Nerf Hurts

I know

41 replies to this topic

#1 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 08:19 PM

There is an article on NerfOnline about this. I would just like to hear your experiences. I have a few great ones. Here goes. Just today, at forty feet, my super soaker with properly weighted half inch stefan, shot straight through 1/8 inch steel :lol:. It also chips concrete and has three times the penetration of a large penis traveling at three hundred fifty feet per second. Another one, this time with a modded (Bands, Crayola breech/2" 1/2 PVC barrel, no air restriction, at all) Nite Finder at about ten feet. Shot someone in the stomach two weeks ago, left a welt that bled and has a mark that was still there sunday. That was with a standard nerf micro. One last one with a Bow'n Arrow (only mods to blaster were bands and last 3/4" of barrel cut off) at about twenty feet. Shot a re-weighted arrow, went through a half inch of plexy glass. I know many people have worse horror stories than this, so let's hear them. These were probably the worst that I personally have done with my Nerf stuff. I have heard worse that involved nails in nerf darts. What he was thinking we may never know. :w00t:

<EDIT>Whoops. At the time, I also had my B'nA with a new spring that was double the gauge of the standard spring. It also might have been 3/8 inch plexy glass too.<EDIT>

Blue = Cxwq
"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

#2 reversedracula

reversedracula

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 08:23 PM

I recently saw an old converted supersoaker shoot through a fiberglass ceiling tile. When we get back to campus in August, maybe I'll get a picture up here. That steel story isn't so out though because steel is pretty maleable I suppose, and can greatly vary in the carbon content, which contributes to the hardness... but that plexiglas story sounds insane.
NERF OR NOTHIGN!11!eleven!!!one!!!one!11!!!!onhoundredandeleven!!!!!

#3 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 08:25 PM

I shot myself in the foot with a non-nerf weapon of some sort with no shoes and it hurt. Then a couple days ago, i shot my foot again w/ a NF and it hurt worse.

Also, I was shooting my NF and a couple days later I found a crack in my window. :w00t:(if my mom asks,wasn't me :lol: )

Blue = Cxwq
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#4 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 08:28 PM

Yeah. I just remembered a bit more about the plexy glass story. The steel was a garage door. Whoops. My mom didn't care too much. What's funny is how the barrel on that super soaker is made entirely of carboard. I took a gift paper tube, cut the length i needed, and then cut the strip needed. Taped it together and there it is, two and a half foot barrel made from carboard tubing and masking tape.
"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

#5 Nazgul Lord

Nazgul Lord

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 08:31 PM

I shot my self with my coppered sm5k 1cm away from my hand. . . :w00t: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Nazgul_Lord, 25 May 2004 - 03:36 PM.

Nazgul Lord of the CFM

#6 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 08:33 PM

ooooch!!!!!!!!!! :w00t: your making me cry just listening.
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#7 VoLT

VoLT

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 08:41 PM

A few days ago when I was outside on my porch working on some Stefans (can't stand working inside), a bird came up to the bird feeder, then a blue jay (I hate goddamn blue jays... they always scare away the smaller birds then don't even bother eating any birdseed... retarded) scared it away. So, I took my SM750 and shot it (about 10 feet away). It teetered back, then fell off the edge of the deck, and started flying just before it hit the ground (which was 15 feet down). :w00t: Too bad it had to start flying.
"Don't hate the little man cuz he's packing a six shooter!" - midget from GTA: San Andreas

My username is a good example of what happens when you leave caps lock on.

#8 stevo123

stevo123

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 08:43 PM

I shot myself in the foot with a mp-5 airsoft gun with no shoes and it hurt. Then a couple days ago, i shot my foot again w/ a NF and it hurt worse.

I always test my guns after I mod them by shooting myself in the foot. I would have thought I would learned to not do it by now, but I guess I'm just a dumbass.
Stevo123 of DCNerf. Web site coming soon.

#9 TheHaze

TheHaze

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 09:12 PM

After I nested brass modded my max shot, none of my friends believed how powerful it was so one of them told me to shoot them in the foot, barefoot. I asked a few times if he was sure and shot him form an inch away. I think he had a welt for 3 weeks.
When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmm, boy

#10 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 09:38 PM

at forty feet, my super soaker with properly weighted half inch stefan, shot straight through 1/8 inch steel

Oh geeze, here we go again.

Prepare for the p8(spheroid) freaks to come and start trolling.

I wish people would just leave these kinds of threads in the unfortunate-history-of-the-NIC category.

Anybody who compares nerf to a similar sport or even mentions one of those similar sports in this thread will get a nice temp ban.

Oh yeah, I'm sure you mean well but the 1/8" steel thing is complete bullshit. A typical steel garage door is in the 1/25"-1/50" (18-24 gauge) range.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#11 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 09:45 PM

Spheroid? Anyone care to explain? Also, Cx, excellent edit. I suppose the use of the word "penetration" just begged for that edit to be inserted. Best moment for me was shooting my sm1k at some football player in the chest at 20 feet and watching him fall on the ground shouting explicatives ^_^ .

~ompa

#12 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 10:16 PM

Get this: a few minutes before, I had pumped my sm1500 to maximum (I never pump more than 4-5 times). I went downstairs to grab something to eat, and went upstairs again. I put in a microstefan, then realize it's a crappy one. To get a stefan out, I pump lightly and press the trigger (repeat process) until the stefan comes out. So of course...I did a half-pump...and with my finger literally a few millimeters away...I pulled the trigger.

