New Guy

New person here.

31 replies to this topic

#26 hellsangel

hellsangel

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 11:57 AM

I can't see the pic but if its a seringe like a think it is after the first pump you would have a vaccum in the pump with no air to move.
What would the robit do? Frame someone! -Futurama

I have 7 kids.
7!? Lady I love my cigar, but I take it out of my mouth once and a while!-Groucho Marks(The End of Live TV)

#27 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 12:19 PM

I tried making my own pump out of PVC, o-rings, and assorted stuff from the scrap pile...and it only led me to more challenges to get the thing done.

There are stores around which have frame-mounted bike pumps (the compact ones) for gosh, under 10 bucks, and they have all the elements of your homemade pump design, without all the hassles. And yes, once the air goes into the air tank by way of the Schrader (tire) valve, it's there to stay until you fire it out (or it leaks out some gaps....God forbid.)

Anyway, I have this neat device to pump/ fire my homemade. It's a combination jump start box/ air compressor for vehicle emergencies. I hook the compressor to my tire valve/ airtank, pump it up (it even has a built-in gauge) to 80 psi, and fire it with the jump start on/off switch, after connecting the + and - leads to the input wires on my solenoid valve, and away it goes....or it supposed to.

Right now I'm figuring out why it doesn't fire, just makes a loud "sea lion" kind of noise and sends my 1 1/2" diameter FBR projectile about 30 feet. I'm pretty sure I have the wrong kind of solenoid valve. Still troubleshooting.

Have fun with your home made!

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#28 Highlander

Highlander

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 03:20 PM

Yeah, I think I'll just buy one than. Just an idea to save money. I haven't had a chance to go search around, but I have a question about darts. Which is better, Stephans or store bought ones? I'm planning on buying and using both, but I just want to know. Also what is a good way to make them? Once again, still got to go search around.
There can be only one!!!

#29 xedice

xedice

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 03:44 PM

newbie noob n00b, they are all the fucking same word. Who cares about assigning meanings to each misspelling of the word, same thing as own and pwn, its just internet jargon spelled in different ways.

Highlander, stefans can outperform store-bought ones (micros/megas) if you spend time making them. However, most people make them in mass quantities because you have to accept the fact you are going to lose darts in wars, period. As a result, stefan performance varies a lot, you could have a really good stefan, or a stefan that fishtails everytime. There are advantages to stefan though;

1.) Cheaper
2.) Easier to obtain
3.) You can load them into nested brass barrels. Micros have the rubber head which is about 5/8" in diameter, and the rubber head has a lot of friction (since its rubber)

Edited by xedice, 29 March 2004 - 03:46 PM.

Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz
Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, Drinkin' beers beers beers
Rollin' fatties, Smokin' blunts
Who smokes the blunts? We smoke the blunts
-Jay

#30 Highlander

Highlander

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 04:07 PM

Ok thanks, think I'll get mostly Stephans than. I read somewere about the material to make them but forgot, so what is it?
There can be only one!!!

#31 Blaster

Blaster

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 04:11 PM

Ok thanks, think I'll get mostly Stephans than. I read somewere about the material to make them but forgot, so what is it?

Poly foam backer rod, or otherwise known as caulk saver.
"The voice of the American people has been heard; and, I won't imitate it, out of respect for the retarded."
— Lewis Black (concerning the 04 election results)
www.lewisblack.net

#32 Oroku Saki

Oroku Saki

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 04:11 PM

Langley wrote a great article on making Stefans, shown here:

http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=1630
"Do you like gladiator movies, Johnny?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users