Johnny Chan strikes back! - May 21st

73 replies to this topic

#26 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 01:33 AM

Alright, looks like we're going with May 21st. Less than a month away!

#27 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:33 AM

That's my daughter's birthday, so it's pretty likely I'm out.

This hasn't been a good spring for getting to nerf. Hopefully summer changes things.

EDIT: Just noticed the possibility of the two dates. The 21st is bad, the 4th has possibility. I'll post for sure later.

Edited by Carbon, 25 April 2011 - 02:16 PM.

Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#28 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:37 PM

Unfortunately, neither date works for me. Guess that means not Cata for Ambience...

Hope you guys have a blast - and hopefully I can still get up that way for a war some time this summer.
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#29 knexpert66

knexpert66

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:30 PM

Oh yeah, if it is possible, I'd like to buy a stock longshot, no front gun. Color doesn't matter. And are hot glue modded streamlines allowed?

Edited by knexpert66, 26 April 2011 - 09:38 PM.

Please, call me Busted.

#30 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:49 PM

Oh yeah, if it is possible, I'd like to buy a stock longshot, no front gun. Color doesn't matter. And are hot glue modded streamlines allowed?

No modified stock ammo is allowed.

#31 AcepilotZero

AcepilotZero

Scoggins

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:06 PM

I can make it on the 21st. Either way makes my schedule easier for the next few months.
Lord of the flywheels.

#32 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 03:15 PM

Final location is announced. Details in first post.

County Highway 1 (W Fox Rd.)
Yorkville, IL
GPS coordinates:
41.624088,-88.493586

#33 KaneTheMediocre

KaneTheMediocre

Belligerent Asshole

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:44 PM

Miscellaneous things about this warpost to-be-fixed:

cat·a·clysm
n.
1. A violent upheaval that causes great destruction or brings about a fundamental change.
2. A violent and sudden change in the earth's crust.

Don't need to define this for people. It's a nerf war. I don't care if they think that a cataclysm is a type of serbian dinner salad.

Arrive at no later than 11:45 AM. First round start at 12:00 PM.

People can show up late. However, don't expect us to stop what we're doing to get you in the game right away--we play long rounds.

What to bring:
-At least two primaries, one to use, and an extra if that one breaks.
-Darts (slugs or stock ammo only) Hot pink foam for sale before or at the war.
-A friend, or several.
-Eye Protection, if you're not wearing any, you don't play
-Lunch and water. We will not be taking a break to eat. Make sure you bring food to munch on, and/or eat before you show up.
-Proper attire. I don't want to see some douche bags showing up in camouflage or I will personally beat you down and tell you to leave. Dress appropriately.

Any non-nerfers trying this out don't need to worry about bringing any nerf-gear. Everyone always brings more stuff than they need, and most are willing to lend it out IF YOU ASK NICELY PRIOR TO PICKING IT UP AND PLAYING WITH IT. Also, I don't give a fuck if you show up in camo, you're not going to be any harder to see. Also, lunch would best be brought in your stomach(war starts at 12:00) , water and snacks brought in a bag, box, or containment device of your choosing.

What not to bring:
-Slingshot weighted darts, glue domes, unpadded ammunition, homemade darts weighing over 0.9 grams. Darts will be tested if needed.

-Pump plugged blasters with airtanks larger than a Mega Missile. You must have a working OPRV otherwise. I would field check these on yourself if I need to.

-Short, fat dudes, that run like fairies, who go by the name of "Snake" and molest children.

1. I think we can allow darts up to 1.1 grams. Slugs with #8s will often break 1g, and a lot of people still have them in their dart stash--We should all use #6s, but #8s aren't the end of the world.

2. We should field check EVERY airgun for an OPRV. Any unreasonably powerful blaster is likely to be banned, whatever the power source

3. We don't know anyone by that description. The only guy that runs like a fairy, molests children, and goes by the name "Snake" is taller than you. Anyways, I think we should wait until he violates the "douchebag" rule (including sexual harassment) before kicking him out.

-Melee weapons will be allowed all gametypes except for Carpe and Defend the Core. Oversized melee shit will be banned. Use common sense, this is a Nerf war.
-Please refrain from yelling obscenities.
-Do not pick up or move mobstacles during a round.

Shield Rules:

Melee = 3 sq/ft
Single shot pistol, ranges < 50' - 2 sq/ft
Anything else, ranges < 50' - 1 sq/ft
Blasters shooting over 50' will not be allowed to use a shield.

Ammo larger than the equivalent of three micro darts will take out a person if it hits their shield, blaster, body, or melee weapon.

