It's that time ladies

69 replies to this topic

#1 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 09:56 AM

I figure it's time to get the Apoc planning off the ground before no one can come because of work commitments, etc. Plus, I need about a month's time to secure the permit.

At this point, I'd like to go by tradition and keep the date in the month of August and that may change. Any weekend after August 14/15, is not good for me because I head out to college after that.

That leaves us with these weekends:

July 31st or August 1st

August 7th or 8th.

August 14th or 15th.

Please plead your cases for this date ASAP so we can set a date by sometime next week. OMC is one of the guys that I definitely want to hear from. That goes for those Philly guys as well. I fully hope that all of you can attend. As I recall, our attendance record is 27; I'd like to see if we can beat that.

At this point, I'd like to see the war at Mill Creek considering all of the other wars and engagements that our area has during the year. The other reason is that I'd like to keep with our (meager) tradition and keep the war at the same place. My other reason for this is that there was a lot of talk about movng Reckoning somewhere else, and I still think the Creek deserves at least one war a year.

Thoughts?
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#2 blackfoger

blackfoger

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 10:32 AM

where is mill creek located anf how far a drive i live in seattle and love to nerf

#3 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 11:37 AM

where is mill creek located anf how far a drive i live in seattle and love to nerf

directions Total Est. Time: 44 hours, 3 minutes Total Est. Distance: 2916.18 miles, assuming of course that the random "mill creek, NJ" i picked (of about a dozen) is the right one, and that you live at the random street i picked (100 1st Ave) in seattle...44 hours isn't too bad a drive, if you really love to nerf.

i don't think you'll be attending this one blackfoger...they live in New Jersey.
You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun. -neonerfer

#4 CheeseNerfer

CheeseNerfer

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 12:59 PM

Yeah BlackFoger is thinking of the millcreek that's about a hours drive from Seattle.
"Ahh The Power Of Cheese"

#5 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 01:08 PM

I like to first and second set of weekends better than the 14th - 15th. I too leave for college soon thereafter.

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#6 reversedracula

reversedracula

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 01:22 PM

Hey, Groove, does this mean you won't be around for any of the games in the 'burg anymore? ^_^ One man's home is another man's college.
NERF OR NOTHIGN!11!eleven!!!one!!!one!11!!!!onhoundredandeleven!!!!!

#7 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 03:44 PM

Well, not for a while. I'm going to VCU which is only a good hour away. I won't be with a car for the first year...so yeah, won't be Nerfing with you guys as often as I would like to. ^_^

That, and all my weapons are banned from play at the moment, so that doesn't help any either. Heh.

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#8 reversedracula

reversedracula

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 04:04 PM

Well, your weapons themselves aren't banned. We have plenty of stock darts, and if you can't fit them into your barrels because they're too big, we could always shove crayolas in or something. There's always a way to adapt things. Good luck with school and let's hope our breaks don't line up so you'll get at home when I'm at school so we can play at my school/your home. ^_^ Confounding phraseology.
NERF OR NOTHIGN!11!eleven!!!one!!!one!11!!!!onhoundredandeleven!!!!!

#9 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 02:33 AM

You guys win the award for high jacking a thread faster then anyone else to date. Shit and your not even Canadian.

Alright, I'd like to have it on August 1st if we could. I'm not going to be able to make any Saturday date, and I'm going out to California around that time. Yeah, August 1st would be best. Question is, will the LCM actually be there?

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#10 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 09:07 AM

I cannot go on July 31st, August 1st. or August 7th.

I can go on the other days.
+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#11 MAC

MAC

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 11:13 AM

The philly guys can probably make any of the dates, but i have to check with all of them. I was kinda worried when i checked map quest and it said that it was a 2 hour drive from my house. I then checked the drive from my house down the shore in ocean city, and it was only a 40 min. drive, so probably all the guys will come down to my shore house the day before, and we can drive up from there.

#12 LDM

LDM

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 05:59 PM

I actually might be able to come this year. Maybe.

The 7th and 8th would be the best dates for me, although any date works.

#13 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 07:35 PM

Must...Find...Zipcode...
Tyranny Response Team

#14 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 08:43 PM

Must...Find...Zipcode...

