Lanard Shotgun Help

Not rotating...

11 replies to this topic

#1 lakewoodz03

lakewoodz03

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:51 PM

Hello Haven, well I have reached a problem in my quadshot. The turret will not rotate properly. I prime back and it rotates half way then it jams. I cannot move the turret nor the priming rod. I have to hold down the trigger and force the handle forward to get it to work. I have glued the rotating mech together, if that helps. I will deliver pictures if they are needed and I find my camera. Thanks in advance.

I am currently away from my workshop so anything suggested cannot be done until Monday or Tuesday.

Edited by lakewoodz03, 20 August 2010 - 10:12 PM.

A,B,C,D, LSD, Gummy bears are chasing me,
Some are red and some are blue, one just stole my fucking shoe,
A,B,C,D, LSD, Next time won't you trip with me.

#2 jaybo1996

jaybo1996

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:15 PM

Did you reinforce the plunger rod? It sounds like the priming bar is getting stuck inside the plunger rod because of excess friction.
01:15 N9> The problem with nerfers: We're around plastic. Plastic contains estrogenic compounds, so we're more feminine than the rest of the world.

WTF, are you in Tony Stark's basement!?'

#3 lakewoodz03

lakewoodz03

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:18 PM

Did you reinforce the plunger rod? It sounds like the priming bar is getting stuck inside the plunger rod because of excess friction.

Yes I did, was I not supposed to? Do I need to take the reinforcement out?

#4 jaybo1996

jaybo1996

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:27 PM

It depends, where on the plunger rod did you reinforce it? Can you get us pictures?
01:15 N9> The problem with nerfers: We're around plastic. Plastic contains estrogenic compounds, so we're more feminine than the rest of the world.

#5 lakewoodz03

lakewoodz03

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:33 PM

It depends, where on the plunger rod did you reinforce it? Can you get us pictures?

I took 2 metal rods and placed them inside the plunger rod, that space in the under neath it, then put in some epoxy putty. I had to trim down the the priming bar to get it to fit. I figured it wasn't a good idea. Sadly, I cannot get you pictures, my camera has kicked itself in the crotch and I'm away from my workshop anyway.

#6 jaybo1996

jaybo1996

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:12 PM

Yeah, it's pretty difficult to reinforce the inside the plunger rod and have it still work, you need extremely thin sheet metal, or just reinforce from the outside.

#7 lakewoodz03

lakewoodz03

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:15 PM

Yeah, it's pretty difficult to reinforce the inside the plunger rod and have it still work, you need extremely thin sheet metal, or just reinforce from the outside.

I see, I wish I could have found this before I tried that. Well thank you.

#8 Spud Spudoni

Spud Spudoni

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:36 PM

Have you tried checking the bar that actually rotates the turret? Your problem could possibly be that your priming mech is not catching with the front part of this bar. Zorn's Lemma used a screw to use for the priming mech to catch instead of that tiny nub. Check his write-up for more details.

industrial designer

#9 lakewoodz03

lakewoodz03

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:44 PM

Have you tried checking the bar that actually rotates the turret? Your problem could possibly be that your priming mech is not catching with the front part of this bar. Zorn's Lemma used a screw to use for the priming mech to catch instead of that tiny nub. Check his write-up for more details.

I did not understand that part of the write u to be honest. I thought he said that he put a screw were the the spring is, I will have to check that again. Thank you.

#10 lakewoodz03

lakewoodz03

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:46 PM

I did not understand that part of the write u to be honest. I thought he said that he put a screw were the the spring is, I will have to check that again. Thank you.

Wait, I'm an idiot! I get it know. *face palm* :lol:

#11 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 08:50 PM

If you get frustrated with the turret I have MANY good things to say about singling this bad boy.

Just sayin', turrets can be a bitch.
The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#12 DeathDart2k

DeathDart2k

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:02 PM

If you get frustrated with the turret I have MANY good things to say about singling this bad boy.

Just sayin', turrets can be a bitch.

F**K yeah Ur damn right i got so pist, i was tired got my quadshot to work but fucked up my maverick i was cpvcing and ima see if its possible to single a mav..
My story? My story...Hmmmm Im a no-name noob, who cant angel breach a longshot.....Trying to have fun and meet good people...Too bad theri isnt a MOD TIME if you will before a war...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users