Photo

Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

The Exquisite PA War: The kickoff event!

74 replies to this topic

Poll: Which date should we use? (26 member(s) have cast votes)

Which date in March should we use?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#51 RedShot

RedShot

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:59 PM

Alright union131 will do.

Also guys, I am working of 4 v shaped mobstikals or whatever they are called and they will be about 4 1/2 feet tall by about 8 feet wide and there is 4 of them. I just have to get the money and buy the stuff.

Also for the dart situation I think we will make it anything goes for this war but the next war we will have a decition as to what dart type if we need to.

One last thing. If you were thinking of coming but you were not sure, just come anyway because we are going to have a bunch of people and its fun with a nice size group. If your are unsure you want to come because you dont have a 'good' primary or dont have any darts or somthing, just show up or send me a pm because I know alot of people have extra guns and I have alot of stock darts so dont worry about it just send a PM or email.

Trust me, you will have fun!!!
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together!
[RedShot]

#52 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:31 PM

Still a 'Maybe'. Got a hackerspace thing that day, and don't know if I can weasel out of it yet.

On darts: Felt tips are sort of like gun hits. If you let people ignore gun hits, or darts that catch on their clothes without hitting them, or anything else that stops the dart but maybe doesn't seem like it should count as a hit, there would be a problem. People would fudge the rules, or get confused, or argue on the field about whether the hit should count. But instead the rule is simple: if you do anything to stop the dart in any way, it counts as a hit. Felt tips are the same way. If you let someone use BB darts, or shorter barrels, or shittier guns, then you end up having to bargain with everyone who comes on the field, and you have no consistent, easy to understand, easy to enforc rule you can apply. With slugs you can just look at the dart and know it's safe to use. How hard is it to get felt furniture feet and washers?

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#53 SlightlySane813

SlightlySane813

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:36 PM

I have guns that are considerably good primaries laying around I'll bring them, if needed, as long as they won't get trashed.

Also I'm assuming that there will be a time for trading because i got a lot I need to get rid of.
Also known as the French Canadian eh!

#54 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:24 PM

I'll be in attendance provided that I can hitch a ride with Gears or Muttonchops.

Also, is it ok if I make slug darts with two washers, or have a single bb in the center behind the felt disk? They don't fly very well out of an angel breech otherwise.

Edited by ice, 07 February 2011 - 09:29 PM.

<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#55 RedShot

RedShot

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:37 PM

Yeah that is what I am probably going to do also. I will put a bb in the back of the washer so yeah double washer is ok or bb in back of washer.
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together!
[RedShot]

#56 flamincows

flamincows

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:03 PM

I'm not opposed to the darts exactly. I don't loose a ton of range with them, I just don't want to buy the shit to make them. I don't have any form of plastic money and it makes it difficult to get the supplies. Also, I don't like making them and they don't fit in my speedloader very well. I've been using the same kind of darts for two years and so far no one has gotten anything worse than a welt.
Sex Dwarves: Drug test? What kinds of drugs are we testing?

#57 RedShot

RedShot

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:25 AM

Ok so at this point I would say that any dart can go but its about how you use it. We will be fine if people dont sneak up to each other and shoot them in the head from like 5 feet away. Just be careful and we should be fine. I am willing to get 'hurt' from a dart. Just deal with it even if it does sting for a little.

I will probably have both kind of darts considering at the grid code we are required to have slugs and I want to use some dome darts here so I will be playing with both and also I will play with stock/modded stock darts with my clip guns so feel free to do that too.

Thanks
[RedShot]

#58 the mod man

the mod man

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:42 PM

Never mind my first post, I'm a definite now. BTW: I'm using slugs.

Edited by the mod man, 08 February 2011 - 02:32 PM.

Draconis:"Youtube is a cesspool of coagulated troll urine, created by the inane electronic babble of people with no better use of time than to comment on videos silly people post."

#59 union131

union131

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:30 PM

I cannot go because it is too far away and it would take me 4 and a half hours to get there. I am sorry I couldn't have come. If it was in Western New York I would come.

Edited by union131, 10 February 2011 - 05:44 PM.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics seriously suck.

#60 RedShot

RedShot

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:57 PM

Thats alright, hope that maby you can make it to another one or somthing.
[RedShot]

#61 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:06 PM

In light of Grid Code being an almost certain failure, I'm gonna start a thread for March Meltdown next week. If most people can make it the 19th I'm going to be stepping on your date. No hard feelings.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#62 RedShot

RedShot

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:10 PM

In light of Grid Code being an almost certain failure, I'm gonna start a thread for March Meltdown next week. If most people can make it the 19th I'm going to be stepping on your date. No hard feelings.

Alright I respect your decition. I mean the whole point is for people to have fun so wether they have fun at your war or at mine, I guess it doesnt matter. So yeah if possible do it another date but if not then go for it and have fun! Ill meet you some other time then.
[RedShot]

#63 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:37 PM

Honestly, it's up to the "people". I'm just saying that if we've got 15 guys that want to nerf that day in Jersey we're gonna go with it.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#64 RedShot

RedShot

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:55 PM

Honestly, it's up to the "people". I'm just saying that if we've got 15 guys that want to nerf that day in Jersey we're gonna go with it.

