8 replies to this topic

#1 lawn mower

lawn mower

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • State:Pennsylvania

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:03 PM

hey guys
I was wondering what foam I should buy and were I can find it. I have a ton of beige foam and its a bit to thick for me. I don't want to buy crappy foam. I want to buy high quality foam that fits cpvc for springer's and sch80 for air guns pleas leave some suggestions in the comments

#2 azrael

azrael

• Members
  • 393 posts
  • State:California

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:31 PM

http://nerfhaven.com...94
Better Nerf By Science!
http://nerfscience.blogspot.com/

#3 Birch

Birch

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • State:Massachusetts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:35 PM

hey guys
I was wondering what foam I should buy and were I can find it. I have a ton of beige foam and its a bit to thick for me. I don't want to buy crappy foam. I want to buy high quality foam that fits cpvc for springer's and sch80 for air guns pleas leave some suggestions in the comments

Beige foam is what I use and I use cpvc for barrels, but maybe mine is just a hair thinner, oh well. I would highly sugest if you want to use something of the same size as cpvc I would just buy some of Funky's polycarbonate barrels. But if you really want to use cpvc I would just stretch your foam.

I you really want a different foam get some MHA foam or some of ben's foam. These work great in cpvc and sch. 80. Of the two though, I would pick ben's just because it cheaper, and you don't have to deal with Kane.

It's like a Hurricane ate a Tornado and shat out a Monsoon!!

#4 Mully

Mully

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • State:California

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:44 PM

http://nerfhaven.com...=0
S.C.U.N.

#5 cheerios

cheerios

• Members
  • 396 posts
  • State:Illinois

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:55 PM

MHA is by far the best foam. You should buy some of their dart kits, especially since their darts are the safest alternatives out there.
22:46- jakejagan :Ryan, did you hear that Zeke's BBBB made N9 bleed?
22:47- Zorn :BONUS

#6 Bchamp22795

Bchamp22795

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:30 PM

MHA is by far the best foam. You should buy some of their dart kits, especially since their darts are the safest alternatives out there.

I'll second that opinion. I'm buying $90 worth of stuff from them. MHA pink foam gets a MUCH higher return when you dart sweep. I lost about 500 out of 750 beige darts I brought to a war once. Usually I lose at least 50%. Pink darts get over 80% return. Easier to see, last longer, perform better, and are much safer.

#7 lawn mower

lawn mower

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • State:Pennsylvania

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:18 AM

were do you get Hma foam. because I don't want to buy from Kane. because I already have all the supplies and the other link didn't work
USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

Clean up your posting. because it is bad. because you don't write in sentences. because these are clasues. because there also is no capitalization. because you are lazy posting. because you are lazy. because you don't think.

Edited by Zorn's Lemma, 02 June 2013 - 09:46 PM.

#8 Bchamp22795

Bchamp22795

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:08 PM

were do you get Hma foam. because I don't want to buy from Kane. because I already have all the supplies and the other link didn't work

You have to buy it from Kane unless you want to buy 50km of it. Also, he will not sell to anyone trying to make slugs or hot glue domes. Only for metal-free and hot glue free darts.

If you want the best foam, you have to make the best darts. If you want to make darts that aren't the best, then use foam that isn't the best.

This is your next best bet.

Edited by Bchamp22795, 02 June 2013 - 02:35 PM.

#9 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • State:Ohio

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

Uh, snicker stefans are amazingly safe. They are also incredibly cheap to make.

Made a few, and they were war tested.

Edited by Duke Wintermaul, 02 June 2013 - 08:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users