Here's the Sneak Shot I was lucky enough to find while thrift shopping. It's a little banged up and it's missing the priming handle. It's slightly melted on the other side and all of it's detachable accessories are missing.
** Edit - My goal for this blaster was to 'enhance' the originally designed function(s). In this case, it's the ability to shoot around corners. I've seen other SneakShot mods that take away this ability, creating a straight plunger tube to barrel set up. If I wanted to do that I'd modify a NiteFinder or an Element/DiskShot....wait a minute... Sure the priming method is different (as you'll see) but the end result and specific function is held intact. **
Here are the basics of what I used:
Sacrificial Switch Shot
5/8" rubber leg tip
1/2" CPVC and coupler
7/16" vinyl tubing
...and a 20oz. (60 ml) syringe!
Let's open her up.
Exploded even MORE!
I dealt with the muzzle first. I cut it up so I could add a piece of 1/2" CPVC.
Here's what it looks like from the back.
For the other half of the muzzle, I gooped in a piece 7/16" vinyl tubing into a piece of 1/2" CPVC and nest the whole thing into a 1/2" CPVC coupler. I used a Dremel to accommodate the whole thing. You can see the difference on the half on the right.
Using Jerm's idea for the priming handle, I secured the two together using a discarded air restrictor post. I knew I could find a use for them! Haha! I used super glue to make sure they would stay in place.
Next, I cut the rubber leg tip just below the line.
Gooped it to the original plunger head skirt seal. And what'ya know. It fit perfectly!
A bit of shell modification:
Widened the front whole
Created the slot in the back for the new priming handle
and widened the plunger tube supports to fit the new syringe plunger tube.
...Now let's fit all that stuff back in.
...a closer look. 1/4" wider than the original plunger tube and an added 3/4" length in draw! I also added a Triple Shot spring... and of course, the seal is 100%.
...dramatic front view
...dramatic back view
All closed up. Looks pretty stock except for the new priming handle in the back.
...couplered to use different 1/2"-ish barrels.
Ranges are a surprising 70' to 75' flat (hot glue domed beige foam in 4" ploy-carbonate barrel). Even with the barrel turned 90 degrees. I was surprised! I was only expecting 50' maybe 60'.
Operation No. 2 coming soon; The Augmentation!
My Sneak Shot gets some air!
Edited by makeitgo, 02 June 2011 - 09:22 PM.