Effeminate Summer War Part 7

Feet First In The Mud

54 replies to this topic

#26 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 02:23 PM

well i can't go either, my step mom is visiting from China that weekend, and my dad is going with here to somewhere around park 400 i think.

It's cool. Hope too see ya next year. Also I'm bringing two dozen doughnuts for everyone. Get them while there hot!!!!

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#27 FoamMaster

FoamMaster

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 03:21 PM

WOO! DOUGHNUTS! On topic, my friends are still being very indecisive, only one is there for sure, the rest are all saying "Hmm.. I may be able to come." Hopefully as the day of the war comes closer and my friends are allured by the power of doughnuts, they will give me a more helpful response.
This was a triumph.

#28 tuna the fish

tuna the fish

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:35 AM

i'm there

#29 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:07 PM

i'm there

Sweet!

#30 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 03:33 PM

One whacked idea from an IRC session - how about allowing the Medic a single-shot pistol that will heal a team member from a distance, as well as kill an opposing team member?

Want to try that on Saturday?
Fugly is a feature.

#31 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:05 PM

One whacked idea from an IRC session - how about allowing the Medic a single-shot pistol that will heal a team member from a distance, as well as kill an opposing team member?

Hey, guys, dunno if I'll be able to get both the Snap's out in time for you to have them by the war. I can probably do Tim's, but I'm not done with Daniel's yet. I've just been super busy with college apps, my senior project, X-Country, and school in general. Sorry about that.

#32 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 05:08 PM

No need to apologize. Hope you're enjoying yourself, even if it's not foam-related.
Fugly is a feature.

#33 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:14 PM

Hey, guys, dunno if I'll be able to get both the Snap's out in time for you to have them by the war. I can probably do Tim's, but I'm not done with Daniel's yet. I've just been super busy with college apps, my senior project, X-Country, and school in general. Sorry about that.

Sounds like fun, Tim. We'll try it out. It's all good, Luke.

Edited by Dayko, 26 September 2010 - 11:14 PM.

#34 FoamMaster

FoamMaster

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:54 PM

Okay, I have two friends confirmed. One of them is bringing several guns and darts (as well as me), but the other doesn't have any modified guns, so if anyone has a loaner gun or two, then that would be helpful (as I don't have many modded guns either to loan). Thanks!
This was a triumph.

#35 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:39 PM

Effin Wars are part arms shows / bazaars, so I'm sure someone will have blasters to loan out. Most people pack like they're Doctor Octopus or something...
Fugly is a feature.

#36 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 12:30 PM

Okay, I have two friends confirmed. One of them is bringing several guns and darts (as well as me), but the other doesn't have any modified guns, so if anyone has a loaner gun or two, then that would be helpful (as I don't have many modded guns either to loan). Thanks!

I can let him use some of mine. Its the big day tomorrow guy's. Let's all get a good night sleep and dream of the foam flinging we'll be doing tomorrow!

#37 FoamMaster

FoamMaster

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 12:39 PM

I can let him use some of mine. Its the big day tomorrow guy's. Let's all get a good night sleep and dream of the foam flinging we'll be doing tomorrow!

Okay thanks. Also, I may be interested in buying some of your slugs if you don't mind, because I only have some standard stefans which hurt like hell indoors at such close quarters.
This was a triumph.

#38 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 03:40 PM

I like round numbers. They come 40 to a snack sized zippy. $5?

Oh, one last thing: I am still very much a definite maybe. While I am sure to work a double shift the last two Fridays of the month, I need to work one tonight as well. If it goes into extra innings, I going to drag my sorry ass in, say hi, oogle the new hardware, and blow. Assuming I make it at all. If it goes into double overtime, I may be a no-show.

Okay, our Friday phun-phest ended before midnight, for the first time in two months. I'll be there. Here's what I'm planning on bringing:
  • Two or three Cluster Effs.

• The Sceptor and ball ammo.

• The PulseStrike guts, just for show-n-tell. Until I find a good OPRV solution for it, it's not getting pointed at anyone.

• Beige foam samples.

• A pair of CPVC couplered Splats. Seals haven't been worked on, so they're not that great.

• Turreted chopper.

• A thousand or so darts. 40 #6 slugs for $5. Glue domes are loaners - I want to field test them before pricing them.

• Four or five goggles. These are loaners for anyone who wants them. Three or four of them are Splat goggles.

• Some wyes and chamfered barrels. These are for sale - $2 for the wye, $2 for a barrel, $3 if you buy a set.
Any blaster I'm not using at the time is up for loan (but try to return them in one piece...)

So, what are you bringing?

Edited by taerKitty, 02 October 2010 - 02:37 AM.

Fugly is a feature.

#39 FoamMaster

FoamMaster

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 09:37 AM

My gear is nothing compared to what you're bringing...
Anyway, here it is:

Turreted Disk shot with SSPB integration
As many darts as I can scrape together (not much)
Stock NF (to loan or use)
Modified NF (to loan or use)
Stock Scout (to loan)
Stock Longshot w/ Raider drum
Maybe a Magstrike with 3 clips
And as far as I know my friends are bringing an AT2K and some other blasters.

