Anyone?

63 replies to this topic

#1 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 10:59 PM

Hey guys!

I had alot of fun at VANS. I was wondering if you guys wanted to do it again, sometime before we all have our mixed schedules of summer vacation. Sometime in June, maybe? Sugest a date! I think Saturdays worked well, do you? We will make it go from 10:30 to.... 4... 5? What do you Vancouver boys think? I really loved Carisbrooke Park, but we could change it up a bit, too. Stefan, Zero, Jappo, Nello, Lord Dis... what dates are good for you guys?

Looking foward to more fun and whipping all your butts, even if I got hit in the face too many times for me to remember at VANS.

We also need a name. VANS will only be once a year, and I'm going to try to make the next one real formal and such. This one is to hold us off in case we don't have another one in the summer.

WHO'S UP FOR IT??

Hunter
Hunter
Organizer Vancouver Area Nerf Series

#2 Cadmond

Cadmond

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 12:22 AM

If you were to make it around the 12th, or 19th, I think I could make it up there. I'm visiting for the weekend a week or so after school's out.

I'll relay the actual date when I hear it.

Edit*
Eh, I get out on the 17th, so it's either the 19th, or the 26th that I'll be up there
Uncertainty still..

Edited by Cadmond, 16 May 2004 - 12:35 AM.

#3 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 08:25 AM

I still need a job, so I'm on bored... I mean board. Yeah.

Maybe this time I'll be able to hit the broad side of a minivan.

T'would be truly cool if you could make it out, Cads.
"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

#4 Nello

Nello

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 04:38 PM

I'd be up for it, but I would like to wait until school gets out because I'm rather tied up with it right now. June will definately be a busy month for me and I don't know whether or not I would have enough time to make it. My last day of classes is on June 15th. I'll hopefully be finished with exams by the 18th, but I can't guarantee that. I'd prefer the 26th because it gaurantees that I will not have any more exams. The only problem I may have with the 26th is that I have some tentative plans that would take priority over Nerf. (ie 4x4ing) I think we should do our best to accomadate Cadmond because it would be frantrabulous to have him there. I'll talk to Lord Dis about the war because he doesn't visit the forums too frequently.

PS Any word on when the VANS pictures will be up?
"The older you get the more and more like yourself you become." D. Krell

#5 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 08:51 PM

I sent them in. I'm waiting for "Julie Shen".....

Cxwq should get to me soon.

I would also like to include Zero, and Stefan.

Edited by Hunter, 16 May 2004 - 08:51 PM.

Hunter

#6 Cadmond

Cadmond

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 10:50 PM

Um, 19th confirmed is when I have the ability to go up there, whatever that means.

#7 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 12:40 PM

Nello, I will call you to check out dates with you and your "possy." Heh. Otherwise, everyone please just post dates they can and can not attend. This will help greatly.
Right now, the 19th sounds... ok....? Nello, one day after your exams.... may have to check about that. We could do 26th, which is still great, but I don't want to lose Nello and his "possy" to 4x4in'.

Cxwq has contacted me via the VANS pictures. He will give me a link, where I will have to make up quotes for the pictures. I may share the link with a sacred few of you, so be on the lookout for my PMs.

Edited by Hunter, 22 May 2004 - 12:52 PM.

Hunter

#8 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 09:19 PM

I need to do a commencement speech on the 19th, starting at about 19:00, so I'll need to head out "early" again (around 16:00 or so should suffice), regrettably, but I do think we should hold the war this day to accomodate Cadmond. I'm going to retry my other connections, and will meanwhile see about who else I can get to come... I may be able to draw some irregulars if I advertise it properly to a youth group or two. Only problem is a possible draw of cheaters, but I'm quite sure I can avoid this... And if all else fails, we can just have the ammo collectors monitor play.

I'll definitely have more darts this time... I had around 7 darts by the end... No good for my "fire and forget" play style. I'll also bring a small load of micro stefans and mega stefans, just in case. If anyone needs more 1/2" FBR, just tell me before the war, I'll sell it at base price. Could I also get an ID rating for your 1/2" PVC, Hunter? I'm currently under the hope it's 5/8" exactly, because such a match would help out my projects quite a bit.

