More Spray Painting Ideas

33 replies to this topic

#26 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 08:47 PM

You never cease to amaze me. I can't wait to see these nerf guns you are planning to unveil sometime. Incredible. Where do you get the stuff to be able to make the molds and such?

~ompa

#27 Katachi

Katachi

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 09:01 PM

You never cease to amaze me. I can't wait to see these nerf guns you are planning to unveil sometime. Incredible. Where do you get the stuff to be able to make the molds and such?

~ompa

Smooth On makes the plastics and urethanes. But I wouldn't suggest any of you jumping in and trying to make stuff just yet. The learning curve is VERY steep and mistakes are expensive. I've dropped at least $1500 into materials since January and I still don't have the various processes down. But if someone has questions, they can always PM me.

My friend's X-bow style custom high powered rifle WILL eventually go in a shell made from my Gungrave ceruberos gun molds. That gun is 21 inches long!
"If I want something pretty, Ill paint a picuture. Courtesy of Shortshit" -THIRST

#28 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 09:56 PM

I was planning to paint my NF white too.

I cant wait to see these nerf guns your team is working on dude.

#29 LDM

LDM

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 07:48 AM

LDM! I LOVE THE WHITE GUN!!! I use white krylon for primer and I sprayed my TT down and was sooooo tempted to just keep it white and add highlights. It really looks good in white! The NF too!

As long as it's Krylon Fusion, you don't need to use primer. Scrubbing your gun up with a rough sponge using some Bon Ami and water before you paint it helps.

#30 DJ Hurley

DJ Hurley

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 05:36 PM

Katachi, I take it those foam swords on your site don't break once whacked against something, right? Cause I think I spotted a Katana on that rack of swords, and I've always wanted a foam Katana.
Holy shit, it's like your a person from Hasbro who understands us and would actaully improve whats been made in the past. I heart you. (in a non-sexual way, dont worry)
Oh yeah, back on subject. LDM, that gun is insane! It's like painted as if it were from the 80's! Add some blue, pink and yellow triangles along with some wavy lines placed randomly on it and I'm sure it'll look fab. :P
NERF CITY
You're a dipshit, stop posting.
I'll let you know when you can start again.
Yes, I'm serious. ~Cxwq

#31 Katachi

Katachi

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 07:34 PM

Katachi, I take it those foam swords on your site don't break once whacked against something, right? Cause I think I spotted a Katana on that rack of swords, and I've always wanted a foam Katana.
Holy shit, it's like your a person from Hasbro who understands us and would actaully improve whats been made in the past. I heart you. (in a non-sexual way, dont worry)
Oh yeah, back on subject. LDM, that gun is insane! It's like painted as if it were from the 80's! Add some blue, pink and yellow triangles along with some wavy lines placed randomly on it and I'm sure it'll look fab. :P

That's the idea. The ones in the pic are made somewhere in China and are sold in the states through independent resellers. I have a friend who sells for them. They're specifically made for whacking your friends with. Anyway, the reverse engineer in me said "hey! I could make those!" Now I know where to get all the supplies. it's just a matter of getting the money to order parts. They're pretty expensive though. I think that katana is like 90 bucks... >_<

Spray Painting Tip!!

Get an xacto knife and some masking tape for sharper masked off areas. If you've painted the gun with a base color first, and want to mask off an area to paint a second color, WAIT FOR THE FIRST COAT TO DRY!!! Otherwise, the tape will peel up the wet paint when you peel it off.
"If I want something pretty, Ill paint a picuture. Courtesy of Shortshit" -THIRST

#32 Guest_nerferdude_*

Guest_nerferdude_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2004 - 05:18 PM

Sorry to interupt, but Italllion Stallion, how did you attach the handel on the pump of your SM5000?

#33 CheeseNerfer

CheeseNerfer

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 07:14 PM

Hey Katachi do you seriously have pink/red hair?
"Ahh The Power Of Cheese"

#34 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 07:15 PM

O o and if you live in Madison, do you know someone named Joe Thomas? Odd question, it's my friend's older brother.

~ompa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users