Personally, I really felt this war was phenomenal.
- Many veterans showing up to show the rest of us up
- Another visit from our TN nerfers - Chain, Derrick, Brandon and Cade - great to see you guys there.
- A lot of new faces
- Overall decent sportsmanship
- Watching the trio of Rogue, Zax and Rork own the first 3-man round...then banning them from doing so again. Forever.
- Enjoying my Chicken-mod shotgun with hopper. Screw y’all—I ain’t too proud to use one.
- Having said shotgun last the entire day (despite some coupler issues). Still much more reliable in 90 plus degree heat then that pos LS.
- Turning to my trusty NF for pistol rounds. Has yet to fail me.
- From the corner of my eye, seeing someone take a tumble in the first FFA then turning to see Chicken rolling on the ground, stirring up a dust storm. Wish I had my camera.
- Making Rogue chase me around the portables before he finally got me. Took you long enough to chase down a 50 year old guy... better get to the gym and work out a little more, brother.
- Chasing Spud down for a barrel tap. I'm too old for this shit...
- Chicken and I downing nearly 300oz of Gatorade and our traditional 12-hour soaked subs (homemade this time, not Publix.)
- Carpe was everything a Nerf game should be. Wish we could’ve done it a few more times. Seriously.
- Umpa + snapbow = pain. At any distance.
- Standoff with Zax in the last FFA, each with one life left, and distracted him whilst Rogue snuck up to do my dirty work. Yeah, I was hoping to finish off birthday boy myself but at my age, I’ll take whatever help I can get.
- Chicken and I taking out Rork and Zax in the final Gunslinger round. The only round we won but a good way to finish the day.
- Sunday am: not as sore as I thought I'd be. Golf is still on for Monday.
- Chain, if you ever decide to host in TN, we’re there.
- Hitting Spud in the chest. Dude, I can’t apologize enough. You came around the corner and when I caught a glimpse of your shirt, I thought you were Poptart being his usual sneaky self so I shot first and asked questions later. Just didn’t want you to think I did that on purpose.
- Could’ve witnessed some better sportsmanship from some people. On the other hand, being their first war, I’ll give the benefit of the doubt and assume the behavior will improve next time.
- I agree 100% with Rork; six people should not have to clean up after 18 at the end of the war. Pitch in next time.
Post War Dinner at Chili’s
- In attendance: Rogue, Zax, Rork, Nerfomania, Cory & Chicken.
- While I am disappointed I missed the 5-man group shower at Zax’s beforehand (then again, maybe I’m not) it was great to chillax and enjoy a beer and a great steak dinner.
- Was hoping for a display of pole vault talents (despite claims to the contrary
) but yes, Rork, we tipped her well. Anyone who gives Rogue a non-working pen on purpose just so we can see how long it takes him to fill in his receipt can roll with us anytime.
Edited by The Old Guy, 12 September 2010 - 05:18 PM.