Montreal Nerf War - Summer 2009 Video!

With music!

7 replies to this topic

#1 Yazzeh

Yazzeh

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:19 AM

I know from some of my war videos it seems like all we do is sword fight with a dash of gun play, but that's mostly because during Nerf Gun games there's few if anyone willing to take video, and also because as fun as shooting darts is, it doesn't make for very good editing footage.

Anyhow, here's the war from last summer! It went okay, seeing as we had a low number of players again (the war before this one had 21, in this one we had about 8-9)

I'll post up the Nerf War from this winter later.

Video

Let me know what you think of the wars here or on Youtube! If you live nearby and are interested in coming to play, let me know. The next Nerf War will be January 2011. I'm changing the weapons allowed to Guns and Daggers (1 foot weapons) only. I'll be producing about 15 more simple daggers for renting.

#2 Yazzeh

Yazzeh

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:44 AM

Here`s the Nerf War that was hosted February of this year

Video

Please let me know what you think! I love feedback.

#3 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 09:45 AM

I'll be honest.

I see a lot of larping and dry humping.
This makes me sad.

You should drive 5 hours South West and join the heart of Canadian Nerfing.

There is a war coming up soon.
Vengeance
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#4 Yazzeh

Yazzeh

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:52 PM

I'll be honest.

This makes me sad.

Vengeance

The only Larpish thing we do is Zombie, which is the favourite of pretty much everyone who comes to my wars. You see it as dry humping, but you don`t really understand the feeling of playing the game.

And no, I don`t think I`ll drive 5 hours anywhere to play with people as narrow minded about what to do with foam weapons as you seem to be.

#5 Dude13

Dude13

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:50 PM

I'll be honest.

This makes me sad.

Vengeance

The only Larpish thing we do is Zombie, which is the favourite of pretty much everyone who comes to my wars. You see it as dry humping, but you don`t really understand the feeling of playing the game.

And no, I don`t think I`ll drive 5 hours anywhere to play with people as narrow minded about what to do with foam weapons as you seem to be.

You could wait about a month or so until I decide to host the next SCANO. We usually have a few people who decide to use weapons that could be used in LARPing (swords, daggers, etc.), at the last SCANO we had a round of Teams of 2 and the winning team consisted of 2 sword-wielders.

You really think the creator of the Nerf Lancer and Eyes of Fire is narrow minded about what to do with foam weapons? Really?

HvZ is a LARPish gametype? Since when? It is more like a game of Chain Tag or Octopus than anything else.

As for driving 5 hours, We have had many attendees drive up from the Northern United States to attend many wars. Most notable being SlowGuitarMan and Codename Pending.

Just my two cents.

#6 Yazzeh

Yazzeh

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:47 PM

You could wait about a month or so until I decide to host the next SCANO. We usually have a few people who decide to use weapons that could be used in LARPing (swords, daggers, etc.), at the last SCANO we had a round of Teams of 2 and the winning team consisted of 2 sword-wielders.

You really think the creator of the Nerf Lancer and Eyes of Fire is narrow minded about what to do with foam weapons? Really?

HvZ is a LARPish gametype? Since when? It is more like a game of Chain Tag or Octopus than anything else.

As for driving 5 hours, We have had many attendees drive up from the Northern United States to attend many wars. Most notable being SlowGuitarMan and Codename Pending.

Just my two cents.

I was just responding to FA saying that there was a lot of LARPing and a lot of dry humping.

It`s more like HvZ, tackle football style.

As for being narrow minded about foam weapons, it doesn`t have to do with being a creative genius with guns. It has to do with not being open to things other than guns (which are designed with the intent to look cool, work well, and be safe).

Finally, though I love seeing what everyone on this site does and how everyone tries to keep this place classy, I`m a casual Nerfer. I`m not all that willing to personally go somewhere far away to play. It`s why I host my own wars locally.

The swords were initially to attract the pre-existing sword-fighting community we have in Montreal (hundreds of fighters who fight every Sunday on the mountain in the middle of Montreal). They aren`t LARPers. They just love the sport, like we just love the sport of Nerf.

Once they saw that Nerf guns were just as fun as the swords could be, I could make more gun-oriented Nerf Wars. Which is what I`m planning now. I`m removing swords and hammers and stop-signs from the Nerf Wars and restricting them to Sword Wars alone (which we do outdoors). Nerf Wars will be guns and daggers only.

#7 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 06:16 PM

It is more narrow minded to ask for feed back. Then resort to name calling, When you don't get the feedback you wanted.

Go hump a stop sign.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#8 Yazzeh

Yazzeh

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 11:14 PM

It is more narrow minded to ask for feed back. Then resort to name calling, When you don't get the feedback you wanted.

Go hump a stop sign.

Feedback doesn't include insulting what I and my friends find fun by calling it 'dry humping'.

I didn't resort to name calling. Your 'feedback' was narrow minded, so I told you it was.

This thread has outlived it's usefulness.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users