Singled Longshot Broken?

34 replies to this topic

#26 tomorrowsDarkness

tomorrowsDarkness

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • State:Ohio

Posted 23 May 2010 - 05:41 PM

http://s571.photobuc...nt=VID00004.flv ( photo bucket is being gay today...)
well i thought BBB since u said 100 and i think that might sell better than 90 or 80 but 80 or 90 would be nice

Alright. I didn't know if it was couplered or not. Well, I'm not sure what the problem might be, but it could be where you're cocking it, and when you go to uncock the gun, the seal isn't being made with the plunger tube. Try moving the plunger tube back a bit, so when you cock it, it takes a bit to force the gun to finish priming. Other than that, I'm not too sure how the couplers work, as the only mod I've really done were Maverick basic mods, and the LS mod.

Edit: Okay, maybe not couplered, just using a PVC bar to prime it. Umm, by the looks of it, you aren't getting any pressure when you fire it the first to times from the video I watched, and then the third shot and your priming bar flies off. Try gluing/rubber cement/something all of the attachments. (The priming bar to the 3-elbow, w/e it's called, and that might help some. Just make sure you can still prime it/load it.

Edited by tomorrowsDarkness, 23 May 2010 - 05:47 PM.

Elder of the Brothers Bradshaw.

#27 Elemental Storm

Elemental Storm

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 05:46 PM

ok, so you want me to move the orange piece back or make the priming bar cpvc longer?
the coupler is just for awsome reasons it dose nothing but look nice xD

Edited by Elemental Storm, 23 May 2010 - 05:47 PM.

(\__/)
(+'.'+) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") into your profile to help him gain world domination. (yes i found this on another profile)

#28 tomorrowsDarkness

tomorrowsDarkness

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 05:49 PM

ok, so you want me to move the orange piece back or make the priming bar cpvc longer?
the coupler is just for awsome reasons it dose nothing but look nice xD

Read above, just in case you don't notice the edit.

And move the orange piece closer to the plunger tube.

#29 Elemental Storm

Elemental Storm

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 05:53 PM

yea how do i move it :3 ??? just for info i did do ice's singled LS mod so...yea.

Edited by Elemental Storm, 23 May 2010 - 05:54 PM.

(\__/)
(")_(") into your profile to help him gain world domination. (yes i found this on another profile)

#30 tomorrowsDarkness

tomorrowsDarkness

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:22 PM

yea how do i move it :3 ??? just for info i did do ice's singled LS mod so...yea.

If you have a dremel, try sanding down some space behind the back of the plunger tube, and see if you can find something to keep it in place when you move it back.

#31 Elemental Storm

Elemental Storm

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:50 PM

yea no drmal so thats a problem

(\__/)

#32 Elemental Storm

Elemental Storm

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:28 PM

BUMP: i think im gona try and add a 2nd o-ring and see if that dose anything..I hope so i dont have that much time to sell it if it dosent go 80-90 T-T

Edited by Elemental Storm, 23 May 2010 - 08:29 PM.

(\__/)

#33 Elemental Storm

Elemental Storm

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:03 PM

BUMP x2: ok so air is leaking from the orange chamber how should i go at it to fix it?? :ph34r:

(\__/)

#34 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 24 May 2010 - 01:16 AM

Which way is it leaking? From behind would mean the plunger seal. From the front would mean the bolt seal. (And from the side would mean a cracked plunger tube. :ph34r: )

In post #6 of this thread I wrote up how to tell from just cycling the plunger. Or, you can be sure and try working it under water to see which way the bubbles form.

However, in addition to fixing your blaster, you gotta fix your posting style - correct spelling, capitalization and punctuation are mandatory. Phail that, and you'll get a forced vacation. Also, 'bumping' a thread where you're the most recent replier is idiotic. Just click on the 'edit' button and append your stuff, will you?

Also, if this is your first mod, the Longshot isn't a really good choice. As you've found out, it has a lot of moving parts, and they all have some close tolerances. Also, while the whole CS-6 magazine (and CS-36 drum) looks cool and all, they are often more trouble than they're worth. You get a lot of crunched darts, etc. Plus, the magazines need some serious attention to work with stefans.

If you're just starting out, take a look at what this guy did to a NiteFinder and start there.

BTW, I started out in Nerf modding by working on a Longshot, too. It worked, and got across what I wanted it to (an internal shotgun action) but overall, it was a big waste of time and effort. I have a hell of a lot more fun modding Tech Target Guns and Nite Finders these days.
Fugly is a feature.

#35 Elemental Storm

Elemental Storm

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 04:29 PM

You get a lot of crunched darts, etc. Plus, the magazines need some serious attention to work with stefans.

This is singled so i don't have that problem.

So i did the underwater test and i had some packing tape on the front peice of the orange tubeing(where the leak is) and no bubbles are comming from the front now :lol:. so i guess tape dose fix everything :D. thanks for showing me your Longshot mod i think i will do that on my friends Longshot.

EDIT: so today yesterday i glued in a new and longer cpvc barrel. I found out that the reason it was shoting it 2-3 shots was that the T coupler had nothing to attach to since it was to short for it to "hook on" so now that its longer twonrds the orange berral it shoots in 1 shot ^_^

Edited by Elemental Storm, 26 May 2010 - 09:27 PM.

(\__/)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users