Photo

Long Range Primary?

Looking for a low cost blaster to mod into a long range primary.

28 replies to this topic

#26 ghost recon

ghost recon

• Banned
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:41 AM

Is the 4B the same as the newer Buzzbee Ultimate Missile Blast?

Scratch that, they look entirely different.

yes and no the umb has a smaller air tank but the things that are the same is that they get about the same distances but the umb gets further ranges with a scatter shot
--------------------

"This thread must be either pregnant or just not that time of the month cause I don't see a period anywhere."

#27 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,070 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:46 PM

Hoppers however (in my experience) are lacking in accuracy, and tend to shoot upward for some reason.

That's dependent on the build quality more than anything else. Just throwing a hopper onto a blaster is no guarantee that it will shoot straight; the multiple fittings jiggle enough to throw off your aim. The same is true of an RSCB clip. It is worth seeking out a very tight fitting piping and/or solvent-welding your hopper to your blaster. When everything is firmly connected, a hoppered blaster can be just as accurate as a singled blaster.

#28 arfink

arfink

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:36 AM

Is the 4B the same as the newer Buzzbee Ultimate Missile Blast?

Scratch that, they look entirely different.

yes and no the umb has a smaller air tank but the things that are the same is that they get about the same distances but the umb gets further ranges with a scatter shot

The Ultimate Missile Blast performs nearly identical to the 4B, and has a few differences inside. Tank expansion is fairly easy to do, as are pump replacements. The UMB is more available and usually cheaper than the 4B right now too. Unless you have the world's most perfect foam and most perfectly calibrated barrel length you will notice almost no performance difference between the two.

Edited by arfink, 12 January 2011 - 09:36 AM.

A2GS + 4 meg RAM + 128 meg CF + 9600 Baud Lantronix = WIN

#29 thedom21

thedom21

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:13 PM

For a springer I would recommend a Big Bad Bow, With simple mods (coupler, dead space removal, seal improvement) They get ranges of about 85-95. IF you want to go Air-gun then I would say BBBB, Cheapest most, "Bang for your buck" gun.
Funny Irc moments

22:32 hookerninja I would just switch to 2 full 69's
22:32 hookerninja that would diddle shit

11:44 Zorn Her butt is too tiny even for limp 6th grade penis?
11:44 Zorn ergo the dildo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users