And if anyone is interested, then I have to trade or sell:

Very leaky RF20
Broken LSFG (all the stuff is still there, but the spring)
A stock eliminator pistol

Edited by FoamMaster, 02 October 2010 - 09:39 AM.

This was a triumph.

#40 Broderick

Broderick

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 10:47 AM

Well, I'm off to the damn baseball game... I hope you guys have fun though, see you next summer. :(
There's also the wars in the Bunker, I want to make it out to at least one of those. You guys should look at it...

#41 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 11:28 AM

On the road now. Should be there in about thirty or forty minutes. By the way , the doughnuts are nice and fresh this morning.

#42 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 04:03 PM

Highlights:
  • Seeing everyone there - people from before, new faces.

• Nametags. I left the unused ones in your dart bin for next time. Hope you don't mind.

• Dome-head darts FTW.

• The BattleMax Sceptor was a blast to use.

• Blowgunning the pistol round. And getting kills!

• Darth's supah-comfy PC SNAP handle. Oh, and the rest of his PumpSNAP rules, too.

• His "manta" guts. Wait for his writeup.

• Dual-wielding 4B's was hilarious. Ineffective, but funny.

• Dayko being the "wandering monster" (Infinity:15 equal opportunity offender) during the TDM and CTF rounds.
Lowlights:
  • Having to pack it in at 1PM.

• Some of the usual suspects not making it.

• Geese-droppings. Make sure it's black foam before sweeping it.

Fugly is a feature.

#43 FoamMaster

FoamMaster

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 08:17 PM

I gotta say, my first outside nerf war was really fun. Dayko is a great host, and the people there were all pretty friendly. One of my friends and I won some nerf gear (courtesy of Dayko) and even though my guns weren't too powerful (my most powerful shooting only 50 feet), I had fun running around and shooting people. Taerkitty sold me a [k26] spring and he gave me some beige foam samples (which I will probably try to use soon).

I learned that I don't need to bring so many guns next time, I only ended up using one of them the whole time. I think I will need to get a farther shooting gun too, since having only a 50' shooter is kinda tough.

So overall, I had a great experience and so did my friends, we're even thinking of going to the upcoming Puget Sound war. Thanks to Dayko for being a great host and taerKitty for selling the spring!

BTW, I think that pictures will be posted, since I saw some people taking video and photos.

Nerf on!

Edited by FoamMaster, 02 October 2010 - 08:17 PM.

This was a triumph.

#44 nisaburo

nisaburo

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 10:30 PM

Highlights

- Fryer's latest project start. Its very promising but I'm not sure he wants to announce what it is yet so I won't go into details.
- My RFSG performing admirably.
- Final War of the summer.

Lowlights

- arriving roughly 3 1/2 hours late.
- No Luke.
- No mod contest.
- Not winning civil war and a sweet over-hauled 3k.
- Final war of the summer.

Dayko! How about posting some of those pictures from this summer's wars? I'm getting requests as to what I do in this hobby.

#45 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 02:34 AM

Another lowlight: Nisaburo arriving probably within minutes of me departing...

I took a few photos, but my CF reader is at the office. (Yes, CompactFlash - the camera is hella old.) I'll post some on Monday or Tuesday.
Fugly is a feature.

#46 nisaburo

nisaburo

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:04 AM

Amendment: Seeing evidence of Taerkitty but not actually the cat himself.

I showed up at around 1:30 so we may have been ships passing in the night. I would have loved to see you dual-wielding cluster F-BBBBs.

The shear number and quality of your darts was ridiculous.

#47 FoamMaster

FoamMaster

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:30 AM

Damn, I just realized that I left my CTF unit at the war. If anyone picked it up, then if they could ship it to me then that would be great. I'll cover the charges.
This was a triumph.

#48 tuna the fish

tuna the fish

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 07:50 PM

I think dayko is holding onto the ctf thing.

#49 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:46 PM

Great war guy's. Perfect way to end the summer. Now its time to start planning for next year's festivities :) .

Highlights:

Meeting old and new faces again.

Getting some long range shots that actually hit someone with my Spy Gear Launcher.

Playing Wondering Monster, that was pretty fun.

Having the weather stay pretty good all day.

Seeing some of the new creations from Freyer, pretty cool man.

Getting a Mad Hornet from Nisaburo. I already replaced the barrels.

Lowlights

Taer having to leave early.

Having my +bow plunger head break.

Hitting one of Foammaster's friends in the face with my Pistol Splat, sorry about that again.

I'm working on sorting and dating the pictures. As soon as I get done with that then I'll post a topic with all the pictures of the wars.

I got your CTF unit Foammaster. PM me your address and I'll ship it out.
I also got someones wrench, I believe its Taer's. PM me your address and I can ship it out to you.

Thanks to everyone for coming too all the wars this year. This indeed has been the best Nerfing year Washington has seen in many years. Thanks again guy's. I'm looking forward to Nerfing with everyone again.

Edited by Dayko, 04 October 2010 - 12:50 PM.

#50 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:22 PM

Before this becomes a necro, how about a crazy name for us Pacific Northwest Nerfers? (I'm not limiting it to the Puget Sound because I still have hopes that Mr. Ballzooka will someday join us...)

How does 'P0WNers' sound?
Fugly is a feature.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users