Any possible improvements?

11 replies to this topic

#1 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 06:24 PM

Ok I just finished this, and got my good friend to host this on his site, which all you WoW lovers should visit... Anyways, here it is, the one with the funny-shaped black grip is the more recent one, but I figured a pic of both sides would be better... It's a x-bow AT2k integration, the AT2k is fired using a keyring right next to the trigger... you can see it in the pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

My apologies on making them too big... but I didn't realize they would be that big on the screen... and I didn't want to bug my friend again about uploading it >.<.

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 28 April 2004 - 06:58 PM.

#2 Vintage

Vintage

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 06:31 PM

Wow. You guys never cease to amaze me with what you can do with Nerf guns. I've only had the courage to cut the end off my Bow-and-Arrow and plug the valve in my SSPB.

~Vintage
You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone
~Al Capone

#3 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 06:31 PM

Holy Crap. That is one sweet looking Xbow intergration. The pump is placed in a very good spot, not in the way at all. My favorite part about that gun is the key ring right infront of the xbow trigger, pretty snazzy. Give that a good paint job and take care of it. All of these AT2k intergrations seem to work out very well, I should give it a try...Anyway, great job Ompa!

<EDIT:202nd post! Time for some Chinese food>

Edited by CustomSnake202, 28 April 2004 - 07:45 PM.

#4 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 06:59 PM

Vintage, you make awesome homemades! Don't fear modding nerf guns!

~ompa

#5 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 02:17 PM

NNOOOOooooOOO , I though I was the only person to run a second trigger to the back to the origninal trigger. I used a SM1500 instead of the AT2k but mine is more or less the same as yours, ammos holders on top and all. I also mounted my pump on the left side just to keep it more streamline. good job, very clean mod.

#6 six-hungry-ducks

six-hungry-ducks

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 03:23 PM

That's a very good x-bow. The only improvement I suggest is making the at2k breach loading if you want. Another thing to do, is like CustomSnake said, give it a paintjob.
Good job.
"It's never the obvious..." -Me
"Trust no one, not even yourself" -Me
"Hey I was watching that!" "It'll be on next Christmas" "Who the hell knows when that's gonna be?" -Peter Griffin

#7 Black Blade

Black Blade

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 03:37 PM

Wow. -_- THat's pretty nice mod if my X-bow were still alive I would try something like that.

#8 thewee1

thewee1

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 04:30 PM

Its nice, now just put one on top and move the ammo holder to the side, and you'll have one nice gun.
Me fail english that's unposible.
Bad spellers of the world untied...

The weeest man of the Lawn Chair Mafia

#9 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 05:04 PM

Very nicely done. Nice and clean.

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#10 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 05:11 PM

Thanks... unfortunately, the AT2k has sprung a leak.. so I had to replace it with my sm1000. Fortunately, I can get more "omph" out of my sm1k, so it's kind of advantageous. Plus, it won't have that little orange thing on the left side, but now I gotta cover the holes -_- . I *possibly* might stick another gun up at the top, but my goal was the mod to look mostly clean, so I might not. Depending on how everything works out. Soon as I get my sm1k all snug and working on the shell, I'll ask my friend to host the pictures.

~ompa

#11 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 09:12 PM

NNOOOOooooOOO , I though I was the only person to run a second trigger to the back to the origninal trigger.

Actually, I got ya both beat. ;)
I may have been the first to mod a Switch Shots Max water gun valve for use in the front handle, too... But like it matters. The little guy is lacking in tank volume anyways.

As on NHQ, nice method for the trigger placement. My version took up too much space ahead of the main trigger; yours is much more intelligent.

I always found the pump mounted that way provided a poor front grip compared to the case's otherwise comfy one, but these are the sacrifices we make for functionality. Good choice.

Are those tie-wraps for the dart holders? :huh:

Edited by Zero Talent, 29 April 2004 - 09:12 PM.

"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

#12 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 09:58 PM

Cord organizers :huh: . Found them laying around my computer room.

~ompa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users