DC area war

55 replies to this topic

#26 sharvil06

sharvil06

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 05:42 PM

Yeah, it should be a lot of fun.

I have a Berserker now, so I won't need to borrow a gun. Unfortunately, the only modifications I'll have time to do is AR removal, but that won't stop the war from being fun. :)

Anyone else interested in organizing more regular wars? I was thinking we could try for one every two weeks with intermissions and carpools for more major wars. Let me know here.

If Lake Artemesia works well, we could do more wars here, but I'm willing to try any place in the DC area.

I am totally game for hosting a war and/or having this be a sort of regular thing, BUT the only way it would be worth it to me is if we had a solid group of people that FOR SURE would be there. I can't commit to driving up there twice a month if only 4 or 5 will show up, but the concept is great.

Also, just a reminder to attendees: Bring your CASH, I am bringing a few boxes full of stuff to sell. I don't want my sales to stop or hinder the actual war, but during lunch or before/after will work well.

Remember we were talking about Cranky hosting the DCNO? I have PM'd him multiple times so far and he hasn't replied in over a long time so I don't think he is going to be hosting it. Would it be possible for you to host a war at Beale Elementary School (old DCNO location) in Rockviile, as we were talking about doing before?

#27 Phree Agent

Phree Agent

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 02:12 AM

Yeah Cranky showed up for like a week a little while back and sounded enthusiastic, but nothing definite about DCNO. I would love to have one, and I feel like others opinions would match mine. The problem is, those are big shoes to fill. I have never hosted a war before, and I don't think DCNO would be a good place to start. Also, I feel like to host DCNO you have to be knighted by Cranky himself; it has been his gig. Anyone else have opinions on this/have talked to Cranky not too long ago/ know if anything about DCNO has been talked about at all?

Sorry if this is highjacking your thread Doom, although this is a decent place for people in the area to discuss this. We can move elsewhere though if you say so haha.

Edited by Phree Agent, 29 June 2010 - 02:15 AM.

#28 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:02 AM

This is a war thread. Discuss this war here. If you want to discuss another war, start a new war thread.

#29 nate the great

nate the great

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:41 PM

I know that this is a little late, but could someone sell me some wyes at the war? Also if anyone has a longshot breech/thing that conects to the boltsled and pushes the spring back. PM me if you could help me out and sell me this stuff.
PRI you are a fucking idiot.

2 slingshot weights is basically a steel bullet with a foam sabot
-Mr BadWrench

You have a tampon on your gun. There's your problem.
-Hi Yah!

Join the Revolution!

#30 Phree Agent

Phree Agent

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:47 PM

It is me plus 2 guests for sure now.

I have no wyes either, so I can't help you out.

#31 T dog

T dog

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:27 PM

Though it breaks my heart to say it, I can no longer make it. Curse you short notice changes in my work schedule!!!
Grains not brains!

#32 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 05:47 PM

I'm a no go as well, sadly. Things just didn't work out this time.
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#33 Shockwave

Shockwave

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:22 PM

I will be there tomorrow. I'm bringing a broken Hornet so if anyone wants it for parts or modding just ask me

#34 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 09:40 PM

So...I had a few primaries shipped from home, but they have not arrived yet. The only thing I have to shoot with at the moment is a stock SM1K that I bought earlier this week and am in the process of modding, plus a BBB that I got from Target about an hour ago. I have darts, although some of them are from past wars and some from a last minute Home Depot run. Basically, I'm about as prepared for DC area nerfing as the federal government is for cleaning up oil. It would be awesome if someone can bring a loaner primary and a loaner pistol for me tomorrow. PETG would be amazing too, it would allow me to finish the SM1K mod, which has no barrels. That could be done on-site.

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)
NYC Nerf Ops - Nerf in New York City itself
NJ Nerf Ops - Nerf in New Jersey
CT Nerf Ops - Nerf in Connecticut

UNO also has a Discord server, DM me on Discord to join (@vincentdrake)

-----------------------------------------------
My other groups:
Nerf Thrifters - A group for posting thrifts and other second-hand finds

#35 Phree Agent

Phree Agent

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 09:54 PM

DX I have some thinwall PETG, I don't know if that will fit your purposes. Also, I will have a few mediocre primaries that I can lend out.

Everyone remember your cash ;) I have loaded my jeep with a plethora of blasters to sell.

#36 Shockwave

Shockwave

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:02 PM

Any old school nerf for sale, phree?

#37 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:41 PM

Fuck umm

I actually might have to cancel attendance, and this is why -

I have to leave this Sat (spending the 4th in Boston) and while there are trains offered that depart DC in the afternoon, no one wants to pick me up in Boston wicked late at night (it's a 7 hour train ride).

