Pyragon Drum Video: internal workings

7 replies to this topic

#1 Darthrambo

Darthrambo

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:45 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6diaYTGCqUc&feature=plcp

Video of the inner workings of the pyragon drum, aka condom manufacturing machine.

Pics are here

Edited by Darthrambo, 04 October 2012 - 02:04 PM.

#2 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:55 PM

When SGNerf posts content and then links to his site, the original content is actually good and encourages me to check out his site.

If you want to imitate his success, you should probably add another picture that actually shows the "pyragon drum internal workings" as you purport. You could be talking about a condom manufacturing machine in the OP and I wouldn't know the difference.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#3 Darthrambo

Darthrambo

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:02 PM

When SGNerf posts content and then links to his site, the original content is actually good and encourages me to check out his site.

If you want to imitate his success, you should probably add another picture that actually shows the "pyragon drum internal workings" as you purport. You could be talking about a condom manufacturing machine in the OP and I wouldn't know the difference.

II put up something That I felt some people would be interested in because to my knowledge pics of it do not yet exist. I'm not trying to imitate anyone's success just trying to share what I thought others might be curious about. I'm sorry if you feel That I wasted your time.

I'll just remove the post

Edited by Darthrambo, 24 August 2012 - 11:22 PM.

#4 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:28 AM

To clarify how SgNerf's threads are relevant to this discussion:

As far as I can tell, SgNerf does not typically link to his site when he posts a thread, he merely watermarks all of his images. He also posts the entirety of his writeup, rather than posting a teaser and then telling people to check out his site for more. That should be the standard for how you post on this site. Posting as you have here is considered plugging your site, which is covered in the Code of Conduct and New Members Guide. You're welcome to put a tasteful link or set of links in your signature as long as they aren't obnoxiously formatted, and if you reproduce the full content of an article here, you may link to the original at the end of the thread if you wish.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#5 Darthrambo

Darthrambo

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:32 AM

To clarify how SgNerf's threads are relevant to this discussion:

As far as I can tell, SgNerf does not typically link to his site when he posts a thread, he merely watermarks all of his images. He also posts the entirety of his writeup, rather than posting a teaser and then telling people to check out his site for more. That should be the standard for how you post on this site. Posting as you have here is considered plugging your site, which is covered in the Code of Conduct and New Members Guide. You're welcome to put a tasteful link or set of links in your signature as long as they aren't obnoxiously formatted, and if you reproduce the full content of an article here, you may link to the original at the end of the thread if you wish.

I see Where you are coming from and everything but this would require me to reformat everything just to put it up here. I thought people would like to see the content since as far as I could tell there were no pics of it anywhere. I won't bother doing it anymore if it bugs you guys. My bad.

#6 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:11 AM

I see Where you are coming from and everything but this would require me to reformat everything just to put it up here. I thought people would like to see the content since as far as I could tell there were no pics of it anywhere. I won't bother doing it anymore if it bugs you guys. My bad.

You're welcome to post the photos in the internals thread, as long as no one is forced to click through to your site just to see them.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#7 Darthrambo

Darthrambo

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:10 PM

You're welcome to post the photos in the internals thread, as long as no one is forced to click through to your site just to see them.

So a post like this cool? http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=23066

I understand that you don't just want people coming in here and mucking things up with shameless promotion of their useless nerf blog. I just posted like that because I wasn't going to reformat or rewrite everything and I thought it was something that people might be interested in, that wasn't yet covered.

#8 Darthrambo

Darthrambo

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:57 PM

bump for the Addition of the vid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users