Xellah

They call his chin.... Captain Underpants

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:45 PM

3923 North High St.
Columbus, OH 43214

(Copypasta directions from Coop)
- Go in the entrance and follow the road down the slope and over a number of speed bumps. Then, when the road splits after the small bridge, turn left. Since it will be Saturday morning, there will probably be quite a few cars parked along the sides of the road. We will play somewhere in the left side grass area.

Edit #2: Date changed to the 25th of August

Date:
Saturday, August 25th. Rounds will start around 10 A.M. Be there early (9:30).

(Most of this is also copy and paste from Coop's other war threads. There are some important changes however for brevity and clarity.)

Rules:
- Eye protection is mandatory for all participants.
- No participants under the age of 13.
- Air blasters that originally fire a projectile larger than a micro dart must have their over pressure valves unmodified.
- Do not use any blasters painted all black. If you have a dark blaster, please avoid wearing camouflage clothing or too much tacti-cool gear.
- Decisions on blaster bans are entirely up to the host's discretion on a case-by-case basis.

Dart Regulations:
- Felt pads are mandatory on all homemade darts. Stock ammo is allowed, of course.
- The weight under the felt pad is limited by weight, not size or style. You aren’t limited to washers.
- The hosts will still have final say and we’ll be banning anything that is too dangerous. If you’re unsure about your dart style, contact me BEFORE the war.

Game Types:
- 3:15
- Freeze Tag
- Blob
- Multi-team 3:15
- Carpe Testiculum

Other Information:
- Bring a bagged lunch or money to get lunch during a designated break. Typically we break around 12:30-1.
- Darts. Bring plenty.
- Remember to bring water.
- There will be most likely be profanity at this event. Most participants here are adults and this should be a non-issue.

Attendance:
- If you plan to attend but cannot post here due to validation issues, please send me an email at xellah06@gmail.com if you’d like to RSVP.
- If you have any other questions about this war or past wars, feel free to message me.

Definites:
Coop
Xellah
ck32
Scraps
BubuKitti

Edited by Xellah, 22 August 2012 - 06:37 PM.

Ultimator Duel

it cant be as bad as reloading an ak-47 on the run

#2 Coop

Coop

#sogoodmuchtacticswowinit2winit360noscopehax0rleetbeastmodeactiv

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:36 PM

I'm a slim maybe.

On the other hand, the guy who posted before me used the word 'fuck' a lot so he probably knows what he's talking about.

#3 Xellah

Xellah

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:12 PM

I'm a slim maybe.

Noted. I'd like to hear from the others.

Edited by Xellah, 05 July 2012 - 03:14 PM.

Ultimator Duel

#4 Buffdaddy

Buffdaddy

Do not buy from this member

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 824 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

I SHOULD be able to make it.

#5 ck32

ck32

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:04 PM

I can't make it.

Edited by ck32, 16 August 2012 - 08:41 AM.

I'm that really tall guy from APOC.

#6 Buffdaddy

Buffdaddy

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 824 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:35 PM

Of the people to respond so far - Foam in the Fort III is the same weekend (Hipponater, Brian, Coop and I all had fun there at #2). Would any of you Columbus people be up for a road trip? Bit of a drive, but nothing impossible.

Also, ck32, it's over in Fort Wayne, IN, so it's about the same drive for you as coming to Columbus.

Just a thought.

#7 Xellah

Xellah

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:26 AM

Would any of you Columbus people be up for a road trip?

I would love to go if we can make concrete plans quickly. There hasn't been much activity in Ohio this year, and I won't feel bad about rescheduling this war to post-Apoc if nobody else minds.
Ultimator Duel

#8 Buffdaddy

Buffdaddy

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 824 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:01 AM

I would love to go if we can make concrete plans quickly. There hasn't been much activity in Ohio this year, and I won't feel bad about rescheduling this war to post-Apoc if nobody else minds.

I'll make sure to check everything in classes, etc in the next few days - see if I can make the weekend 100% clear.

#9 Coop

Coop

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:58 PM

Not that anyone asked me directly, but I can't/am not willing to make the trip over for Foam in the Fort. I don't care if this war is moved though.

