What Size Brass Fits Stock Darts?

I hate starting a topic for this

5 replies to this topic

#1 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:32 PM

I am heading to a hardware store after work and I don't have a dart with me to test fit the brass sizes, but last time I was there there where two sizes that were very close to each other. One size fit looser than PETG, and one fit almost as tight as CPVC. I'm using stock sonic micro's and I'm using the brass for a brass breech in a longshot, not very similar to Angel's, so I can't take his word for the sizes, especially since he used tightening rings.

If I use the tighter brass, I'll risk trimming the darts, so I need to know if anyone knows which size fits the best for what I'm doing? I can add tightening rings on loose brass, but I can't expand the brass very easily.

Thanks!
Banshee
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#2 Broderick

Broderick

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:36 PM

I'd say 17/32" is probably going to be your best bet, but why can't you make Stefans? You could buy some as well. It would make things easier, considering most people can tell you what sizes of brass and PETG their foam fits in, and what type of fit. The tighter size of brass you're describing is probably 17/32", and the looser is 9/16". It could also have been 19/32", but most likely 9/16".

#3 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:39 PM

I can't make my own darts because the only foam the stores sell around me is crap and by the time I ordered foam and materials or all ready made darts, I could've just bought a 100 pack of streamlines and stuck a BB in the tip. And besides, I suck at making darts. But thanks for your help.

#4 PVC Arsenal 17

PVC Arsenal 17

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:54 PM

17/32" is a pretty tight fit for stock darts. Unless you need a good seal to develop back pressure, you might want to go with something larger. I remember having to flare the brass barrel on my Lock n' Load to facilitate loading... otherwise I'd spend too much time trying to load the darts careful enough to prevent bending them.

#5 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:22 PM

17/32" is a pretty tight fit for stock darts. Unless you need a good seal to develop back pressure, you might want to go with something larger.

It's still you best bet, since 9/16" brass fits so loosely.

#6 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:17 PM

I wanted a loose fit so the breech would function smoother. I ended up getting 9/16" and nested it into 19/32" much like a simplified version of the Angel breech and it works awesomely. I'm getting 80's to 90's with single BB stock darts and an added nite finder spring. So thanks guys!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users