Also, how many from last time are able to come out? If we had the same 10-person dynamic going, in addition to Cadmond + one, and a likely possible of + three out of me, we could have a... Slightly larger war! :lol:
Those kinds of numbers would allow a decent three-team game, though, which could be cool.

One last note in the fragmented mass: Contacted Stefan yet, Hunter? Also:
Raiden
Waspy
Gaebo
Richard Vinning (???)
Fire_brian Burke

I've contacted Gaebo and a few others so far, we'll see where we get this time. I can't remember if "Lord Dis" was there or not... I can only remember laughing at his screen name in his absence. :o
- Death

#9 Cadmond

Cadmond

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 01:19 AM

Who am I bringing?

What the...

Anyways, Sunday is possible for me, but church, and whatever might be interferring. Not sure.

And if anyone wants to give me complete directions from The Sheraton Hotel in Surrey (Guildford or something) that'd be awesome. To Carisbrooke park*

If I was rich, I'd make a big contraption to make 50 darts at once.. it'd be brilliant..
but because I'm not, could someone also tell me the "expected" length of this war? Just a guess. Need to know the supply requirements.

Edited by Cadmond, 23 May 2004 - 01:20 AM.

#10 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 11:37 AM

Vancouver Area Nerf Series is BACK!

Back into high speed of organizing. So agonizing, yet so rewarding.

Looks like we will try the 19th. I need confirmations or if not, additional dates you may be able to attend.

I sent the link to the pictures to a sacred few of you. Please pm or email me what you think would be good quotes. I would like to announce that once the quotes are in, the VANS pictures will become a permanent addition to the NH gallery!

I was thinking from about 10-4or5. This sound ok?
Bring all of your guns for lending, trading, showing off, ect. Bring money for a lunch and buying/selling. Please bring a beverage for yourself and a small snack. Bring some materials, basic tools, ect. Mandatory eyewear, sunglasses is fine. If you forget I will make you wear a swimming mask. Bring your homemades, although thier usage will be tentative. I'll try to take a ton of pictures again.

Meet at the top of the park where there are a few parking spaces and a big plaque, memorial, info thing. Also, if it is pouring rain in North Van, it is cancelled. I also am bringing big industrial crate boxes (again) for cover, making a fort for a game of Raid... whatever. Tell your friends!

I need confirmations.
Confirmed
Hunter
Turtle
~~steelsoul~~
Zero (+3?)
Cadmond
Jappo (+?)
Nello (+?)
Pending
Raiden
Unconfirmed
Waspy
Gaebo
Fire_brian Burke
Lord Dis

Stefan (No, maybe another time...)

I hope these directions will work. Wait, wait. You guys still want Carisbrooke park one more time before we change it up a bit? I need input.
Carisbrooke - Mapquest

I am currently making a ton of darts out of that 1/2" FBR, so we shouldn't be short on that. Also, I have added a copper barrel First Shot and a Brass Max Shot a la Cxwq. What about you guys? Anything new?

Zero, it is 1/2" CPVC SCH 40 Conduit form Home Depot, sold by 10'.

Sum it up:
Vancouver Area Nerf Series
Saturday, June 19th.
10 to 4 or 5 ish.
Carisbrooke park in North Vancouver (this ok, I liked it.)
Email, PM, or post here if interested.
My Phone Number upon request.

Edited by Hunter, 03 June 2004 - 08:39 PM.

Hunter

#11 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 04:22 PM

Let's just change the meaninig of the accronym... Vancouver Area Nerf Series (I think someone suggested this last time, and given the repetition, I'd say it's quite fitting).
The +3 is still in the works.
- Death

#12 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 07:32 PM

^_^

I work full days Friday through Monday. Midweek probably doesn't work for anybody.
However, I do finish at 6:00 so if you guys planned to stick around towards the evening I could pop by and say hi.
But like I said before, don't plan around me. :wacko: Weekends get really crazy around the store and sometimes I can't get out of there until 6:30 or later.
I like my women like I like my coffee...
Ground up and in the freezer.