Shields can be made from whatever as long as it's soft; cardboard should be reinforced with duct tape.

1. I believe melee will be allowed in all gametypes
2. Occasionally obscenities is acceptable. I'd never make it through a war otherwise.
3. Just to be clear, going INSIDE a mobstacle pretty much requires moving it. So don't do that.
4. If you have a shield that doesn't fit in those rules, bring it anyway and ask us about it. We might want to use them for special gametypes.
RAINBOW CLAN FTW
I'm Purple

My Half-Baked MHA Site

#34 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:45 PM

Miscellaneous things about this warpost to-be-fixed: WHOA TEXT ALL UP EVERYWHERE

You're just jealous that Ryan is a Nerf Hero and you're... a Nerf ZERO.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#35 Evilbob

Evilbob

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 04:39 PM

Put me as a mabey.
Clan A.D.D

#36 Noodleownz

Noodleownz

Self-Fondler

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:57 PM

If anyone cares, or if we are taking "dibs" on colors, me and Brik's darts will have yellow backs.

Edited by Noodleownz, 06 May 2011 - 10:58 PM.

It's Nerf or Nothin'!

#37 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:58 PM

Only a week and a half away, let's start getting some confirmations.

#38 Noodleownz

Noodleownz

Self-Fondler

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:25 PM

If anyone cares, or if we are taking "dibs" on colors, me and Brik's darts will have yellow backs.

Scratch that. Kane is sending me materials to make slugs. I plan (will try my best) on making 1000 +/- (more or less).

Edited by Noodleownz, 10 May 2011 - 10:08 PM.

It's Nerf or Nothin'!

#39 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:20 PM

Well, I'll hopefully know tomorrow if I'm coming. It depends on if BrokenSVT or my friend are coming, and if we come we're picking up wicket on the way.

#40 knexpert66

knexpert66

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:59 PM

I also have a friend that may or may not come. We're still tring to plan things out.
Please, call me Busted.

#41 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:56 PM

Looks like I'll be coming with Stark and atomatron. No better way to kick off the summer then road-tripping to a giant nerf war.
"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#42 knexpert66

knexpert66

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:30 PM

Is the area we're nerfing in a park or something? Because I don't have a GPS and we're using Mapquest.

Edited by knexpert66, 13 May 2011 - 10:30 PM.

Please, call me Busted.

#43 Demon Lord

Demon Lord

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:52 PM

Is the area we're nerfing in a park or something? Because I don't have a GPS and we're using Mapquest.

Toss the coordinates into Google Maps and it will kick out an address for MapQuest or GPS units that can't take straight coordinates.
QUOTE(VACC @ Mar 7 2011, 09:03 AM) View Post

Don't worry so much about what other people will allow. Throw your own wars and kick your friends' asses until they all want one.

#44 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:48 AM

41.624088,-88.493586

Put that in Google and it should take you exactly there. The location is at a half vacant lot in the middle of nowhere. Just look for cars and crazy mobstacles and you should see us. Everyone can park off the side of the road on the shoulder.

Edited by Ryan201821, 14 May 2011 - 12:49 AM.

#45 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 04:44 AM

What's the ruling on Klaw Hatchets here? They're ridiculously fun to throw, and also ridiculously useless, because their paths are heavily influenced by wind. I'll bring the one I have next week to your place, Ryan, so you and Kane can get a look, but I'd prefer not to pack it if I don't have to.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#46 knexpert66

knexpert66

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:51 AM

41.624088,-88.493586

Put that in Google and it should take you exactly there. The location is at a half vacant lot in the middle of nowhere. Just look for cars and crazy mobstacles and you should see us. Everyone can park off the side of the road on the shoulder.

Ok, thanks.
Please, call me Busted.

#47 Demon Lord

Demon Lord

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:59 PM

Just a heads up, I'm going to have a bunch of darts with me, so if someone is running short (after making their own darts) they can borrow some from me.
QUOTE(VACC @ Mar 7 2011, 09:03 AM) View Post

Don't worry so much about what other people will allow. Throw your own wars and kick your friends' asses until they all want one.

#48 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:02 PM

It's not looking good for me since my friend backed out. It'll get pricey, and I honestly don't think it'll be worth it for me at this time.

#49 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:11 PM

Another bump... It looks like BrokenSVT and I will be making it afterall. Getting the oil changed and tires rotated tomorrow.

#50 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:08 AM

Another bump... It looks like BrokenSVT and I will be making it afterall. Getting the oil changed and tires rotated tomorrow.

Super bonus. Looking to be a great war.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users