Try 08741 or 08722.

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#15 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 09:15 PM

3.5 hours. Time to go propose the idea to the parents. (After tomorow's summer school-yay)
Tyranny Response Team

#16 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 12:52 AM

August 1st or 7th would be best for me. Anything later would be too close to my summer calc finals and Fred's summer Data Structures finals. On top of that we've already scheduled our war in the end of August this year.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#17 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 09:25 AM

August 1st or 7th would be best for me. Anything later would be too close to my summer calc finals and Fred's summer Data Structures finals. On top of that we've already scheduled our war in the end of August this year.

I won't be making this war but I will be making it to the one Langley mentioned.
"You are obviously a megalomaniacal insecure little boy stroking your faltering ego with your own hairy palm in order to prove your suedo-alpha male status..."
-BadAssReptileFarmer to Talio

#18 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 11:27 AM

If I still can read and comprehend English, it seems as that August 1st is the most convenient day so far. I still haven't heard from any of the Horsemen, most of the LCM, and One Man Clan. If any of you could respond in the next couple of days, so I could get a date, that would be great.

Once we have a date set, I'll start working on the finer details.

#19 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 01:44 PM

I still haven't heard from ...most of the LCM... If any of you could respond in the next couple of days, so I could get a date, that would be great.

Once we have a date set, I'll start working on the finer details.

So you're posting on a message board hopeing to plan a local event, and you've heard from fewer people from your own group (most of whom you see in school and all of whom live in your town) than people from outside your group?

What if all of us show up and you're the only one from the LCM? Sounds like how it goes at an LGLF event.

Edited by Langley, 28 June 2004 - 01:45 PM.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#20 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 01:46 PM

It's Apoc dude. Don't worry about the LCM Shindig. We'll be there no matter what, whenever it is.
2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#21 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 08:36 PM

Come hell or high water I WILL NOT MISS APOC. I am the only non LCM that has been in APOC since the beginning and I will not lose my title (I think, cause I can't remember if the horsemen made it to last years). I vote for Aug 1st myself, as that will work. Saturdays are best for me, but I can rearrange my schedule. Let's make this happen.
I hate you.

#22 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 10:04 PM

I am the only non LCM that has been in APOC since the beginning and I will not lose my title

You're kidding, right? Fred and I have made it to both '02 and '03.

2016 Nerf War Schedule

#23 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 10:06 PM

point taken
I hate you.

#24 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 02:52 PM

I just took time of from August 4 - 11, I will be in Califonia on the 7th, so I'm out for that day. The 1st would still be best.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#25 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 07:19 AM

In light of the fact that very few of the LCM guys seem to have a problem with most of the dates, I looked at the responses in the thread. Apoc will be on Sunday, August 1st. I will be working on the permit this week and next, so if there are a lot of people with a problem with this date, please let me know ASAP, and I will do my best.

The time frame of the war will be from 11 AM - 6 PM. I will be there starting at 10 AM, and we will start at 11 AM prompt. There are no waivers to sign, just make sure you are there and ready to go by 11. If I get motivated, I'll find some pictures of the terrain for the new guys.

There have been some reforms in the way that we do lunch breaks, and I am going to try to reflect that. I am unsure when we will take lunch, but you will get 45 minutes for lunch. That is pretty much more than resonable in my opinion. Everyone is free to take longer, but after 45 minutes, I'm starting the next round, even if it is just me against Kevin. My suggestion is to ask Matt or myself where the places to eat are before the war starts so you don't lose lunch time arguing over where to go.

I'll divulge on rules more specifically later, but keep in mind that I'm going to get pissed off if you start acting like an asshat. I say this because my ass is on the line if anything happens, that includes all legal matters. The park is not responsible for any injuries, so by attending this war, you understand that they cannot be sued for any injuries inflicted. So Talio, don't dive around and roll your ankle here, please.

For the guys traveling far, I would be happy to find you whatever accomodations would be suitable for you given enough time. I also do not have a problem with giving your parents directions to the ocean and boardwalk for the day. I will have my cell phone with me, so you could call them when we finish the war if need be.

Edited by The Infinite Shindig, 30 June 2004 - 07:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users