The body can produce some pretty strange colors on the finger...
Indiana '11

#13 Namm

Namm

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 12:29 AM

I personally feel the ear is the worst place to get shot, ever worse than the groin.(At least you have pants there.) The worst thing thats ever happened to me, in nerf, is that I've been hit with a brassed 5k at 20-30 feet, in the ear, I didnt get up for at least 5 minutes.

#14 Avatar of WoeBrian

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 01:11 AM

My friend said his stupid neighbor shot him in the back of the head with a brass 5k just to get his attention from a few feet away. He told me it hurt like a mother @#$%er....

Nazgul- Ouch..
AirApache-Green one of them?
Namm- Jeeze, That must suck...

#15 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 09:21 AM

I shot my self with my coppered sm5k 1cm away from my hand. . . ^_^ :w00t:

Wow, I think thats the first time (That I've seen) that you did'nt end your post with this... :lol:

#16 seirus

seirus

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 11:55 AM

Nested brass xbow from five feet away to the ear. Wah!
Yeah, life sucks, but it does guarantee a trip around the sun every 365 days.

#17 Tinkerer

Tinkerer

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 03:31 PM

at2k, 10 pumps, 2 inches from my arm

:cry: owie! :cry:
Actuall directions on some products:

On Pudding
"Product will be hot after heating"

On a Sweedish Chainsaw
"Do not try to stop with hands or genitals"
(Was alot of this happening somewhere? MY GOD!!)

#18 Nazgul Lord

Nazgul Lord

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 03:36 PM

I think you better re-check my post halfie. . heh heh heh :cry: :cry:
Nazgul Lord of the CFM

#19 Formerly Sane

Formerly Sane

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 05:39 PM

at2k, 10 pumps, 2 inches from my arm

:cry: owie! :cry:

Shouldn't you only pump a 2k 4-5 times? I'd think the tank would explode after ten.

My older brother used to think of nerf as still just little play toys, so I was aiming my BBB at a target on my door and for some reason he stuck his hand in front of the barrel to stop the dart just as I pulled the trigger. At least now he doesn't underestimate the power of my "toys".
NERF: www.CYCLONENERF.netfirms.com
FLASH: www.thinkhappy.netfirms.com
BAND: www.skwalrock.com

#20 Spectre2689

Spectre2689

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 05:46 PM

Ah, I remember being shot in the temple my BW's SM5k at about 3 inches away. I think it was only half-way full, but still. I was on the ground for a good three minutes there. Another time I was testing my 2k after doing a tank extension, and shot it off a wall. Needless to say, the wall had a nice dent in it, but that's not the bad part. The dart ricochet..ed..'d..whatever.. off the wall and nailed me in the neck. Jesus Hank Christ, did that ever suck...

[EDIT]

Shouldn't you only pump a 2k 4-5 times? I'd think the tank would explode after ten.

After I did my tank extension it took a good 7 pumps to even get decent pressure in it. It will take 10 pumps easy.

Edited by Spectre2689, 25 May 2004 - 05:48 PM.

Spectre of the CFM

#21 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 06:57 PM

Ah, I remember being shot in the temple my BW's SM5k at about 3 inches away. I think it was only half-way full, but still. I was on the ground for a good three minutes there. Another time I was testing my 2k after doing a tank extension, and shot it off a wall. Needless to say, the wall had a nice dent in it, but that's not the bad part. The dart ricochet..ed..'d..whatever.. off the wall and nailed me in the neck. Jesus Hank Christ, did that ever suck...

[EDIT]

After I did my tank extension it took a good 7 pumps to even get decent pressure in it. It will take 10 pumps easy.

And I must say, his mom wasn't impressed as it all went down infront of her.

Other than that unfortunate accident, Mike has shot me in the nads, many times, as a joke. I will never be the same. Oh, and I shot myself of 6 pumps with my SM5k in the forearm... bruised for a month.

If you would like a picture of my basement wall, I'd be glad to show you what target does to your surroundings... ouch.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#22 Nazgul Lord

Nazgul Lord

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 07:19 PM

BW, didnt you shoot Spectre in the head with you lnl on his birthday? :cry:
Nazgul Lord of the CFM

#23 blink 182

blink 182

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 07:21 PM

Good old 5k gave me that nice burse of my right shoulder. But the best shot was the maxshot that mike got in the nuts a MMNO. Dude you were on the floor for a good 3 minutes.
New Price On Freedom, Buy Into It While Supplies Last...

#24 Nazgul Lord

Nazgul Lord

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 07:24 PM

What the, when did he get shot in the nuts with a maxshot at MMNO? Meh, maybe he did but its still hilarious. Also didnt ryan shoot arjun like 1mm away from arjuns nuts?? :cry: :cry:

Edited by Nazgul_Lord, 25 May 2004 - 07:24 PM.

Nazgul Lord of the CFM

#25 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 07:40 PM

Good old 5k gave me that nice burse of my right shoulder. But the best shot was the maxshot that mike got in the nuts a MMNO. Dude you were on the floor for a good 3 minutes.

Sorry about that one, my good sir.

I have to disagree though... the best shot, in my opinion, is when Mike got his baggae 'pulsated' by Nazgul's RF20. 12 darts to the general pubic region... ouch. Now, that had him down for a good while, writhing in pain, screaming profanities. I love how Jeeves just popped out of the portable steps and nailed him...

I need MMNO 2.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users