My choices are:

A 9 AM train that gets me there at a reasonable hour, but causes me to miss the war
A 1 PM train that gets in later, but lets me take part in some of the war

I'll decide within half an hour. Really don't want to bail, but also really don't want to get in late. I'm definitely interested in that thinwall PETG, if I can't come, please get Ben (Doom) to buy it for me and I'll pay him back.

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)

My other groups:

#38 Doom

Doom

NH's Official In-House Physicist

• Administrators
  • 559 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:38 PM

The weather at the war should be fantastic.

I'll be standing near the building on one end of the peninsula shown in the aerial photo at 9:50 AM.

DX, no problem. I'll buy you some PETG if you want some.

Edited by Doom, 02 July 2010 - 11:39 PM.

#39 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:48 PM

This was kind of a last minute thing that some of my friends threw together. I didn't know we'd be going to Boston else I wouldn't be booking tickets at quarter to 1. I decided that the early afternoon train isn't worth it. I'd have to go all the way out to College Park for like 2 rounds, then go all the way back to Tenleytown to switch stuff and then all the way back out to Union Station. That's like an hour and a half of Metro travel for a handful of rounds, if that. And with no real primary or pistol.

So yeah, I'm going to have to scratch. Hate doing that, only the 2nd time in 5 years. But, whatever, I know there is interest in more wars around the area and by then I'll have my proper guns, proper darts and all.

Thanks about the PETG, please buy as much of it as you can (like 10ft if there is 10ft). My usual white foam is perfect for thinwall PETG and too tight in most other barrel materials.

My other groups:

#40 nate the great

nate the great

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 03:51 PM

Yeah! First to recap.
Pros:
Lots of fun people to Nerf with
Great location
None of my guns breaking

Cons:
Had to leave early
Park didn't have tons of cover; I'll make sure to bring mobstacles next time!

It was fun Nerfing with you guys and I hope to have another war there soon/ end of summer!
PRI you are a fucking idiot.

2 slingshot weights is basically a steel bullet with a foam sabot
-Mr BadWrench

You have a tampon on your gun. There's your problem.
-Hi Yah!

Join the Revolution!

#41 Shockwave

Shockwave

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 03:57 PM

It was alot of fun! But yeah the lack of cover was unfortunate. It was my first real nerf war and I enjoyed it alot! I just still wish I had gone to see how the park was before I dragged my box half way around the lake putting a hole in it :D

#42 Phree Agent

Phree Agent

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 05:50 PM

Just got home, traffic wasn't too too awful.

Thanks again to Doom for hosting, it was a very fun war. The location wasn't prime, but it was not bad either I just would have preferred slightly more cover. I liked that the spectrum of blasters was so big today, it made the war much more fun and less repetitive I think. Everyone present today was really chill and it was nice to meet you all, and as said earlier I hope we can organize and get this kind of thing happening more often.

To sum today up:

Awesome people
Variety of blasters
Weather was perfect
We need to do it again soon

#43 Naes Draw

Naes Draw

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 12:24 PM

Yeah. For the most part things were good. I had some crappy traffic on my end. :P

My NF also had the plunger rod come out, but when I put it back, I also added a maglite in with a switch, so that's cool.

People were awesome, and I'm glad, as is Shockwave I imagine that I brought that cart.

Picture!
Posted Image

A few others here.

Hope to see people elsewhere!
The nerfer with the green goggles.

|||||)

#44 Shockwave

Shockwave

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 12:34 PM

Yeah. For the most part things were good. I had some crappy traffic on my end. :P

My NF also had the plunger rod come out, but when I put it back, I also added a maglite in with a switch, so that's cool.

People were awesome, and I'm glad, as is Shockwave I imagine that I brought that cart.

Picture!
Posted Image

A few others here.

Hope to see people elsewhere!

Yes, thank you for bringing your cart!

#45 Doom

Doom

NH's Official In-House Physicist

• Administrators
  • 559 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 10:45 PM

Thanks to everyone who came out.

I should have made parking a little more clear. And I also should have made it more clear that the field is a decent walk from any parking lot. Apologies to those who had difficulties because of this.

I'm looking forward to more wars in the area. If someone doesn't beat me to a new thread in the next few days I'll make one about planning biweekly wars.

#46 T dog

T dog

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 07:27 AM

I think it's been confirmed that the University of Maryland will be hosting their Dart of War on the 18th, so two weeks from now is covered!
Grains not brains!

#47 Phree Agent

Phree Agent

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:31 AM

Hmm is there anywhere to get some more information on Dart of war? UMDnerf doesn't seem to be advertising much this year hahah.

Edited by Phree Agent, 05 July 2010 - 09:32 AM.

#48 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:45 AM

It's been set up as an event on Facebook.
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#49 stealthninja6400

stealthninja6400

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:54 PM

Can you make a new war in July. I would love to come and I porbably be able to. Please respond.

#50 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:46 PM

I would be willing to host a war in a TBD location on the 24th or 31st if there is interest.

My other groups:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users