Whetstone Park of Roses
3923 North High St.
Columbus, OH 43214
(Copypasta directions from Coop)
- Go in the entrance and follow the road down the slope and over a number of speed bumps. Then, when the road splits after the small bridge, turn left. Since it will be Saturday morning, there will probably be quite a few cars parked along the sides of the road. We will play somewhere in the left side grass area.
Edit #2: Date changed to the 25th of August
Saturday, August 25th. Rounds will start around 10 A.M. Be there early (9:30).
(Most of this is also copy and paste from Coop's other war threads. There are some important changes however for brevity and clarity.)
- Eye protection is mandatory for all participants.
- No participants under the age of 13.
- Air blasters that originally fire a projectile larger than a micro dart must have their over pressure valves unmodified.
- Do not use any blasters painted all black. If you have a dark blaster, please avoid wearing camouflage clothing or too much tacti-cool gear.
- Decisions on blaster bans are entirely up to the host's discretion on a case-by-case basis.
- Felt pads are mandatory on all homemade darts. Stock ammo is allowed, of course.
- The weight under the felt pad is limited by weight, not size or style. You aren’t limited to washers.
- The hosts will still have final say and we’ll be banning anything that is too dangerous. If you’re unsure about your dart style, contact me BEFORE the war.
- Freeze Tag
- Multi-team 3:15
- Carpe Testiculum
- Bring a bagged lunch or money to get lunch during a designated break. Typically we break around 12:30-1.
- Darts. Bring plenty.
- Remember to bring water.
- There will be most likely be profanity at this event. Most participants here are adults and this should be a non-issue.
- If you plan to attend but cannot post here due to validation issues, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to RSVP.
- If you have any other questions about this war or past wars, feel free to message me.
Edited by Xellah, 22 August 2012 - 06:37 PM.