Quick Assembly Question For Sm 1000 Modders

4 replies to this topic

#1 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:51 PM

Alright, I don't have a camera, so I can't show you exactly, but if you've ever modded an SM 1K before you should understand. I opened mine, did the standard mods (using PETG for the turret so I can keep the auto-rotate mech), and have run into a problem putting it back together. It catches and fires, but won't auto-rotate. When I do manual, it doesn't click like it should and doesn't line up the dart properly.

There are 5 little plastic thingies in there: a white piece with a catch wire, a small, rectangular black piece, a larger black piece that directs the turret to rotate one way, and two grey pieces. I know where 4 of them go, but am stumped on where the small, rectangular black piece goes. Lacking it could be why a soft trigger touch fails to rotate the turret. Yes, there is a pic of the internals in one of the writeups, but it doesn't show that small black piece. It shows all 4 of the others.

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)
NYC Nerf Ops - Nerf in New York City itself
NJ Nerf Ops - Nerf in New Jersey
CT Nerf Ops - Nerf in Connecticut

UNO also has a Discord server, DM me on Discord to join (@vincentdrake)

-----------------------------------------------
My other groups:
Nerf Thrifters - A group for posting thrifts and other second-hand finds

#2 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 12:28 AM

http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=9775

^ In that image, you can see 4/5 of the pieces that need to go back in. I have all 4 placed as shown (colors on mine are different, but it doesn't matter since I know them by shape and position). The rectangular one is not in the picture, or if it is, I can't see it.

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)

My other groups:

#3 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:32 AM

http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=16559

That might help you, don't know.

#4 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 12:19 AM

Thank guys, it's now auto-rotating again and actually firing, too. They meant business when they put that sticker on that says "Pull trigger slowly for best results". I had about a dozen darts get mutilated beyond the realm of physics before I figured that out, hehe.

So, another question. Right now it's hitting 72' - 84'. Not terrific, but I'll take it for now. How do you get it to accept a barrel? I have PETG in the turret, but when I try to sick PETG into the barrel, darts get stuck in it/jam. Even when the barrel is flush up against the turret, they jam. The airtank to turret seal has been improved with an O-ring, but still has open space. Is that imperfect seal reducing the power the gun needs to push darts through a 10" barrel? I know that Tim got his SM 1K to hit 120', so I know there's more potential in this thing.

My other groups:

#5 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 12:31 AM

The way silencer did it involved PETG sealing with 17/32 brass, the turret needed to be rotated then the PETG was pushed down on it before it was fired.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users