Fastblast Crayola Mod

Singled and some more goodies.

19 replies to this topic

#1 flyingpie77

flyingpie77

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 04:26 PM

I've been a member of NH and NHQ and I have yet to see any modifications on the Fastblast. I've Heard a lot of people saying that its a horrible gun and people should not even bother to mod it. I personally love the gun, mostly because it's different then most guns and that it gets desent ranges. So, without further adue, my Fastblast:

>>>>>Parts.

Materials:
1/2" PVC
1/2" PVC Coupler
Crayola Barrel(If you don't know what this is click here)
Epoxy or Plumber's goop
Tools:
Drill
1/8 drill bit
Pipe cutter

>>>>> Improved air flow.

First off we're going to increase airflow. First unscrew the gun. There's no use in unscrewing the plunger so don't bother. I don't have any internal pics so try to follow along. Once opened Take out the pungler tube. It looks like this:

Posted Image

Now you want to take the tubing off the nub at the end of the plunger tube. It looks like this:

Posted Image

Now take your 1/8" drill bit and center it as much as you can. Drill it until your through. You could use a slightly bigger bit but 1/8 was the only one I had at the moment.

>>>>>Crayola barrel.

So I really disliked the turret on the Fastblast so I chucked it and decided to single it. So first off ditch the turret assembly. The peices look like this:

Posted Image

Next is the crayola barrel. First make your barrel if you haven't already. Next mix your epoxy or get your plumber's goop out and put it on the bottom of the crayola barrel and stick it on the blue piece that's connected to the plunger tube. Make sure it's centered over the nub in the center. The blue piece looks like this:

Posted Image

Next is to glue on the coupler. Put some epoxy/plumber's goop on the bottom and stick it to the blue piece so the crayola barrel is in the center of the coupler. Also it should be sitting on the ridge around the top of the blue piece. It should now look like this:

Posted Image

Now close it up. The last step is to cut some 1/2" peice of PVC. Mine are 7" and 13" but you could have what ever length you want. you could even make a breech if you want to.

THATS IT!

To load it put a dart in the crayola barrel then put the pvc in the coupler and shoot.

Pie out.

Edited by flyingpie77, 28 February 2010 - 03:37 PM.

Why does this involve Goldfish? This unsettles me.

#2 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:20 PM

Good to see the fastblast I sent you actually got some good use! What are the ranges on it

Thanks for the titan as well, I'm modding it at the moment.

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

#3 flyingpie77

flyingpie77

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:26 PM

Your welcome and thanks. Did you get the titan open yet. I didn't do any internal mods to it because I could never get the darn thing open, But back on topic, I couldn't take ranges yet because it's been pouring rain outside since wednesday.

#4 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Oregon
  • u/Parabolictoys on Reddit

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:31 PM

I don't get it. If you have 1/2" PVC, why use the Crayola barrel? They are only suited to stock ammo anyway, why not actually make not suck? Also, why single a blaster who's SOLE gimmick is the turret? It just seems like you made it a SlowBlast now.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#5 flyingpie77

flyingpie77

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:35 PM

The 1/2" PVC acts as a shroud for the crayola barrel so the dart doesnt have just the length of the crayola barrel to travel through. Also instead of having to ramrod a bullet down the 1/2" PVC you can just put it in the crayola barrel. And for the turret I hated the rotator mechfor it. It annoyed the shit out of me because you could never figure out which dart would come out because sometimes if you didnt pull the plunger back enough it wouldn't rotate the barrel so it wouldn't fire anything.

Edited by flyingpie77, 25 February 2010 - 05:38 PM.

#6 HOTH

HOTH

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 557 posts
  • State:California

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:35 PM

Good work. I have never really seen a Fastblast mod, probably because they suck. Hard.
My YouTube

Solved the Rubik's Cube in 46 seconds

"Nobody understands quantum mechanics" - Richard Feynman

#7 flyingpie77

flyingpie77

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:54 PM

They sorta suck. I just mesure and I got about 40'. I was getting frustated though because the crayola barrel was crooked so when I put the PVC on the dart would hit the top of the PVC and would dive bomb. With the PVC I got 20' max. But I'm working on it so it should be good. And thanks

#8 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:25 PM

Dang, better than we ever got out of it! We usually used it for defending stairwells while our fellow humans ran from the hordes...

