Photo

Armageddon '04 Planning Thread

121 replies to this topic

#101 Shaggy

Shaggy

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 05:14 AM

I was gonna bring Tad down, but I'm afraid that's Father's Day Weekend so...yeah. Next time guys.
For food, for raiment.
For life, for opportunity.
For friendship and fellowship.

#102 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 07:19 PM

Jordan can't make it either on that day due to orchestra stuff, so thats one less from my group.
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

#103 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 01:32 AM

Tojjy poo: check with your parents one last time. we've got about 6 days and 10 hours before people show up, so make sure everything is chill. how much money are we bringing to help pay for food, should i bring any food? looks like my neighbors might have an emergency vacation starting that day, but i think i can still bring 4 including me.

EVERYONE, MAN THE BATTLE STATIONS: GET ORGANIZED - BECAUSE ARMAGEDDON '04 WILL PWN J00!!
You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun. -neonerfer

#104 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 09:01 AM

I don't think Bobert can come. I need to check again, but his parents said something about going to Hawaii that day.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#105 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 11:20 AM

I don't think Bobert can come. I need to check again, but his parents said something about going to Hawaii that day.

Let's just pop off to Hawaii for the day, shall we son?

Okay, Bobert and Jordan are out of action, that reduces our potential numbers by two and we're still around 20 people conservatively.

I'll await Toj's response, but I don't think his parents necessarily want to arrange lunch for 18-25 people, not knowing how many will actually show. I'm planning to bring my own food. You probably should too unless we find out otherwise.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#106 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 05:21 PM

I'll await Toj's response, but I don't think his parents necessarily want to arrange lunch for 18-25 people, not knowing how many will actually show. I'm planning to bring my own food. You probably should too unless we find out otherwise.

yeah, if i were his parents i wouldn't want to do that either, but i just remember him saying something about BBQing. i'm totally fine with bringing my own food.

#107 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 09:07 PM

As much as he tries to reassure me every month or so, I find it disconcerting that our host hasn't posted since... page 3? Can someone with (working) contact info for him get him to come say hi? Steve?

#108 ShatteredDreams

ShatteredDreams

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 12:55 PM

I've been busy since page three, thanks to many finals, and about 12 concerts (in four different types of bands) that I had to practice for. But most are done now, so I can give out most of the information that you kiddies desire.

BBQ- Yes, bring two or three dollars for hotdogs, chips, and soda.

Hisotrical and whatnot locations- Customsnake, in response to your e-mail, I'm not really sure if there are that many Good historical/"informative" locations (if any), but you can recommend to your parents the pier or the beach in Oceanside, or just wandering around in Lahoya (or however you spell that) both have good places to eat and appreciate the view.

Good luck all the war looks like a go.

Oh, and some spots of my house cannot be traversed now, such as that little open area by my driveway, we're adding in a garage, so no one is allowed to run or galavant through there, I don't want to have to pay for a funeral if someone knocks the building down around themselves before it is supported. That leaves roughly some where between three and six miles left for the war, so we should all be fine.
"Diplomats are just as esential to starting a war, as soldiers are to finishing it."- Will Rogers.

#109 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 01:04 PM

BBQ- Yes, bring two or three dollars for hotdogs, chips, and soda.

Have I mentioned that you fucking rock? See you at 10:00 on Saturday.

Everyone, this war is going to kick so much ass that if you don't make it you will be sobbing for weeks when you hear about it.

#110 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 06:17 PM

Dude, Nick, I really^(<edit> Damn board doesn't recognize the special symbols. There should be an infinity symbol there. </edit>) need you to talk to your parents about coming. I already got my dad's okay, and so you're the only person who needs the okay. If you don't respond before tonight, I'll call you.

Edited by Ice Nine, 14 June 2004 - 06:18 PM.

Rnbw Cln

#111 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 08:34 PM

or just wandering around in Lahoya (or however you spell that) both have good places to eat and appreciate the view.

