• 943 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 09:22 PM

You're a bunch of champions ...

Basically, it will just be:
- a database, probably a .mdb for my ease
- a few .txt files ... for the php include's
- 10, give or take, .swf's for browsing geographically
- and one php page ...

That's about it, the main stuff will be well less than a meg, but the database will soon get out of hand size-wise. So i'm gathering the server is MySQL and [of course] PHP compliant.

I've stopped over at NerfEvolved [i've been there a few times before] and registered. You can't exactly miss my username. taita_cakes. Again.

On a sadder note, i'm actually going to have to get off my ass and visit the techie after school. Do you know what that means? well? Physical Effort ... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ANyway, ciao
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#27 ZATZAi

ZATZAi

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 09:38 PM

Well, I know we over at NE have wanted for a while to make a Nerfers database. I just never got around to it. I'm actually going to do it now though (For the new version of NE), in MySQL, I was going to have a flash map of the world, and have dots show up where people are based on longitude and latitude. I would be using PHP, MySQL, and a Flash map then, the php would feed the data to the flash via a little varibles in the embed code...

It'll be designed to work with the existing user base at NE, and anyone that signs up. If you guys want to get involved in this your welcome to, but I understand if your already so far along you want to keep it as 'Your Project'.

Just letting you know, since ATB popped in with the mention about NE...

If you want to know what I'm doing, I'll post more on it at NE, I plan to release it with the new version of NE on August 1st to coincide with the new version of NHQ coming out. Figured it would be a real hoot if a bunch of sites came out with new versions on the same day. Who knows, maybe Cxwq will get involved and finally release his Karma system on the same day, or something, who knows.

EDIT: I shoudl say, if your willing, I could be willing to just use whatever it is you got, if its sufficient. I'm just not sure how your doing it, don't really need a intro you know, people just want the info. Send me a PM from NE if you wanna talk about it.

Edited by ZATZAi, 14 July 2004 - 09:40 PM.

#28 Ragornocks

Ragornocks

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 09:43 PM

...maybe Cxwq will get involved and finally release his Karma system on the same day, or something, who knows.

Get your ass into class, C.
hug the fuck out of 'em, philippe!

#29 ZATZAi

ZATZAi

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 09:45 PM

Hehe, I hope he does, but would understand if not, but still, it would be very...

interesting :lol:

#30 okto

okto

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 10:43 PM

"interesting" is one way to describe it.

#31 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 06:56 AM

Well, I know we over at NE have wanted for a while to make a Nerfers database. I just never got around to it. I'm actually going to do it now though (For the new version of NE), in MySQL, I was going to have a flash map of the world, and have dots show up where people are based on longitude and latitude. I would be using PHP, MySQL, and a Flash map then, the php would feed the data to the flash via a little varibles in the embed code...

It'll be designed to work with the existing user base at NE, and anyone that signs up. If you guys want to get involved in this your welcome to, but I understand if your already so far along you want to keep it as 'Your Project'.

Just letting you know, since ATB popped in with the mention about NE...

If you want to know what I'm doing, I'll post more on it at NE, I plan to release it with the new version of NE on August 1st to coincide with the new version of NHQ coming out. Figured it would be a real hoot if a bunch of sites came out with new versions on the same day. Who knows, maybe Cxwq will get involved and finally release his Karma system on the same day, or something, who knows.

EDIT: I shoudl say, if your willing, I could be willing to just use whatever it is you got, if its sufficient. I'm just not sure how your doing it, don't really need a intro you know, people just want the info. Send me a PM from NE if you wanna talk about it.

*sigh*
Oh the homosexuality.
That has no relevance ... but .... >.<

Well, that's ... just... .... .... homosexual ....

Hmmm, i'm not really very far in but i suppose, well, i have no idea what to do now. I'll pm you or email you when i get the chance.

Generally, i'm not going to be relying on already established member lists on forums, i'm going to establish an entire list of all members of the NIC and database them.... It's just that we both have the same methods and idea's of delivering them ...

This post is so.... constipated... i feel so... shut down ...

#32 ZATZAi

ZATZAi

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 07:12 PM

I went a little over board in explaining the reasons behind it, and then some. I wanted to make it clear that I'm not trying to steal your idea (Though many others have shared it), but that it's been 'planned' for a while now.

Do what you want though, bear no ill will.

#33 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 08:15 AM

Oh no, i certainly don't take offence, i've heard this being discussed multiple times before me. But i wanted to actually do it and also to do it on an international scale.

Not to mention that im still deleting the viruses off my computer at this moment....

#34 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 12:53 AM

Goods News:
I've got the coding almost completed. It'll have a login for the area managers and a search function. The managers will simply fill in a form [or approve a form] that will write to the database.

And now, The Bad News:
- I'm still yet to find someone to host me that supports PHP and the fabled mySQL. Possibly NH, NHQ, NE, or whoever can really be bothered.
- I'm going to nick off to the beach house for a week, and i've got tonnes of homework, so the cosmetics and such won't be done for a while. Give me a chance here ...

Anyway, just letting you know i havn't abandoned it, and that its still going strong. Input welcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users