#13 Jappo

Jappo

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 08:42 PM

I think I may just be able to come. I will keep that date open. sorry for not responding sooner I kinda just lost track, and my hard drive broke, and blah blah blah. Do you still need me to ID the pics Hunter?
"When life gives you lemons, you squish those lemons into the eyes of your enemies." - Jappo

#14 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 11:31 PM

Yes. Mostly just names to faces on that one group picture.

Nello, still waiting a response. Jappo, mark the date down, looks like it will be a good one so far. How many guests, people?

Edited by Hunter, 28 May 2004 - 06:54 PM.

Hunter

#15 Jappo

Jappo

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 12:12 AM

I may have to decline due to pending exams, although I only have two, they most likely are going to be the hardest of my year. I will try to keep you guys posted on if I will be able to come or not.
"When life gives you lemons, you squish those lemons into the eyes of your enemies." - Jappo

#16 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 01:30 PM

Ack!

Well, I think I'm just going to call everyone now. I would also like to note that if only a sacred few of you can come, another location is possible. My dad has a wearhouse available for us, although we can't have more than (approx) 8 people.

That's it, I'm just calling people.

Upset and Stressed,
Hunter

EDIT: Also, Zero, I love that 1/2" FBR you gave me. If you buy me another roll of it I will buy it off you at retail price, that ok?

Vancouver boys, are we out of PETG? Please post if anyone has any left, if not I will take orders from you guys and then talk to Iron Rhino. I need this information quickly as VANS is only 20ish days away.

Also, we need to organize this whole "clan" thing. Right now according to the Big List of Nerfer on NHQ, Jappo is in his own clan called VAN.... right.... We got to organize this. Oh, Zero could make a fancy webpage! Our clan could have all of Zero's stuff and Stefan's darts and oh it would be so cool. EEEEEEE!

Edited by Hunter, 31 May 2004 - 01:47 PM.

Hunter

#17 steelsoul

steelsoul

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 01:52 PM

a bit happy there eh hunter?! anywho could some bring like 7' oh PETG for me ill pay back the money I just need it for my air tech 4000 (yay hehe). And if any one needs 1/2" fbr (foam backer rod) just PM me and ill get some.
If the world was as dark as my mind I would be the only hope for survival.

#18 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 01:54 PM

Steel, I don't like YOUR FBR, only Mike's, heh. Also, what do you don't need 7'! I would make the barrel 4.5"-5" and with 12 barrels it's 5'. Alright, one order of 7' (looks like I'm going for the 24' for $24)
Hunter

#19 Nello

Nello

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 01:55 PM

Hunter: I sent you a PM with a full list of names of people in the group photo a few weeks ago.
I am in the same boat as Jappo on this. I have pending exams around that date. I'll try to come.
I doubt I'll be able to bring lots of friends this time because most of them will also have exams around war time.
Zero Talent: Lord Dis came to the war around lunch last time.
I'm still definately interested in that Night Finder you have.
All: I have approx. 8 feet of PETG left and I will be selling some of it at VANS if I am able to attend.
"The older you get the more and more like yourself you become." D. Krell

#20 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 02:08 PM

Photos should be up soon, waiting on Cxwq. No need to push him and remind him, he probably has alot to do.
8' PETG sounds good. I think I will still order more and help supply the good people of the Vancouver area, though.
Also, any new guns to the arsenals, boys? I got a First Shot and a Cxwq Brass modded Max Shot.
Additionally, I have been calling around stores for Nerf guns. Most stores seem to carry X-Treme Air (Lanard) but none carry Nerf. If anyone has access to guns, please post them here. I am very interested in expanding my aresenal a bit.

I have access to the whole Lanard line at a local Sears. I'll take orders now, if someone wants something. I can buy it and sell it to you at the war. Max, First, Triple Shot, Blast Bazooka...

EDIT: Vancouverites, I would like to introduce Turtle and Steel Soul, who were my guests at VANS. Steel Soul, please note that since you did not have an account when we were quoting the pictures, your name will appear.

Edited by Hunter, 31 May 2004 - 02:11 PM.

Hunter

#21 Cadmond

Cadmond

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 03:32 PM

I need help from the Kanadians..

