February

77 replies to this topic

#51 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:53 PM

I'm not accepting money yet. We're not on the books yet, I'm waiting to hear for that. Once we have a confirmed date, we'll take care of the money. You'll be given instructions then.

No opinion on a seminar for the kids? It's perfectly okay if your opinion is you don't want to do it, because that's close to how I feel.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#52 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:06 PM

What do you mean by a seminar?

All I could think of to tell them:
Darts go in this way, prime it this way, pull the trigger.
3 hits and you're out, if you get hit, clear back, not behind the enemy, count to 15.

I can't think of anything else. Let me know and I'll throw together some lender primaries. I still have Vacc's PAS :X

Edited by Split, 14 January 2011 - 08:08 PM.

Teehee.

#53 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:07 PM

It's more about how to make darts and how to mod guns. I don't think these people realize how much work is going to be involved in this hobby.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#54 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:20 PM

It's more about how to make darts and how to mod guns. I don't think these people realize how much work is going to be involved in this hobby.

I really don't want to teach kids how to nerf; I made the NIC for that. Regardless, if you're roped into it I'll volunteer for the dart making portion. We're gonna show them mcmaster and they'll be done with us. If they can't find us here on their own, I'm not sure that they'll be savy enough to play our brand of nerf. I could be way off, though. It's happened before.

#55 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:10 PM

I completely agree with you. I don't understand what they expect us to do. All the information is on the website I told them last year that's how you go about it. But I did want to run it past everyone. I know they have some interest, but I don't think it's enough.

#56 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:40 PM

I could bring a little thing to show them. Certainly wouldn't have enough to bring and have them do their own, but I could bring in a 2k and a raider, maybe a flywheel gun to show the different types; laptop will have videos of advanced stuff, I'll have the different clips we use. Plus we'll all have our homemades they can learn from.
Teehee.

#57 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:00 PM

No, I think I need to make it kinda clear to the guy that they're going to have to show interest in this on their own. I think most of these kids play airsoft and we've had our run in's with them. I mean they know the website's link and they all can see it. If they were really interested they would have been modding guns already.

#58 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:22 AM

No, I think I need to make it kinda clear to the guy that they're going to have to show interest in this on their own. I think most of these kids play airsoft and we've had our run in's with them. I mean they know the website's link and they all can see it. If they were really interested they would have been modding guns already.

Obviously I agree, but if it's going to determine the nature of our relationship with Grid Code, Split's offer might be worth a try. I wouldn't mind getting there early or (more ideally) staying late and running through some basic dart making practices. With my schedule, I'm not gonna be able to trek out there another day for it. If we have to do this, I think the main point we hammer home is that no one is going to hold your hand or walk you through this hobby. That's what happens when no one has serious financial interest in the endeavor. We'll point you in the right direction, but all the information you need is already out there, and you have to take your own initiative. Otherwise you're useless as far as we're concerned. This has always been a self-starter's hobby, and that's probably never going to change.

#59 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:50 AM

Bah, sorry, going to have to back out for certain unless something changes drastically. School and personal life just punched free time in the dick.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#60 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:34 PM

Obviously I agree, but if it's going to determine the nature of our relationship with Grid Code, Split's offer might be worth a try. I wouldn't mind getting there early or (more ideally) staying late and running through some basic dart making practices. With my schedule, I'm not gonna be able to trek out there another day for it. If we have to do this, I think the main point we hammer home is that no one is going to hold your hand or walk you through this hobby. That's what happens when no one has serious financial interest in the endeavor. We'll point you in the right direction, but all the information you need is already out there, and you have to take your own initiative. Otherwise you're useless as far as we're concerned. This has always been a self-starter's hobby, and that's probably never going to change.

Yeah, I completely agree with that. I have to call the guy again, because I haven't heard anything and it's been almost a week. We'll see what happens, but I have a little more information and I think we're all on the same page.

#61 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:09 PM

I just found out for sure what my schedule will be for the next few months and I asked for and got Feb. 26th off. I don't know if planned attendance is too high or not, but I had a blast time and would love to make it again this time.

So, if I'm invited, you can put me down as a definite.

Edited by imaseoulman, 20 January 2011 - 08:09 PM.

