Photo

NE Minneapolis MN War

33 replies to this topic

#1 arfink

arfink

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 03:57 PM

I haven't really hosted a real war before, just a wintertime flop, but I'm willing to give it a go in September. The park I'm interested in is called Lomianki Park in Columbia Heights. It's very close to my place.

http://maps.google.c...rXGAoKINKrJ4dwO

I'm thinking of doing this sooner in the month to possibly leave room for a second war in September at the usual Highland location. Dates that could work for me might include Sunday Sept. 11th, Saturday the 17th or Sunday the 18th.

The park is not particularly large, but is arranged nicely for most of the game types we like and has plenty of trees (and a baseball backstop) around an open grassy area. I'm thinking it would be a particularly nice setup for a traditional two-flag CTF. Velveeta and SonReese have seen the park too and may be able to provide a little bit of input in that regard. The park is kinda small and unpopular because of it's location near the rail yard, so we'd have the place to ourselves. If for some odd reason a huge number of people show up we can move a few blocks up the road to Huset park, which is a gigantic park we should certainly be able to find space in.

Anyone interested?
A2GS + 4 meg RAM + 128 meg CF + 9600 Baud Lantronix = WIN

#2 arfink

arfink

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:36 PM

What, nobody? Darn.

#3 Archangel45

Archangel45

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:45 AM

What, nobody? Darn.

well idk how warm the weather will stay- we had already had talk of another war durning sept- the details hadnt been worked out yet. as for winter flops- next time im at work i will se about getting us an inside area where we can war. probly in a warehouse.
"He who is made of air should not acuse the wind."

#4 BOSS9

BOSS9

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:16 PM

This one may be difficult for me to get there (due to distance), but I would make a valiant effort. Also, I really want to have at least one outdoor war this winter, cold only adds to the experience. I will always be down for wars, as long as I can get to them (distance), and will help make wars not flops.

Edited by BOSS9, 01 September 2011 - 11:13 PM.

#5 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 01:37 PM

I'll be pretty free most of September, so any of those days should work.
"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#6 Wolf18

Wolf18

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:49 PM

Im game

#7 Eik

Eik

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:42 PM

I'm interested.
Since this won't be all the way in St. Paul it'll be much more reachable for me & my gang.

#8 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:45 PM

I'm most likely down. I'd prefer the latter date, but we could organize a mod party for the earlier date perhaps. I'd prefer a more centralized location, but since I have to drive at least ~20 Miles no matter what, it doesn't make a huge personal difference if I need to drive a bit farther. One thing I like about Highland is how it's close enough for a number of people to bike or walk to. I definitely do feel the need to try out a new location, so I'm pleased that you took some initiative. It's also nice to know that someone else is willing to host wars besides myself and SonReeceSonJensen.

Edit: I just noticed the scathing review you posted for the park; awesome way to deter people!

Edited by venom213, 30 August 2011 - 09:48 PM.

#9 wired445

wired445

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:36 PM

Hmmmm... Don't know if I could make it. That's like 45min away from me. I may be able to come though?

#10 arfink

arfink

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:10 PM

OK, so let's go with the later date for the war then. Sunday or Saturday? I kinda like Sundays, I have some friends who'd be able to make it on the 18th. What do you guys think?

Also, mod party on the 11th would be cool, but I can't host it.

#11 BOSS9

BOSS9

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:53 PM

OK, so let's go with the later date for the war then. Sunday or Saturday? I kinda like Sundays, I have some friends who'd be able to make it on the 18th. What do you guys think?

Also, mod party on the 11th would be cool, but I can't host it.

I prefer Saturdays. I might not be able to come if it's Sunday. Also, we should add some more round types to the ol' arsenal. Last war got a bit repetitive.

#12 arfink

arfink

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:42 AM

Agreed. I love to shake things up. Perhaps a bolo-based game will be in order. :)

#13 arfink

arfink

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:47 PM

OK, I'll make this official.

Sunday Sept. 18th at Lomianki Park.

Bring people, water, blasters, more blasters, backup blasters, and lots of darts.

Slugs, stock darts, arrows, vortex disks, balls, and both mega and mongo bolos are allowed. Other darts may be allowed on a case-by-case basis.

I will not allow the use of the following blasters, period: Singled Titans, Singled Pulse Strikes, or Plugged 4Bs/UMBs.
If I receive complaints about overpowered blasters I may ask you to use a different blaster. This means that if I don't catch it, please inform me. We don't want a repeat of "annoying-titan-kid."

SonReese- Will you bring mobstacles and cones please?

Also, since I missed territories and mario kart it would be great if someone could fill me in on how those work so I can get supplies. I understand Mario Kart was the favorite of the day 2 wars ago.

EDIT: Oh yes, and a time. Lets start at 9AM like usual.

Edited by arfink, 07 September 2011 - 12:47 PM.

