Columbus War!Canceled Due to Shitty Weather
October 20, 2012
Show up at 9:30am. Rounds will start at 10:00am. We’ll probably end around 3-5pm depending on people's exhaustion.
499 E Weisheimer Rd.
Columbus, OH 43214
Google Maps Link
- No participants under the age of 13.
- Eye protection is mandatory for participants under the age of 18.
- Air blasters that originally fire a projectile larger than a mega dart must have their over pressure valves unmodified.
- No shields will be allowed.
- Do not use any blasters painted all black. If you have a dark blaster, please avoid wearing camouflage clothing or too much tacti-cool gear.
- Blasters will only be banned due to safety/power issues, not because it dominates.
- Hosts will have final say on all blaster bans.
We are allowing hot glue tips and felt tips for this war. These rules may be more annoying to understand, but we want more people that come to use stefans because stock dart wars are retarded.
These dart rules are revolving around safety, not range. Our idea is to standardize the “pain” level and let people use anything they want within these perimeters. Someone will eventually find a loophole or a way around these written rules. Please note: it’s not fucking cute to do this - we’ll still just ask you to leave and never come back.
Stock darts, missiles, discs or anything else like that are allowed, obviously.
Felt pad darts:
- Weights are limited to ¼” slingshot weights or lighter. This means ¼” slingshot weights are allowed under a felt pad.
- Felt pads must be approximately the same width as McMaster felt pads. This is only super important is you’re using heavy, hard weights. We don’t want a thin pad over a metal slingshot weight; that would hurt.
- If you kiss the felt to a flame to prevent fraying, please limit the amount you burn off in order to keep it soft.
Hot Glue Domes:
- Weights are limited to two (2) copper BB’s or lighter. I can’t accurately weigh these, so just don’t be a bitch and use super heavy weights with hot glue domes.
- ¼” slingshot weights with hot glue tips are BANNED.
- Hot glue must fully cover the weight - you cannot have exposed metal.
- You may not use washers in conjunction with hot glue. This causes exposed metal.
Tl;dr - Don’t be a douche bag, yo.
- Defend the Core (DtC)
- Ohio Wingman
- Capture the Flag (CtF)
- Multi-team 3:15
I felt we had a lot of down time during the last war. I’m setting a round schedule to keep things on track. If you’re derping around in the staging area and being slow, we’ll start without you.
Also, if you’ve never hosted a war, you do NOT get to back seat host. Standing around complaining about how slow I am being or how bad a host I am being is fucking stupid when you’ve never hosted a war. It’s a tough balance to keep things on a speedy schedule while not coming off as a tyrant.
- Bring a bagged lunch or money to get lunch during a designated break. We usually break around noon for an hour to eat at a nearby Wendy's (Columbus tradition)
- Be sure to bring enough darts to support yourself and your guests for the whole day
- Remember to bring water
- Are you new to NIC or Columbus Nerf? Check out our definitions of certain game types and other stuff that will help you when you arrive: http://pastebin.com/F8xELVyT - This is posted on an external site in order to reduce clutter. This thread is already supa long.
Map of Area:
- If you plan to attend but cannot post here due to validation issues, please send me an email at Coop772 (at) gmail (dot) com if you’d like to RSVP.
- Prince Valor
- Lone Wanderer
Edited by Coop, 19 October 2012 - 10:05 PM.