Ok, so I just got back from a trip. During the trip, I was in New Westminster for a parade, and then Gastown in Vancouver. I rode the skytrain from westminster to gastown*

So, is it the same thing, if I'm coming from surrey? Do I just ride it to gastown? And then wander around for the seabus (what the hell IS the seabus? A bus that goes underwater? Over water? Explain the Kanadian logic if you could)

I was down there, in some vintage toy shop, and they had a few nerf guns, few old ones at that. I didn't buy anyone, but apparently, there is a small source for such things.

Lastly, I hear I have to ride the seabus the full way. And then.. walk? It'd really help if I could get some inside help planning this trip, because it seems perilous so far.

#22 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 03:46 PM

I need help from the Kanadians..

Ok, so I just got back from a trip. During the trip, I was in New Westminster for a parade, and then Gastown in Vancouver. I rode the skytrain from westminster to gastown*

So, is it the same thing, if I'm coming from surrey? Do I just ride it to gastown? And then wander around for the seabus (what the hell IS the seabus? A bus that goes underwater? Over water? Explain the Kanadian logic if you could)

I was down there, in some vintage toy shop, and they had a few nerf guns, few old ones at that. I didn't buy anyone, but apparently, there is a small source for such things.

Lastly, I hear I have to ride the seabus the full way. And then.. walk? It'd really help if I could get some inside help planning this trip, because it seems perilous so far.

The SeaBus is an amphibious bus. It travels over water like a boat, and drives normally on land. It's so James Bond it isn't funny. If only the wheels flipped out into propellers...

We have tons in Toronto, they are mostly for tourism out on Lake Ontario.

Edited by Xx_Black-Wrath_xX, 31 May 2004 - 03:47 PM.

Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#23 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 04:12 PM

Screw it, I'll just pick you up on my way in, Cads. I'll even follow the bus routes, just to show you what you could have done. ;)

Just be ready at 09:30 and all will go smoothly. You'll just have to endure the awful inside jokes of my friends and I... Or just I. Either way will be scarring, to be sure. :lol:

Website, website... I'd suggest Web1000 as a preliminary server, until someone gets a better deal going. I'm a bit worried about "foreign" traffic, considering that they warn that they occasionally 404-redirect such traffic (really lame, but I haven't had any complaints thus far). But the Ad-free, no cost nature of the site, with a relatively fast FTP service would be handy to our collaborative purposes. Besides, I figure it could be useful to host a wad of information:

+ Upcoming War Information (plus links to forum mirrors)
+ "Clan" members [Pic, name, screenname, description, setup, arsenal [pics:limited], projects, personal links]
+ MIA ("If you are one of these people, contact at us at [e-mail], before we find you.")
+ Battlefields (Including a big map pointing to Vancouver from a continental view, just in case)
+ Past Wars (Logs/Pictures)
+ Local Nerf Gun Retailers (exact location and name, list of guns and prices, updated whenever someone eyes the shelf)
+ Up for Trade (Name, contact, gun [pic optional], description, price, barter options)
+ Special Thanks (A place to thank Hunter's dad for his help last war, may grow in the future. Hunter's mom would have been up there if she had brought Mike cake/brownies. But it's too late for that now. ^_^)
+ Something else... We'll see what that is as time trudges.

Keep it open to any of the regulars (Whoever we can trust to not blow up the server, or turn it into a Blog overnight), and we could have a fun little communications device. Who of you Vancouver kids know HTML/Javascript/webshit?
- Death

#24 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 06:00 PM

I know HTML, and by the way, I did bring brownies and cake, you didn't have any?

Cadmond, try to get a ride from Mike, however scary that may be. Also, do you know the name of that toy shop? I'm getting desperate for new guns.

Oh, and the Seabus doesn't go on land. The seabus is a passenger boat owned and opperated by Translink.

If I make the site, what should it be called? Clan name? Anyone?

Edited by Hunter, 31 May 2004 - 06:07 PM.

Hunter

#25 Jappo

Jappo

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 12:52 AM

Heh clan... :(
Well I was just throwing it out there, just because I think a Vancouver Clan is badly needed; to get rid of the tarnished image of Canada and such. I think my English Exam may be before the weekend and I'm unsure of my Bio exam, but Bio doesn't really count. I really hope I will be able to make it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users