Nite Finder With Hornet Tank Integration

Room for improvement...

5 replies to this topic

#1 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:32 AM

The hornet tank actually fits nicely in the laser compartment, I did most of the sanding on widening the empty hole where the laser was to fit the end of the tank.

I sanded the shell on the ammo holders on both sides, whether you are right or left handed determines where you place the internals. The laser area also needs some sanding.
Posted Image

I decided to put the blast button in the handle, so sand it out on both sides.
Posted Image

I just cut a rough hole where I wanted the button to be and placed it in there at an angle that I found comfortable, then globbed tons of hotglue all over it. I sanded down the plastic collar a bit, and the little nubs on the button to make it fit better.
Posted Image

Now, take your thumbtack and heat it up while holding it with pliers. Melt it in the button and you're good to go.
Posted Image

The pump and tank are pretty simple, I used a SM3K pump since it was thin enough. Just goop/ hot glue them into place, and make sure you get the tank straight. The pump takes a lot of force, so I gooped it wherever it made contact with that half of the shell for more holding power.
Posted Image

I didn't have a tubing connector on hand, so I used a piece of PETG and capped it with the end of a chainblazer plunger tube. I have noticed that the tube vaporizes when you push the button sometimes, and I am not sure if the extra volume in the PETG helps, harms, or does nothing to performance over a simple connector.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Now, here's where you can really make some serious improvements. The trigger tubing can be run through the trigger guard (I just pushed some in to show it'd work) and if you can connect the pump and tank to the connector at that kind of angle I think you can keep the whole thing internal and make this mod look much better.
Posted Image

Edited by Blue, 29 December 2009 - 08:35 AM.

#2 Slayer of OnE

Slayer of OnE

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:24 AM

A tad messy, but clever addition. Ranges?

Also, (forgive me if I am simply not seeing it) how do you trigger the tank? I'm not too experienced with hornets, seeing as how I horribly mutilated one in my mod history.
It's because I choose to.

#3 JATDO

JATDO

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 12:16 PM

Thats very clever and in no way clean but I like it.
You should try and make the pump a tad bit smaller, the SM3K pump just seems too long.
But over all good job, I love having a back-up in a secondary.
I remember when some girl in my English 101 class in college tried to cite The Onion as a source for her paper. The teacher lol'd.
The only time I got hit was when my spotter got hit and the enemy team realized there was a marksman in the bushes

#4 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 02:36 PM

I still don't have a pump handle for the pump so pumping it up isn't very quick or comfortable, so I don't have an idea of what length I should cut it yet. The button triggers the hornet tank, it is right uncer my pinky when I grip the gun. The hornet gets a good 50 feet at least, Nitefinder at least 40. Thanks for the compliments.

#5 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 02:49 PM

A thumbtack or screw on the top of the blast button would keep you from completely covering the opening when firing the hornet tank and causing a misfire.
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#6 Vishamon

Vishamon

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 03:37 PM

A thumbtack or screw on the top of the blast button would keep you from completely covering the opening when firing the hornet tank and causing a misfire.

He has a thumbtack

Now, take your thumbtack and heat it up while holding it with pliers. Melt it in the button and you're good to go.
http://i339.photobuc.../NonNerf212.jpg

Edited by Vishamon, 29 December 2009 - 03:41 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 8 2009, 08:40 AM) View Post

I think everyone who reads or contributes to this site needs to take a big stap back and reallize we're discussing nerf guns. The fate of absolutely NOTHING important depends on what you, me, or anyone else does

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users