And yea, I got it open, but mauled the back shell a bit. I only removed the front trigger and the weird button on the side. I have yet to rebarrel it, though I have to get that done before the war at my church tomorrow.

#9 flyingpie77

flyingpie77

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:29 PM

Haha, nice. On the titan I always thought the screws were stripped from rust but I guess I was wrong.

#10 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:32 PM

There was one that I needed to drill out, then I lost 2 in my shag carpet.

On the fastblast are you using just hot glue or epoxy? And where is the barrel located? you could probably cut the whole top part off if you place the barrel on the end of the plunger tube, like in a NF.

#11 flyingpie77

flyingpie77

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 09:05 PM

I used epoxy. The barrel goes int eh coupler over the crayola barrel.

#12 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:05 PM

Materials:
1/2" PVC
1/2" PVC Coupler
Crayola Barrel(If you don't know what this is click here)
Reverse spring
Epoxy or Plumber's goop

Maybe I missed something, but what is a reverse spring and what did you use it for?

I'm a little interested by the airflow mod you did to the plunger tube. I wish you had done some before and after testing of just that part to see if it really helps the range. Wouldn't you also have to enlarge the hole in the back of the tank for the other one to have any effect?

Could you theoretically saw off the pvc coupler/barrel and put the turret back in if you wanted? If not I think hooking a Maverick (or similar) turret up and making it auto-rotating with the push-pull action should be your next step. I just can't bring myself to appreciate a singled FastBlast.

Anyways, it's always fun to see a new take on something, but I probably won't be chopping up my FastBlast anytime soon, haha.

Edited by VelveetaAvenger, 25 February 2010 - 11:07 PM.

"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#13 bourbon

bourbon

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 12:21 AM

So is this basically an extremely shitty push-pull gun?

Instead of scrapping the turret completely you could have found out what exactly was making it skip / not fire and fixed it. Even if you're only getting say 20 feet out of the turreted Fastblast I'd rather have five 20 foot shots than one 40 foot one.

#14 flyingpie77

flyingpie77

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 11:25 AM

Hey whatever, I like it, you may not, thats your opinion.

#15 moosa

moosa

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 08:01 AM

And it's completely up to FlyingPie what he does with his own blasters.

Maybe a singled FastBlast would suck, maybe it wouldn't, but he went ahead and tried it and was willing to put together the results for us all to see. If you don't care for the results, then don't do his mod, but it's still a contribution nonetheless.
Yes.

#16 flyingpie77

flyingpie77

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 03:46 PM

Thank you Moosa and VelveetaAvenger I was going to do another part to the mod but then I figured out that it wasn't possible so I didn't do it but left it on the materials list. And a reverse spring is like a bungee cord but in spring form, I don't really know how to discribe it.

#17 flyingpie77

flyingpie77

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 03:56 PM

thanks for clearing that up. Somehow I knew that it was wrong.

#18 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 28 February 2010 - 08:09 PM

Thank you Moosa and VelveetaAvenger I was going to do another part to the mod but then I figured out that it wasn't possible so I didn't do it but left it on the materials list. And a reverse spring is like a bungee cord but in spring form, I don't really know how to discribe it.

It's called an extension spring. The ones we usually see inside plungers and catches are called compression springs.

That's what I was guessing you meant, but I just wanted to clarify in case I missed something.

Anyways, I still hope you put a turret on it someday, but since my next project will also be desecrating a classic blaster a bit I can't hate on you if you leave it singled.
"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#19 ilzot

ilzot

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:00 PM

Nice mod. Cool to see shitty guns get shitty results but still fun and worth the endeavor.

And thanks for linking to my topic :P
QUOTE(Vinnie D. @ Feb 1 2010, 05:28 AM) View Post

... to be able to get a better burst or sustained fire, rather than blowing the whole load at once.

#20 flyingpie77

flyingpie77

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:25 PM

Nice mod. Cool to see shitty guns get shitty results but still fun and worth the endeavor.

I'm guessing thats a complement.

And thanks for linking to my topic :P

Your welcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users