Sm1000 Help

Re-assembly

6 replies to this topic

#1 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 12:36 AM

I don't want to mod the thing, I just want to get it working again.
Problems:
1:Before I opened it, the trigger would rotate the turret but would not open the air chamber, which is why I opened it to begin with
2: There's a lid thing on the tank, and it doesn't seem to open
3: I can't figure out where this piece goes, it's not in the writeup at all

Posted Image

Any suggestions? The piece is not broken off of something, and I believe it has something to do with opening he cover on the tank, the sliver gone from it might also be a piece missing, I'm not sure. Any help from anybody who actually owns one of these is greatly appreciated.

Internals at bottom of page, thanks a lot oodalumps and Jlego .

Edited by Blue, 19 May 2009 - 11:14 PM.

#2 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 12:56 AM

The turret rotates and everything without it, but I think it somehow stops the turret once it's gone halfway or something so the holes line up when the air tank goes off. I think I might have to glue the trigger to the pin, because right now the gun won't shoot unless you pull it a tin bit farther than the shell allows. My main problem is the tank cover, how do I have it open? Can I just remove it?

#3 oodalumps

oodalumps

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:47 AM

The tank cover opens when you have a Larami dart in the turret. The dart presses a white spring-loaded peg down that moves the tank cover when the turret spins.

That piece you can't figure out goes under the back of the turret. It stops it from spinning backwards.

And like bob said, you're missing an L shaped piece that makes the air release. You can glue the spring or make a new piece.

#4 fallinouttadabox

fallinouttadabox

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 12:31 PM

I think I might have to glue the trigger to the pin, because right now the gun won't shoot unless you pull it a tiny bit farther than the shell allows.

Instead of glueing the trigger to the pin, try putting something small (maybe a ball of glue) behind the spring on the pin so that it compresses sooner. This will allow you to keep the spring while shortening the trigger pull slightly.

Edited by fallinouttadabox, 19 May 2009 - 12:31 PM.

fallinouttadabox (intentionally lowercase): sometimes you want to be somewhere between thinking in the box and thinking out of the box. Trust me, I would know.

#5 Jlego

Jlego

One Armed Clan

• Moderators
  • 252 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 12:55 PM

Posted Image
That's pretty much all there is to it. It is rather important though.

I think I might have to glue the trigger to the pin, because right now the gun won't shoot unless you pull it a tiny bit farther than the shell allows.

Instead of glueing the trigger to the pin, try putting something small (maybe a ball of glue) behind the spring on the pin so that it compresses sooner. This will allow you to keep the spring while shortening the trigger pull slightly.

Unfortunately, this is a bad plan, because unless you are really careful you'll mess up the timing with when it releases air and when it rotates. That means that if you glue the trigger-valve connection, you can make it so the valve-turret connection doesn't line up when the air is released, which could end in a sm1k that doesn't shoot further than a stock maverick. So just leave it be, it works fine without modding that particular part of it.
~Jaxon of the LGLF

Gears: Ice9 and I have a relationship similar to that of myself and Jax.
liska: You snuggles?
Gears: The nerfers most likely to engage in a threesome.

I've seen you use an arrowstorm!!

#6 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:30 PM

Okay, thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it. I will try out placing the piece there, but I'm wondering if the piece had a little bit shattered, because it has a little sliver missing. Bob, email me.

#7 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 11:10 PM

You guys were great in the help, so I decided to make a guide on how to put the internals back, with more pictures than blisters.

Posted Image

You should have 3 pieces, but one has a little lever thing on a torsion spring. This doesn't come apart on it's own, but if it does it's pretty obvious how to put it back based on the following pictures.

Posted Image

Put the turret in.

Posted Image

Put the lever piece in, the lever should be pressed into a groove in the turret.

Posted Image

Put the turret stopper piece in.

Posted Image

And then put the trigger mechanism on. Now your turret will rotate and stop by pulling the trigger.

Thanks again everyone, I'll post a new topic if I need more help.

Sm1k Internals Larami Supermaxx 1000

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users