Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:30 PM

Finished my new priming handle.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

After having several of them break, I decided to make one from aluminum. I don't think this one will be breaking anytime soon.

#52 KaneTheMediocre

KaneTheMediocre

Belligerent Asshole

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 05:07 PM

After having several of them break, I decided to make one from aluminum. I don't think this one will be breaking anytime soon.

I can see that superglue coming undone, but as you mentioned before, you can always add screws or pins
RAINBOW CLAN FTW
I'm Purple

My Half-Baked MHA Site

#53 louiec3

louiec3

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 05:30 PM

Looks similar to my priming handle. Except I still use the stock handle with an aluminum square after what happened to Beaver's.

It looks very durable, but what is the thickness of the aluminum that makes the majority of the handle? Also, is the Piece that goes into the plunger rod machined from the larger piece, or is it a separate piece glued in?

#54 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 03:04 PM

Looks similar to my priming handle. Except I still use the stock handle with an aluminum square after what happened to Beaver's.

It looks very durable, but what is the thickness of the aluminum that makes the majority of the handle? Also, is the Piece that goes into the plunger rod machined from the larger piece, or is it a separate piece glued in?

The stock piece broke on me a long time ago. This one in particular also has the most amount of possible draw, which I think was an inch more than Beaver's.

The majority of the handle is made from quarter inch aluminum, and the top piece is 1/8" aluminum milled down a bit. I glued the pieces together using epoxy.

Kane, the super glue held for maybe, one or two primes, and promptly broke. The epoxy is holding up very well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users