Alright sounds good :]
[RedShot]

#65 SlightlySane813

SlightlySane813

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:04 PM

Hey my friend can't make it he's kinda quiting nerf :)

so ya

#66 Seven7h Man

Seven7h Man

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 05:27 PM

Okay, so it looks like ill be attending as well considering the grid code war was called off.

#67 RedShot

RedShot

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:42 AM

Ok guys it looks like we are going to have a pretty good ammount of people to nerf with at this war so it will be fun!

If any of you have any new game types or somthing different that what is already on the list and you would like to try it please let me know because I am looking for other game types to play. You can post the game type and description here or PM me or email it to me.

Thanks!
[RedShot]

#68 RedShot

RedShot

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 06:43 AM

UPDATE POST!

Hey guys, I sent/am sending messages to as many people that I can to remind of TEPAW. For those that didnt get the message I am sorry, It just said that we are still going at this point and that the weather report said that there is a slight chance of rain on Saturday morning. We are going to play if it stays at that. The weather for the rest of the day is sunny and in the 60's which is perfect!

I am working on mobsticals and hopefully the parts will come in time!

Also anybody interested in a clan for those that are not in a clan, please let me know if you would like to make/join one with me. I want to get something started for those that dont have a clan and would like to.

Also Gears said he may not be able to come due to things popping up at school. :[

If you guys have any other questions then let me know!

Thanks and look forward to seeing you guys at the war!

Edited by RedShot, 15 March 2011 - 06:47 AM.

[RedShot]

#69 Seven7h Man

Seven7h Man

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 06:59 PM

Thanks for the update, also I'll be bringing two friends as log as they don't bail on me.

#70 RedShot

RedShot

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 08:13 PM

Alright sounds good!
[RedShot]

#71 the mod man

the mod man

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 08:24 PM

Well, the big days tomorrow. I wonder who's going to be on the business end of my UMB, any volunteers? :)

Edit: The war was amazing. BTW, I believe I was the first to war test sorrow x's turret's, and they're awesome. Got to meet everyone, but sadly Ice, and gears didn't show up.

Edited by the mod man, 19 March 2011 - 04:20 PM.

Draconis:"Youtube is a cesspool of coagulated troll urine, created by the inane electronic babble of people with no better use of time than to comment on videos silly people post."

#72 RedShot

RedShot

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 04:35 PM

RECAP:

Ok so first of all I would like to say think you all for coming to the start of many TEPAW's for this summer and fall and even next yeah but not to get to ahead of myself. So here are the pros and cons that I encountered.

CONS: (get them out of the way)
- My lego 4b's handle broke but luckily I was able to have a temporary fix and it was later in the day
-- My temporary fix broke and I had to repair it again about 3-4 rounds after the first fix.
---------- A bunch of nerfers went able to come, Gears, princexbuster, flamincows, Ice, Dizzyduck, Talio, etc...
- Had alot of offers on a bunch of my stuff but I just couldent let it go...
- Didnt have the mobsticals done in time (sorry guys they will be ready for next war!)

-/+ my dad did ALOT better then I expected with my 3k

PROS: (yay the good stuff!)
+ Best attendance yet! I think peak was 19 people
+ Got to play a few new game types and different rules, good suggestions guys!
+ Lots of new faces and some that came back.
+ Made a bunch of new friends and met a bunch of people that are close to the war site!
+ My 4b worked beautifully (with my darts that is) until it broke but even after the fix it was great!
+ I still love my magstrike
+ Got free lunch (thanks to Koree!)
+ Sold a few things and bought a bunch of stuff!
+ Got an awesome custom mask (seriously it is sweet!)
+ My darts where awesome and put out some serious power!
+ Great war!

Alright guys I will try to have one next month and it looks as if the only good week would be the second to last or last week of the month since there are 5 Saturdays that month! But seriously guy thanks for coming out and hope many/all of you can come again, I loved nerfing with you guys and we will continue to have alot of fun!
[RedShot]

#73 SlightlySane813

SlightlySane813

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:13 PM

I can vouch for your dads skill with your 3k

Posted Image

Its a lot more red than it looks in this pic

And it was a fantastic war, hope to attend another!

#74 the mod man

the mod man

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:22 PM

I can vouch for your dads skill with your 3k
And it was a fantastic war, hope to attend another!

I too have felt the pain because I got shot in the balls by it.

Anyways, PROS:
I got to meet everyone.
Traded a bit.
Getting to hold an x bow for the first time.
Rushing everyone with a scattergun even though koree told me not to( It was CTF and we were defending :P )

Cons:
Some people didn't turn up.
My UMB's coupler snapped clean off.
My super soakers pump head snapped off.

Overall great war, and I've got to go to the next.

#75 One long shot

One long shot

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 07:59 PM

The mod man, sounds like you really love my X-bow. Redshot, your dad was brutal with that 3k. I hated being on the opposite team as you. You hit me with one of those slingshot/white foam darts from 80ish feet away and I still have a red mark on my hand from that. Overall, it was a great war and I'll be there next time we decide to do this.
Weirdness is a relative concept; If I'm weird to you, then what do I think is weird? If I'm it for you, what's it for me?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users