#62 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:38 PM

There's not really going to be a cap for attendance. If there are too many people we'll figure it out when we get there. I'm not really anticipating that will be a problem.

#63 NerfHunter03

NerfHunter03

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:31 PM

Well, I suppose since I have the day off of work, I should look into hotels... I'm a definite as well, I'll see if anyone else is interested.

Edited by NerfHunter03, 27 January 2011 - 11:33 PM.

BritNerfMogul:
We should respect the people who make our blasters. Even if we do molest the hell out of them...

#64 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:05 PM

Just thought I'd throw this out there. If anybody further north than I am (around Albany) is heading down, or if you're on the way from Albany, I'd be happy to car pool. Shoot me a PM.

#65 NerfHunter03

NerfHunter03

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:20 PM

To Piggy-Back off of Seoulman's offer, anyone from the Western New York, or Niagara Falls area that plan to attend and want to carpool down, I do plan on heading down the day before the way, and spending the night, returning after the war.

EDIT: I am no longer able to go...

Edited by NerfHunter03, 27 January 2011 - 11:40 PM.

BritNerfMogul:
We should respect the people who make our blasters. Even if we do molest the hell out of them...

#66 balisticjoe

balisticjoe

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:20 PM

90% percent sure of my attendance. Seoul, I may need to call you on that ride, I would only add a few minutes to your trip and will chip in for gas. Talio, any news from them yet?
There Are No Stupid Questions, But There Are A Lot Of Inquisitive Idiots.

#67 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:18 PM

I'm working on it. Keep in mind guys game starts at 9am. This isn't a late in the day war. We've only got the space till about 1, but it was the same last year and it worked out fine.

#68 NerfHunter03

NerfHunter03

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:39 PM

After doing some math, I don't believe I will be able to make the trip down this time. Perhaps I will be able to make the drive to the next spring/summer war, but for now, it is just too pricey for me to drive it alone.

I can say, though, that the last time I went to Grid, it was great. Perhaps we shall meet up at the next one. Once again, sorry I can't make it. Have fun!
BritNerfMogul:

#69 union131

union131

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 02:20 PM

I'll be there whenever it is.

Seconded.

Lies.

Where is it in PA, and put me down as a maybe.
If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics seriously suck.

#70 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:47 PM

Why don't you check their website?

Anyway guys, this isn't looking good. I've called them multiple times and they won't confirm the date. They keep saying they're going to check the schedule and let me know, but it never happens. I'll call them again this week, but it's starting to get fucking ridiculous.

#71 RedShot

RedShot

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:55 PM

Why don't you check their website?

Anyway guys, this isn't looking good. I've called them multiple times and they won't confirm the date. They keep saying they're going to check the schedule and let me know, but it never happens. I'll call them again this week, but it's starting to get fucking ridiculous.

Do we have any other 'arena's' or places to play? If they cant confirm the date will it get moved or will there be a backup plan?
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together!
[RedShot]

#72 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:04 PM

Not really. I'm not playing outside if it's cold or snowy. At this point I've been waiting over a month for confirmation of the date. I think we can safely assume this isn't happening. If you guys want to host something go for it, but I think we're just going to do March Meltdown. Redshot, depending on the circumstances we may end up stepping on the date of your war.

#73 RedShot

RedShot

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:07 PM

Not really. I'm not playing outside if it's cold or snowy. At this point I've been waiting over a month for confirmation of the date. I think we can safely assume this isn't happening. If you guys want to host something go for it, but I think we're just going to do March Meltdown. Redshot, depending on the circumstances we may end up stepping on the date of your war.

Oh ok. I hope this can work but if not then whatever. Is your march meltdown the same date (19th)?
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together!
[RedShot]

#74 union131

union131

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 07:28 AM

its says nothing on his blog where the war is. Please don't judge me for this. I would like to know where it is maybe i can come.
If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics seriously suck.

#75 LT DAN ICE CREAM

LT DAN ICE CREAM

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 07:52 AM

Google and a bit of common sense would lead you to this fine and dandy place. Seriously, is it that hard to use the internet and its tools to attain information?

Edit: And apparently, this is not gonna happen. Booo..

Edited by LT. DAN ICE CREAM!!!, 11 February 2011 - 07:55 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users