La Jolla.

anyway, sweet. i need to get my dart on and my mod on but you can expect to see me there driving a green minivan full of kids. yeah, that's right bitch, driving. no more hauling my dad down to Irvine for 9 hours, heh. i'll make sure everyone in my car has cash-money for you, and i'll try to bring some soda or chips or something as well. thanks toj.

#112 Grinch

Grinch

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 09:14 PM

I can't go.

I'm graduating valedictorian in Junior High on the war date.

Sorry.

Edited by Grinch, 14 June 2004 - 09:15 PM.

Webmaster of Nerf World

Previously mrgrinch_nm!

#113 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 11:41 PM

nerf could use one of those. good job!

#114 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 09:15 AM

I can't go.

Sorry.

Sorry/Congratulations, Grinch./!

Now, it looks like I'll be comin' solo. Oh well.

<edit> Good news! I have a friend from school who just tried paintballing, and he was also curious about nerf. I sent him an e-mail with this link and stuff, and he'd be happy to come. He's probably gonna use my 3K, but I'm still not sure.

Chalk another up for my group! </edit>

<edit2> Any of you Oceanside people know any good bike paths in that area? My dad plans on riding while we nerf. He said that he'd like to do mountain trials, but a good road trail would be good too. Thanks in advance! </edit2>

Edited by Ice Nine, 17 June 2004 - 06:17 PM.

Rnbw Cln

#115 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 12:36 AM

EMERGENCY VACATION = -1 nerfer

6 MONTHS PROBATIONARY PERIOD ON CALIFORNIA DRIVERS LICENCES ISSUED TO MINORS = -1 nerferbabe

expect me, my bro, and his friend. that reminds me, i've got to mod up a storm tomorrow.

#116 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 01:46 PM

By this time tomorrow we'll be nerfing.

Last call for Toj's address... if you don't know how to get there, PM me quick.

If you think you might get lost, you can PM me for my cell number too.

The weather voodoo folks predict morning clouds and afternoon sun with a high of 70* so it's looking like a perfect day for nerf.

Any questions?

#117 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 02:41 PM

Final count will be me, Steph, Phil (Steph's brother), Stephanie and most likely Hubbard. CHAPMAN POWER!!!

Pw33ned.
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

#118 ShatteredDreams

ShatteredDreams

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 08:54 PM

Kiddies, be aware. The street numbers get really weird near our house. They jump all around and go from around 1600 to over 5000 in around ten feet. My house is between Wilshire and Morro Hills road. Look for the Adress that Cx will send you, and also look for the giant NERF sign.

Now hopefuly, my tendon will fix itself so I can fully participate in the war.
"Diplomats are just as esential to starting a war, as soldiers are to finishing it."- Will Rogers.

#119 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 08:55 PM

Despite my Grandfathers sudden death at the ripe age of 87, I will still be there tommorrow as intended. Its a shame I have no contacts for any of the old SM crew, because I could've driven anyone else interested up there.. I just hope I dont die due to shotty mapquest directions and fear! ;-P

-man it must be two years since ive been to a new war!
~SS

#120 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 09:59 PM

This war will be kick-ass. And my other person just cancalled.

Any of you Oceanside people know any good bike paths in that area? My dad plans on riding while we nerf. He said that he'd like to do mountain trials, but a good road trail would be good too. Thanks in advance!

Rnbw Cln

#121 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 10:51 PM

Any of you Oceanside people know any good bike paths in that area? My dad plans on riding while we nerf. He said that he'd like to do mountain trials, but a good road trail would be good too. Thanks in advance!

I've never been on this trail, but some friends had fun on this scenic little roll along the beach. It's supposed to be about 50/50 dirt/'crete with mostly rolling terrain. Pretty basic stuff, but I don't personally know of any intermediate to advanced rides in that area.

Give google a try, 90% of SD county is a perfect place for a ride, there have to be tons of trails around there.

#122 Gamefreak

Gamefreak

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 11:53 PM

Ok, this war is going rule! Man only 12 more hours! I gotta get to bed...see you all tomorrow.
Gamertag : Corpseoftheyear

QUOTE(substance abuse)
No offense but soldat has to be the worst game ever made
Like anyone could even know that, GOSH.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users