This is MOSTLY at Xellah because we briefly discussed driving over there together.

On the other hand, the guy who posted before me used the word 'fuck' a lot so he probably knows what he's talking about.

#10 Xellah

Xellah

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:43 AM

Alright, we can reschedule the date to a Saturday after Apoc. How does the 18th of August sound? I realize that this may interfere with the start of Fall semester for some, but I'd like to know if that would tentatively work for you guys.
Ultimator Duel

#11 ck32

ck32

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:09 PM

The 18th of August sounds good to me.

#12 Buffdaddy

Buffdaddy

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 824 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:36 PM

That's good with me, too. As far as I can tell, the weekend is free for making the trip.

#13 MattTheSasquatch

MattTheSasquatch

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:59 AM

Unfortunately, this date doesn't work for me as I move back to college the 12th. I would be able to make any war planned before the 12th, but if that day works for everyone else then I'll just start preparing for next year's wars.
You're never too old to play with Nerf Blasters.

#14 Xellah

Xellah

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:56 AM

Guess I should bump this since the war is next weekend. I'm assuming that everyone's status for attendance is the same, but if anybody's has changed just let me know. The war is still on.
Ultimator Duel

#15 ck32

ck32

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:29 AM

I can not make it, I will be on vacation.

#16 Coop

Coop

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:37 AM

Well I could make this war but I really don't feel like making darts just for a another 2v2. Anyone else up for rescheduling to a later date?

Unless a group of people are planning to attend and didn't respond in the thread?

#17 PBZ

PBZ

Cap'n Whitebeard

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:15 AM

Pick a day. I'll be there!
"There's nothing quite like hunting children." -VACC

#18 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:35 PM

It's a little late now, but this has been added to the main page and 2016 Nerf War Schedule. In the future, please add your wars to the schedule ahead of time.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#19 Xellah

Xellah

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:13 PM

It's a little late now, but this has been added to the main page and 2012 Nerf War Schedule. In the future, please add your wars to the schedule ahead of time.

This is the same thread from the previous war in July, just editted to reflect a change of date. I was unsure of how to go about the schedule change in relation to the war schedule thread. Should I edit my posts in the war schedule thread in the future or post a new reply with the new date?

Anyone else up for rescheduling to a later date?

The UGC has planned a war on this exact date on campus. So Nicole, Mike and I are maybes in all honesty. I'm up for rescheduling, but do we want to start a new thread?

Edited by Xellah, 16 August 2012 - 04:15 PM.

Ultimator Duel

#20 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:16 PM

This is the same thread from the previous war in July, just editted to reflect a change of date. I was unsure of how to go about the schedule change in relation to the war schedule thread. Should I edit my posts in the war schedule thread in the future or post a new reply with the new date?

You can definitely post in the schedule thread again, especially if you are rescheduling a war that is already on the schedule.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#21 BubuKitti

BubuKitti

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:13 AM

Scraps and I are planning to attend if there will be other people there. I'll be in and out of actual play, but wanna take some pix too if no one minds too much (if you don't want yours taken just say so when you see me)

Edited by BubuKitti, 17 August 2012 - 11:15 AM.

#22 Xellah

Xellah

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:44 PM

After speaking with Coop and ck32 I've decided to push the war back to this following Saturday, the 25th of August. This will allow an acceptable war attendance (more than 4 people). If anybody has any comments or change of status in your attendance please let me know. I'll also edit the first post to reflect these changes.
Ultimator Duel

#23 Coop

Coop

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:21 PM

I'm posting to confirm my attendance for the war on the 25th.

Edited by Coop, 23 August 2012 - 01:57 PM.

#24 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

Updated the calendar and front page with the new date.

2016 Nerf War Schedule

#25 Xellah

Xellah

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:07 PM

Thanks Langley.

The war is definitely on for the 25th.

Because Xellah failed to edit the first page with the current attendance

There hasn't been anything to edit, since nobody else but you and I have spoken about attending. I haven't received word from the others.
Ultimator Duel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users