will it prevent or delay damage?

5 replies to this topic

#1 spacephrawg

spacephrawg

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • State:Massachusetts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:28 AM

Will reinforcement and possibly padding as well delay or prevent damage to the reverse plunger, assuming other mods are made as well such as spring replacement, AR removal, and anything else that would give it more power?

I'd rather go the above route than spend the 50 on a Black Tactical aluminum plunger only because of cost. If the reinforcement is a permanent fix, I'll do that. Note: i might be including a powerstock on this thing too (its an Alpha Trooper.)

disclaimers:

the Alpha Trooper is as yet unmodified.

I know Nerf Haven frowns on armature threads but I haven't been able to find an answer to this particular set of questions anywhere so I figured it was safe to ask. I hope the mods agree.

Secondary question: over on Oznerf, they recommend the use of a 3day epoxy for gluing washers onto plunger tubes. I have 24hr 2ton epoxy. Would that be strong enough?

Thanks very much.

#2 yksnerf

yksnerf

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:00 AM

Yes, foam padding would prevent it, unless you like to spend your free time dry-firing your AT. As for the epoxy, I can't see that much stress being put on the adhesive holding the washer to the PT, so you should be fine.

~yksnerf
I'm a regular member!

#3 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:56 PM

Will reinforcement and possibly padding as well delay or prevent damage to the reverse plunger.

I'd rather go the above route than spend the 50 on a Black Tactical aluminum

I know Nerf Haven frowns on armature threads but I haven't been able to find an answer

Secondary question: over on Oznerf, they recommend the use of a 3day epoxy for gluing washers

Yes. Do it. FML. ALWAYS use epox when you have the means.
The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#4 spacephrawg

spacephrawg

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • State:Massachusetts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:58 PM

Yes. Do it. FML. ALWAYS use epox when you have the means.

3day or will 1day epox be ok?

meanwhile I just asked someone on facebook these same questions and he says reinforcement would only delay the destruction. What are your opinions on that?

Meanwhile, I have a somewhat retarded question but I haven't been able to find satisfactory answers to it anywhere: what other large spring powered nerf guns exist that have a normal plunger system like the Longshot does?

Thanks again!

Edited by spacephrawg, 01 June 2011 - 05:03 PM.

#5 idleninja

idleninja

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:07 PM

meanwhile I just asked someone on facebook these same questions and he says reinforcement would only delay the destruction. What are your opinions on that?

Meanwhile, I have a somewhat retarded question but I haven't been able to find satisfactory answers to it anywhere: what other large spring powered nerf guns exist that have a normal plunger system like the Longshot does?

Thanks again!

1 day epox should be fine, but let it cure longer than 24 hours just to be safe.

Nerf guns are made of plastic, they will break eventually. Definitely reinforce it. Because if you DON'T reinforce it it will break, especially if you do any mods to your AT.

The Big Bad Bow is another spring-powered Nerf gun with a normal plunger setup. When modded correctly it can get 80' singled.
Sig?

#6 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:00 PM

Thanks again!

Some nay-sayers will say it does nothing, or very little. I have had a VERY mildly modded Recon destroy the PT after less than 50 shots----and conversly had my completely overhauled Deploy with RFSG spring make it through two wars without an issue after performing the reinforcement. If you still doubt, you could always contact Louie for a unbreakable L/R PT. I tried to break one for testing purposes by using a RFSG spring AND preload spacer in my "Ratchet" Deploy.....it survived.

Edited by NerfRogue83, 01 June 2011 - 09:01 PM.

IRC chat: louiec3-- he offered $500 for someone to build a bomb he could send to his ex wife
Rknight-- wow......N9---your dad is in trouble now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users