#14 arfink

arfink

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:28 PM

OK, I'm going to try and get some supplies for the war here. Since SonReese isn't coming and I wont have time, I won't be making mobstacles of my own. I do have a kiddy pool for defend the core, and I'm looking for something to replace the snowman for capture the princess. Wait, whose snowman is that anyways? SonReese's? If I can't find a suitably large and bulky "princess" replacement I may just have to use my new game variation that involves a large number of rubber chickens / old stuffed animals and a kiddy pool. The game shall be called "Nerf Herder" and should be alot of fun.

#15 Archangel45

Archangel45

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:07 PM

OK, I'm going to try and get some supplies for the war here. Since SonReese isn't coming and I wont have time, I won't be making mobstacles of my own. I do have a kiddy pool for defend the core, and I'm looking for something to replace the snowman for capture the princess. Wait, whose snowman is that anyways? SonReese's? If I can't find a suitably large and bulky "princess" replacement I may just have to use my new game variation that involves a large number of rubber chickens / old stuffed animals and a kiddy pool. The game shall be called "Nerf Herder" and should be alot of fun.

Noah messaged me and said that if he comes to the war we can use his large stuffed bannana for a flag- however he isn't sure if he can show or not...... idk- just forwarding the message. also sounds intresting- however rubber chickens are dangerous.

#16 arfink

arfink

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:42 AM

rubber chickens are dangerous.

Say what now?

Whatever, I have a gigantic old plastic garbage bin filled to the brim with old stuffed animals for playing Nerf Herder. No chickens shall be harmed. :)

#17 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 12:17 PM

I have a gigantic old plastic garbage bin filled to the brim with old stuffed animals for playing Nerf Herder. No chickens shall be harmed. :)

!?!?!?!

I LOVE IT!!!
The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#18 BOSS9

BOSS9

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:30 PM

OK, I'm for sure coming with my sister, and maybe another friend. pumped, but I won't really have time to do war prep, most importantly I'll be running on reserve darts. Will the community dart stash make an appearance?

Edited by BOSS9, 14 September 2011 - 09:30 PM.

#19 arfink

arfink

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:32 PM

I think that's a SonReese speciality. Hopefully people can share. I'll be making lots of extras for family/friends who will be coming. We'll see what happens.

Also, I'm hoping to have the time to make a few more of the JSPB/3DBBQ type blasters like mine, which some people saw at SPANO II. My friends will be using these during the war, but will probably be available for trading or sale afterwards. They are very powerful and versatile blasters, and virtually impossible to break. They make excellent loaners.

#20 Archangel45

Archangel45

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:16 PM

Say what now?

Whatever, I have a gigantic old plastic garbage bin filled to the brim with old stuffed animals for playing Nerf Herder. No chickens shall be harmed. :)

im not worried about the chickens. you ever been hit in the face with a rubber chicken?

OK, I'm for sure coming with my sister, and maybe another friend. pumped, but I won't really have time to do war prep, most importantly I'll be running on reserve darts. Will the community dart stash make an appearance?

BRING MORE CHICKS. Hey know any 17+?

#21 BOSS9

BOSS9

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:31 PM

BRING MORE CHICKS. Hey know any 17+?

She's 22. Try something. I dare you. I can't think of a situation that wouldn't involve 1/4 slingshot darts and a Big Blast barrel up your butt.

On a lighter note, If anyone has medium-wall (common airgun stuff) PETG that I could buy (at least 4ft., preferably 6), that'd be swell. Also, this is mostly directed towards Venom- I'd like to purchase a stock (unplugged) titan pump, and I guess the gauge too if available. And heavy duty built-in-hinge clothespins too, like 3 (I've looked everywhere...).

Does anyone have nametags? Probably not necessary with a small war, but I still don't know most people's names.

As of now I'll be there with my sister and Kathleen.

#22 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:15 PM

BOSS9: I'll hook you up.

Good thing this war is on Sunday. I was checking the thread earlier and was concerned, as I thought this was happening tomorrow. I should be there, and I'll bring my bag of 100 Balls and several buckets for Carpe.

Also, PLEASE keep sexual harassment to a minimum at these. It's just uncomfortable for all parties....

Edited by venom213, 16 September 2011 - 06:26 PM.

#23 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:28 PM

Also, PLEASE keep sexual harassment to a minimum at these. It's just uncomfortable for all parties....

Hopefully people bring extra lube in case it gets too uncomfortable. Be careful not to set it next too the goop though, in the heat of the moment people sometimes forget to check the label!

#24 BOSS9

BOSS9

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:41 PM

I'll hook you up.

Schweet, thanks. Decide pricing at the war?

Hopefully people bring extra lube in case it gets too uncomfortable. Be careful not to set it next too the goop though, in the heat of the moment people sometimes forget to check the label!

What's that? I should plug my big blast too?

#25 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:14 AM

What's that? I should plug my big blast too?

I only practice safe nerf!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users