Photo

Angel Breech Question

7 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Choeif

Mr Choeif

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:17 AM

How well will something like the Angel breech (for the longshot) work with stock streamline darts? Is this breech version any more likely to be compatible with stock streamlines? Are there any in the mod directory that are made for the darts I'm using?

http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=18952

I wouldn't want to go through the trouble of making one only to find out that the darts are too big/small to make it worth it. Thanks!

Edited by Mr. Choeif, 10 July 2010 - 02:20 AM.

#2 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:19 AM

I asked FA24 the same question - the answer is no, it will only work with stefans.
Fugly is a feature.

#3 Mr Choeif

Mr Choeif

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:21 AM

Ah, very well then. None of them then?

#4 MindWarrior

MindWarrior

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:45 AM

BULL, You can use stock streamlines, just takes a modification to the design like SGNerf Did HERE. I Do suggest going down a size for the brass though.
QUOTE(Ryan201821 @ Jan 2 2010, 03:20 PM) View Post

Seriously, no penis pumps or dildos on your Nerf blasters.

REVOLUTION BABY!

#5 cheerios

cheerios

• Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 08:59 AM

Do a Hereticorp style breech if I remember right it was built to use stock streamlines.

Edited by cheerios, 10 July 2010 - 09:00 AM.

22:46- jakejagan :Ryan, did you hear that Zeke's BBBB made N9 bleed?
22:47- Zorn :BONUS

#6 nate the great

nate the great

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 09:47 AM

If you make it SGNerf's way, use 17/32" for the main barrel, it works a lot better for streamline darts.
PRI you are a fucking idiot.

2 slingshot weights is basically a steel bullet with a foam sabot
-Mr BadWrench

You have a tampon on your gun. There's your problem.
-Hi Yah!

Join the Revolution!

#7 SgNerf

SgNerf

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 10:47 AM

Yup, if you are planning to use stock streamlines, then going for 17/32" brass for the barrel and 9/16" for the bolt could be an alternative setup.

You can still stick with 9/16" brass for the barrel and 19/32" for the bolt, but then you'd probably need to make deeper tightening rings in the barrel due to the narrower OD of streamlines.

Though i'd kinda question the choice of using streamlines in an air-tight brass breeched Longshot 'cos from my experience, streamlines are way too inaccurate in modded blasters.

So if you are eventually going to use custom weighted foam darts or stefans, then sticking with 9/16" barrels might be a better idea, so that you'd have wider flexibility in FBR and foam dart choices.

Edited by SgNerf, 10 July 2010 - 10:49 AM.

Nerf News & Reviews! >> http://www.sgnerf.blogspot.com
Nerf Mod Guides! >> http://www.modworks.blogspot.com

#8 Mr Choeif

Mr Choeif

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:55 AM

Excellent. I'll be implementing your design SgNerf and using 9/16" for the barrel. The reason that I'm not using stefans or custom darts is that FBR is extremely hard to find in my area. I've been to all of the stores I can think of several times. Thanks very much everyone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users