3dbbq Barrel Adaption

easy ROF gain for all air guns?

47 replies to this topic

#26 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 12:38 PM

yeah ill try and get some pics up real soon just of my barrel assembly together and apart with everything labeled real clear for ya :) anything for raaayyy.
~SS

#27 Vintage

Vintage

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 01:08 PM

Posted Image
(Vintage's p90)
how 2 link Hose Handle's head?

I used a 3/4 inch threaded female adapter. Not a coupler. A threaded adapter that I screwed on the nozzle threads.

~Vintage
You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone
~Al Capone

#28 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 02:47 AM

Ray had a GREAT idea to improve the design of the barrel system to be much more air efficiant, meaning that you can have way more darts in the clip as well as increasing range. We talked for a bit and I drew a colorful design off of what he showed me. I then built one and am SURE it will work- but have no more working air guns to test it with! Alas!
-copy and paste this to see:
http://www.geocities...ciantbarrel.JPG
to get a look. It restricts a LOT of the 3/4ths PVC, saving lotza extra air from being wasted, which was what was decreasing range in the origional system w/ nerf guns. The 2nd inner 'blue' brass barrel (the one w/ the darts in it) is one size LARGER than 9/16th brass, (which i happen to have some of)-- this fits the darts loosely so the air still goes around them and all of that loveliness. The back, of course, is the MnM's mini cap, and the thick outer black lines are normal 3/4th couplers. I'm SURE that this is a way more efficiant design both for range and for holding more ammo! I can't wait till Ray also builds/tests one ,as I have no more functional airguns at the momment to test mine with! RAH!

Edited by ShortShit, 22 June 2004 - 02:53 AM.

~SS

#29 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 02:21 PM

I can't wait till Ray also builds/tests one ,as I have no more functional airguns at the momment to test mine with! RAH!

i'm picking up some brass today. i'll make it within the next few days. you should go pick up a airtech 2k...i think you can still find them.
You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun. -neonerfer

#30 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 05:30 PM

today I called all of the TRU's in my county to no end. Im ordering a few from a board member in a few days -_-
one thing im worried about with the barrel is that, even though there is room around the darts in the loading-barrel, they may still get shot out by the 2's/3's because of the high pressure, but I cant be sure I guess. IM excited to find out. This makes the whole assembly quite large, but if it works functionally having 5 highrange shots will be quite lovely!

Edited by ShortShit, 22 June 2004 - 05:32 PM.

~SS

#31 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 01:41 PM

Thanks to Kevin for hosting the pics: This is the version of the barrel i made and used at Armageddon. Since then, Ray and I brainstormed up the new design, and we will have pics and results of that soon, here is the old working verion!:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
~SS

#32 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 01:49 PM

I still dont get how this gets multiple shots before reloading.

#33 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 07:14 PM

*sigh* you see how the barrel is only so long? and it goes INTO the larger barrel? u load darts in that... im not even gonna finish, this whole thread has MULTIPLE explanations and links to movies and step by step pictures which all show how it works.
Posted Image
rinse repeat... accept we have a new idea which is much more air efficient:
(copy/paste)

Edited by ShortShit, 25 June 2004 - 07:19 PM.

~SS

#34 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 09:30 PM

Eh, I'll do my best... Ninjz, you have multiple darts in a larger barrel, with only one exit hole; the 9/16 brass. You tilt the gun forwards to lodge one dart in the end of the 9/16 barrel, then fire the weapon. The dart chamber fills with air, but only allows one dart to escape, the one dart lodged in the brass. After that dart leaves, you tilt the gun forwards again, and repeat.

~ompa

#35 3DBBQ

3DBBQ

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 12:25 PM

Good!
I these days continuously R&D this kind of barrel,
had a result,
is Dart importantly to the barrel, can normally operate

Edited by 3DBBQ, 26 June 2004 - 12:28 PM.

#36 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 01:28 PM

yeah it really does take just the right dart/barrel ratio
~SS

#37 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 02:27 PM

I DID IT! YAY! I got my AT2k's in the mail yesterday, opened'm up and unscrewed one of the valves. I then cut the hose, and put the valve onto a 1500 pump/casing with ease. There was just one hitch: even though the 1500/at2k valves appear to be almost identical, the trigger-pin is SHORTER on the AT2k valve ahhhh! I had finished making room for everything in the casing and closed it up only to find that the valve was being open while the trigger was just in READY position. Anyway I extended the trigger mechanizm easily with some extra plastic + epoxy.

MOVING ON: I slapped on my new "Raw-Shit-BBQ" barrel assembly. (because its come from Rawray, myself, and 3DBBQ's concepts)
(copy/paste)
It is now securely onto my 1500/at2k-integration and is working flawlessly. With 5 pumps I get 90' flat -- all 5 shots-- and have only had one miss-fire! YAY!
Pics to come... :D

-right now the inner barrel is 8" of PETG... I wonder if 9/16th would do a better job... Has anyone every single barreled their 1500 or at2k with brass AND PETG at different times to see if one was truly superior?

Edited by ShortShit, 11 July 2004 - 02:31 PM.

~SS

#38 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 05:07 PM

Cool deal. With any of the SoCal darts made from my FBR, the 9/16" brass will work slightly better in a pump gun than the PETG will. With other FBR, it depends on the precise fit. Basically, PETG is a tiny bit smaller ID than 9/16" K&S brass so it's a little too constricted to be totally optimal with my darts.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#39 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 05:51 PM

yeah. I mostly use your sized fibar darts. My only worry is that since your sized fibar gradually slides down 9/16th brass, when I pump the gun at a 90 degree angle to prime the next dart - it will fall out of the front of the barrel! I'm getting fine range for me, I just hate to not make it better if its possible to... its just a little bit of a pain to be testing it all out now :D I'll make an assembly with 9/16th as soon as I buy another peice and just give it a shot, becuase if I can stand to gain a good 5-10ft for it, it would be worth it...

