Photo

Hasbro Ironman 3 inline Jolt

11 replies to this topic

#1 Solscud007

Solscud007

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

I saw these at my local Target. Didn't feel like paying $10 for one.

They come in two colors. Silver (WarMachine) and Metallic Red (IronMan)

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It doesnt have a barrel but a rod instead that goes up into darts. No idea if it will fit actual nerf darts. But looks rather simple to rebarrel or put a coupler on it.

#2 ExAlpha

ExAlpha

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

I think you can put Nerf darts because in the second picture, there appears to be a whistler dart loaded.
Call me Timo. Captain Timo.

#3 2TAGS

2TAGS

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • State:Indiana

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

Launches up to 15 feet. ? Not worth any time or effort. Jolts and triads both destroy that

Edited by 2TAGS, 14 February 2013 - 08:42 PM.

#4 Solscud007

Solscud007

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

Launches up to 15 feet. ? Not worth any time or effort. Jolts and triads both destroy that

I think you are missing the potential. You could possibly swap jolt internals to get performance. Also if you need a jolt inline, no need to mod one.

#5 ShaNayNay

ShaNayNay

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • State:Missouri

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

I think you are missing the potential. You could possibly swap jolt internals to get performance. Also if you need a jolt inline, no need to mod one.

This is exactly the point. Making an inline Jolt can be a pain. This way the trigger and easily coupler-able front are already there for you.

As for the barrel, that is the exact same type of barrel peg I believe to be on at3k turrets and blasters like the Whiptail Scorpian, from my knowledge. So yes, micros will fit on it. I assume micros will fly farther than the iron men, so expect ranges higher than fifteen feet.

If I ever see one of these on clearance I will definitely pick one or two up. Thanks for the heads up.

Disclaimer: I think the fact you can now shoot Iron Man out of a Nerf blaster is amazing; just factually stating they may be the reason the blaster only fires fifteen feet.

Edited by ShaNayNay, 15 February 2013 - 02:15 PM.

New Jersey is fuckin weird

#6 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts
  • State:California

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:15 AM

YOU ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE ABILITY TO SHOOT TINY FOAM IRON MEN. WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM.

trans as shit because fuck you

#7 Solscud007

Solscud007

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:10 AM

YOU ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE ABILITY TO SHOOT TINY FOAM IRON MEN. WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM.

Haha /\ Yes!! This!!!

#8 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:34 AM

I officially declare that Iron Man and Warmachine will be worth bonus points in any Defend the Core rounds at Foam in the Fort events. :lol:

Also, the ability to fire a largish, non-aerodynamic Iron Man figure 15 feet probably means that it can fire the darts farther. (Assuming the 15 foot claim is for the figures and not the apparently included dart.) Might be useful for integrations. Might just be useful for giggles.
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#9 The2ndBluesBro

The2ndBluesBro

• Members
  • 576 posts
  • State:Ontario
  • MKC on Youtube

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

I think they look pretty cool, better color choices than the jolt.

Nerf, Gaming, knives: https://www.youtube....FjcObRZTl2KReDQ

#10 2TAGS

2TAGS

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:43 AM

Sorry. Its just my opinion that this is worthless at the current price . To each their own :)

#11 Jimu RetroGuru

Jimu RetroGuru

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

I've got one, and modded it.

No need for Jolt internals, it IS a Jolt! The Jolt seems to have taken the Nitefinder's place at Nerf R&D for cosmetic mods. Besides the Iron Flyer and the Clue Eliminators, Jolt tech also appears in the new Ultimate Spider-Man Crossbow.

There are two ways to remove the air restrictor (the peg sticking out the tip of the launcher.

From the back, unscrew and remove the plunger assembly as usual for any Jolt. You will notice that they went back to using a screw to connect the plunger head to the rod. (That smegging Elite rivet always snapped on me) Snip out the cross-shaped bit at the end of the plunger tube and the restrictor assembly will just pop out. Re-assemble and mod as you like. I also included half a Tek4 spring for extra kick.

OR, IF YOU WANT TO DO IT THE CLEVER WAY...

Cut from the FRONT! Slice off the ENTIRE launch peg and enlarge the hole left until the air restrictor pops out the front. Leaving the cross-shaped plunger stop in as a dart stop, you now have enough room for half a CPVC coupler or 1/2 to 3/4 reducing bushing. (I had to shave mine down to almost paper-thin to fit. In retrospect, it would have saved a lot of time and aggravation to use a COPPER coupler instead.)

Pop in a few inches of CPVC for a barrel, then say hello to the Nerf Gator KILL Stick! No dead space, and fits in the palm of your hand.

Edited by Jimu RetroGuru, 18 February 2013 - 03:55 PM.

#12 Tangerle

Tangerle

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • State:Pennsylvania

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

Imagine putting a 8 1/2' long 1 1/4" tube on here with a [k25] or something and a 1/2" nylon rod shooting iron man out of this in the middle of a war like 60'. That'd be awesome.
Gino

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users