Semi Automatic Firefly Valves

The sequel to "too much friction"

27 replies to this topic

#26 Boot

Boot

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 08:14 AM

With an airtank, I can drill holes and have hoses come out of anywhere I want. While I may need a lot of air for a precharge, I wind up with a huge air capacity.

Ah, I understand what you meant now, that is a good point, drilling a hole in a bladder doesn't seem like the best idea :blink: . I am interested in seeing your results with a hard tank, keep us updated, if it works well enough I may have to take another look at them!

@Doom

I know I really shouldn't say any more, but I don't want there to be any "bad blood" (if that is the proper term) between us. I understand everything you have said, and you obviously know what you are talking about, and any misunderstanding was no more than just that. I'm sure there was no hostility intended on either side, we'll leave it at that.
If you try to shoot over 45 feet with a magstrike accurately you fail

I beg to differ

#27 Dyxlesic

Dyxlesic

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • State:Texas

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:48 AM

It's funny, because I realized the title of this is semi auto firefly valves, not semi auto firefly airtanks. It's pretty funny how conversations change and evolve.
Well I have 2 problems at this current moment. The caps have a wider OD than the Pipe itself, so they stick out. I need it to be close to the same for structural reasons. The second one is a really cool idea of mine.
I call it the seal breaker. In-between the salvo tank and firefly, I have placed a 1" to 2" piece of the fireflies plungertube (the part with the seal). I was thinking of drilling a hole in that and have a hose leading to an adjustable valve. The valve will allow from none to as much air as I want to escape. This would allow me to reduce the seal, which in result, will adjust the power. But it has to be compact, and able to barely poke out of a hole I will drill in the shell. Any ideas?
Anything you can do I can do backwards

#28 NerfGeek416

NerfGeek416

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 20 February 2011 - 11:40 AM

A small ball valve would work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users