A Work in Progress

31 replies to this topic

#26 Lt Stefan

Lt Stefan

• Members
  • 892 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:31 PM

Real 2k tanks don't have one, so why should this? You would just not plug whatever pump you are using.

#27 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 828 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 02:51 PM

If you want, I'll send you the CAD files, assuming you use Autodesk Inventor or AutoCAD.

I'm thinking about making a whole writeup, if anyone is interested. This can be made entirely with a lathe and drill press.

Well I use Solidworks, but If you send me the DWG file, I can convert it from there.
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#28 MindWarrior

MindWarrior

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 03:31 PM

Real 2k tanks don't have one, so why should this? You would just not plug whatever pump you are using.

I think that This tank is a lot sturdier than the real thing, meaning that higher pressures could be made and may make it non-war legal.
QUOTE(Ryan201821 @ Jan 2 2010, 03:20 PM) View Post

Seriously, no penis pumps or dildos on your Nerf blasters.

REVOLUTION BABY!

#29 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 828 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:51 PM

I think that This tank is a lot sturdier than the real thing, meaning that higher pressures could be made and may make it non-war legal.

And This is why it was recommend to not plug the pump to ensure that safe pressures are used, and I actually recommend in using a pressure gage to also improve consistences.
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#30 roboman

roboman

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:33 PM

If you want, I'll send you the CAD files, assuming you use Autodesk Inventor or AutoCAD.

I'm thinking about making a whole writeup, if anyone is interested. This can be made entirely with a lathe and drill press.

Well I use Solidworks, but If you send me the DWG file, I can convert it from there.

That's not a problem. I'll convert it ASAP.

EDIT: What file format does Solidworks use? I discovered I can export the CAD files so they are compatible with other software.

ANOTHER EDIT:

If I get a chance to, I will see if I can use my college's CNC lathe to make a perfect metal to Derlin/metal seal.

If you do, and it works, would you send me the CAD files for it? My high school has two HAAS CNC lathes, and I'm allowed to use them :D

Yes, that is true, but you would also have to have appropriate tubing to convey that air to the tank. In a normal AT2K, the tubing is rather small, and cannot handle much pressure. In my experience, this is usually the weakest link. "Stock" 2K tanks have fairly thick walls, and can handle quite a bit of pressure.

Besides, you can always simply add an adjustable pop-off safety valve or a regulator in between the pump and the valve.

Edited by roboman, 14 June 2010 - 06:58 PM.

Youtube

LS and Retaliator boltsleds are currently available at https://www.facebook.com/RoboM8/

#31 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts
  • State:Washington
  • u/LukeKoboJobo on Reddit

Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:58 PM

You're still limited by the fact that this is a pin valve, and higher pressures make the trigger pull much harder. Unless this thing has a tiny sealing surface, there's no reason to add a safety valve.

#32 roboman

roboman

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:10 AM

You're still limited by the fact that this is a pin valve, and higher pressures make the trigger pull much harder. Unless this thing has a tiny sealing surface, there's no reason to add a safety valve.

The sealing face is about 3/8". Let's say the tank pressure is 40 psi. That would be a ~4.4 lb trigger pull.

I'll probably add a safety valve anyways.

Youtube

LS and Retaliator boltsleds are currently available at https://www.facebook.com/RoboM8/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users