Edited by ShortShit, 11 July 2004 - 05:53 PM.

~SS

#40 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 12:09 AM

I put a brass inner-barrel in the assembly and tested it out, but it was too dark for me to even see or find my darts so I'll have to test it in the morning to see if there is any improvement... fingers crossed! *so I didnt just spend two hours for nill* from what i could makeout in the night haze there wasnt much improvement but I really cant say till tommorrow. Brass SHOULD be better~ grr...

Edited by ShortShit, 12 July 2004 - 01:36 AM.

~SS

#41 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 12:50 PM

I did a range test this morning in my park with minimal wind:
5 shots from shoulder height, 3' average dart skipage on pavement--
101'
94'
91'
95'
92'
Not bad at ALL for a 5 shot 1500 with AT2k valve! I'm quite content and I think the first shot may've been a fluke, but even so. Yay 'Raw-Shit-BBQ' barrel assembly making airguns have great ROF + Range! Pics to come!
~SS

#42 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 03:44 PM

Very nice.

This barrel concept is interesting. I may have to play with it some.

#43 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 07:25 PM

well I just dont stop! copy paste the following into your browser:
http://www.geocities...iantbarrel2.JPG
Eh?Eh? Now this is making a big 20" assembly out of the whole rig but can be used as a stock I guess... Its an Idea im definetly toying with though... Think about it. good range and 10 shots without really reloading at all.
1. open ball valve
2. add 5 darts
3. close ball valve
4. add 5 darts
5. close MnM's Mini's-Cap
6. use 5 shots
7. point gun facing down
8. open ball valve
9. close ball valve
10. shoot 5 shots
repeat...
eh? Any input would be lovely! thanks!

Im going to get to contructing it!

Edited by ShortShit, 13 July 2004 - 12:27 AM.

~SS

#44 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 12:27 AM

well I just dont stop! copy paste the following into your browser:
http://www.geocities...iantbarrel2.JPG
Eh?Eh? Now this is making a big 20" assembly out of the whole rig but can be used as a stock I guess... Its an Idea im definetly toying with though... Think about it. good range and 10 shots without really reloading at all.

I made it and it works great, its kinda bulky but works as a stock if needed, also you can unscrew it at anytime to return to normal, I kinda like not having to cram darts into the barrel in a rush.

Edited by ShortShit, 13 July 2004 - 01:35 AM.

~SS

#45 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 12:34 AM

Are you currently using brass? Do you think it's significantly better than the PETG you originally had?

If you have trouble with darts slipping through the brass when you point it down to 'reload', you can use a nail punch to put a few small dents around the very back of the barrel. It will create little protrusions on the inside that should hold the dart just enough.

#46 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 01:35 AM

I am using brass at the momment, I found that it get slightly better range yes, so if you have it you might as well use it. I experience VERY little slippage when reloading, maybe one in twenty darts decide to just fall out, I added the littlest dab of epoxy about a quart inch in to the back side of the brass, which should have about the same affect as your denting thang... hopefully. Its just a precausion really... I'm starting to have leakage problems with my valve, but thats just because i placed the new one funny in the case, and the trigger pin is being pulled at a slight angle instead of straight on so a little airs seeping out. Someone remind me never to try and swap valves ever again EVER. I just hate the AT2k casing + pumping it- ITS SO WIMPY!

Anyhow. I think im done tinkering with this design for now. Its really solid, and the extra second clip add on is just a fun *easily removable* touch which pretty much doubles your ROF, but does add to the weight a little bit. Kevin: I hope you have fun making something amazingly superior to mine, which will, inturn, make me look like a short... shit... at the next war... gl. :ph34r:
~SS

#47 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 03:45 PM

*update* I decided to screw my 1500/at2k integrations and just attached the big barrel assembly to my other nib AT2k, works like a charm, no leakage, same 90ish range zone and 10 shots before reloading due to the 2 clip system. I'm a happy man! :lol:

Edited by ShortShit, 13 July 2004 - 03:55 PM.

~SS

#48 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 09:42 PM

*update* and you guys thought I was done! I had a dream last night, where my rifle RawShitBBQ barrel assembly was even SIMPLER than what I had made before, well I did it and it was so simple! Instead of putting one size up from 9/16th brass INSIDE 3/4th PVC, just use 1/2 SCH 80 PVC saving a TON of time and effort in assembly to the same end., its the perfect size to let just enough air AROUND the waiting darts and make the whole rig uber simple to make. I made it and put it on my new BlastBaZOoka thang. Pics of my at2k and the blastbazooka with my new barrels on it will come monday. Im still getting a consistant 90' + or - 5 feet on the at2k, and am getting 100' + or - 5 feet on the blastbazooka. This is insane everyone, I want you all to know how amazing it is to have a barrel assembly you can put on ANY air gun with minimal range loss (compared to that gun single barrel modded of course) and have TEN shots without reloading. This is quite amazing. The at2k probably has the best ROF...ever... and the blastbazooka takes longer due to the 8 pumps needed, but has the extra range to make it worth while. here is the design of the best assembly so far: (copy/paste URL)
http://www.geocities...iantbarrel3.JPG
(I sand out all ends of the pvc so the darts always load w/o fail)
I'll have pics of both guns monday for ya!

Edited by ShortShit, 17 July 2004 - 09:45 PM.

~SS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users