Gearbox?

Would an airsoft gearbox work?

3 replies to this topic

#1 chickens1127

chickens1127

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 03:14 PM

Title says it all, could a Version II airsoft AEG gearbox be able to re-cock a spring. Obviusly, I'd expect no better then 30 feet, but this would be one HELL of a good CQB battle indoors on rainy days. This would allow a selector switch and everything.

Edited by chickens1127, 10 April 2010 - 03:14 PM.

#2 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 03:33 PM

Take a look at a vulcan.

re-evaluate your question.
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

#3 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 05:55 PM

The loading mech would negate any benefit that the speed of a AS gearbox would give you. Bear in mind airsoft plunger tubes are no larger then a nightfinders. You'd be better off making a good NF that vacuum loads.

Edited by Blacksunshine, 10 April 2010 - 05:56 PM.

Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#4 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:53 AM

Title says it all, could a Version II airsoft AEG gearbox be able to re-cock a spring. Obviusly, I'd expect no better then 30 feet, but this would be one HELL of a good CQB battle indoors on rainy days. This would allow a selector switch and everything.

Concept threads are not permitted. You have made every common new member mistake, so take 3 months off to re-read the board rules.

http://nerfhaven.com...?act=boardrules
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users