Removing Super Glue Connecting Brass And Plastic

Involving Angel breech

38 replies to this topic

#26 cpl pupdum

cpl pupdum

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 11:09 PM

He said its gorrilla glue. It is way stronger than super glue. it is also a different type of glue.

Edited by cpl pupdum, 26 February 2010 - 11:11 PM.

=rand() [hit enter]
fly eagles fly

"Wow, Bob, wow"
the man from another place, twin peaks

#27 NerfBounty

NerfBounty

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 11:11 PM

At this point I'm more interested in saving the dart chamber for a singled longshot. Any tips?
"If you're not against the system, you are the system." -That 70's Show

#28 Jagiro

Jagiro

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 12:19 AM

It won't man
Ah women, they makes the highs high and lows more frequent.

#29 NerfBounty

NerfBounty

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 12:22 AM

So am I totally screwed over or is there a bit of hope? If there is no hope I'd like to buy a dart chamber please anyone got one?

Edited by NerfBounty, 27 February 2010 - 12:22 AM.

#30 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 12:27 AM

So, this is not the nub, correct?

If I'm interpreting you correctly, the following is what I would do.

Break off the nub. Enough prying will break off almost anything from brass unless it's welded. Take out the black piece and once again pull and twist. If you did the bolt HC's way, it will be a lot harder, but if you did it Angel's original way, that black nub will come off pretty damn easy if all you used is gorilla glue. If it becomes apparent that you're going to need to bend brass to get stuff detached, then I would go for it. Brass is much easier to replace.

#31 NerfBounty

NerfBounty

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 12:29 AM

It's the chamber there is no bolt it's the brass barrel gorilla glued into the dart chamber. Chamber

#32 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 12:38 AM

Ooooh, I know what you're talking about now. Why would you glue your barrel into that? So much easier/lower risk to glue it into the faux barrel, which is easily replaceable with other pipes.

But honestly, same thing applies. It's fucking gorrilla glue on brass. It can't be that hard. Have your dad help if you can't do it.

#33 Jagiro

Jagiro

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 01:28 AM

sorry man i thoguht there was only one page, single it. it'll give you range and save you your money

#34 Airsoftguy777

Airsoftguy777

Do not buy/sell with this member

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 301 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 01:36 AM

sorry man i thoguht there was only one page, single it. it'll give you range and save you your money

But lose the best part about LongShots, the ROF.
Nerf in Texas? Join us. <a href="http://texasnerf.lefora.com/" target="_blank">http://texasnerf.lefora.com/</a>

#35 Jagiro

Jagiro

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 01:46 AM

Screw it. if you want your 40-50 dollars not to be wasted, single it.

#36 NerfBounty

NerfBounty

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 10:17 AM

Ooooh, I know what you're talking about now. Why would you glue your barrel into that? So much easier/lower risk to glue it into the faux barrel, which is easily replaceable with other pipes.

But honestly, same thing applies. It's fucking gorrilla glue on brass. It can't be that hard. Have your dad help if you can't do it.

That's not how Angel breeches work. The barrel is on the left.

#37 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 01:50 PM

I know how angel breeches work. My longshot has one. You just said you glued it into the dart chamber, and I'm guessing this is the same part labeled dart chamber in CS's pic. If so, then yes, that was really stupid, but easily undo-able.

#38 NerfBounty

NerfBounty

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 03:26 PM

I know how angel breeches work. My longshot has one. You just said you glued it into the dart chamber, and I'm guessing this is the same part labeled dart chamber in CS's pic. If so, then yes, that was really stupid, but easily undo-able.

I dipped it in boiling water, and now it's fixed ,but Tantum in an Angel Breech you glue the left part of the breech into the Chamber.

#39 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 04:53 PM

I dipped it in boiling water, and now it's fixed ,but Tantum in an Angel Breech you glue the left part of the breech into the Chamber.

Just because someone does it that way in a write-up, doesn't mean its the only or best way to do it. Instead of mindlessly copying someone's instructions, at each step, think to yourself and see if there is an easier or better way of doing it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users