Photo

Broken Air Tank repair help

3 replies to this topic

#1 xXhunter47Xx

xXhunter47Xx

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:37 PM

So I decided to try and disassemble a super soaker flash flood, the really ghetto way.
Had to break open the shell because all the screws were stripped/rusted and broke the tank off, totally fucking up what I wanted to do.

The air/water input valve and the output valve is completely fubar. Is there a way to fix this or am I eternally fucked?
Posted Image

Instead of wasting my posting bank, I'm going to edit.

Blue, the nozzle is not superguable. It is fubar.
What I'm asking is if I can somehow fashion a CPVC or PVC or some sort of new valve on it.

Edited by xXhunter47Xx, 30 July 2013 - 05:54 PM.

#2 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

I don't know supersoakers but if what you are saying is that the end of the air tank/nozzle is broken off there is not a very good chance of repairing. Are the pieces supergluable back together?

#3 Exo

Exo

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:14 PM

If you need to make a trigger valve anyway, you might as well save yourself a few headaches and make a new tank out of PVC. And at that point, you're looking at a homemade airgun, illegal at almost every war.

#4 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:28 PM

Blue, the nozzle is not superguable. It is fubar.
What I'm asking is if I can somehow fashion a CPVC or PVC or some sort of new valve on it.

So you would have to make a whole new valve assembly and somehow use it with that specific hard tank. At this point you are pretty much building a whole new tank... which is both quite difficult and probably costs more than it's worth. I'd just toss the soaker at this point.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users