Photo

Homemade Xbow

14 replies to this topic

#1 N3maN

N3maN

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 06:35 PM

i have just made the best thing since the real Xbow. It ius a homemade version of it that works in exactly the same way and is easy as hell to make. i was getting ranges of about 110 ft with it and it was accurate as hell.

all you need is one of those glue gun thing that u put liquid nails and silicon and all that sort of stuff in, like the one builders use. the are they ones where u pull back the spring bit and put ion the tube of glue and squeeze the trtigger, i dont reall know how to explain them but i think most of you will know what i am talkin about. Ok... so you need one of them, and an empyt tube of glue. now the plunger bit that goes into the glue tube works by when u squeeze it, it forces out glue by pushing forward the plunger, now, what we want it to do it let it slam right to the end. so what you need to do is go to your hardware store, buy a BIG spring and whack it inbetween the plunger and the back of the gun thing (the end closest to the trigger). now all you need to do is whack in your empty glue tube and glue the plunger in the glue tube to the plunger in the gune, whack a barrel onto the glue tube, and your gun is set up.

The one thing i havent to you how to do is make it so the current trigger system holds and releases the plunger, this needs to be changed (as u can prob see) but i dont really know how it is done cos i got a friend to do it for me. i am sure one of you can work it out and explain it to everyone.

EDIT: sorry for the crap writeup, i can understand if many of you dont get it, just ask some questions

#2 Ragornocks

Ragornocks

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 06:41 PM

Posted Image

Yeah, man, that made no sense at all. It sounds to me like you are shooting at your friends with a pneumatic nail gun.
hug the fuck out of 'em, philippe!

#3 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 06:45 PM

I have some qestions. Can you please make a good write up thats posible to understand and spelled properley?

#4 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 07:05 PM

Can you please make a good write up thats posible to understand and spelled properley?

Maybe if you start, he will be more inclined too.

*Properly*

THIRST
ko

#5 sporkboyofjustice

sporkboyofjustice

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 08:00 PM

OK I know what this guy is talking about. He took a caulk gun and an empty tube of caulk and is using the empty tube as the plunger tube and the gun part as the plunger. There is a large spring about the plunger shaft so you pull the shaft back and let it rip. The Plunger tube is huge, about an inch and a half in diameter and about 12 inches long. The seal would be bad but it sounds like a workable idea.

#6 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 08:03 PM

No, the seal would be awsome. Caulk guns are filled with cualk, and if there is a bad sal...it wil leak all over the place. My only concern is how did you get rid of allt he cualk in the plunger tube for it to rum smoothly?

THIRST
ko

#7 Gamefreak

Gamefreak

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 09:13 PM

I've had this idea before, but i;ve never done anything about it nice work though. Oh and THIRST thereis a cap on the bottom of the tube of caulk so the seal dosen't have to be good. It just pushes the cap up.
Gamertag : Corpseoftheyear

QUOTE(substance abuse)
No offense but soldat has to be the worst game ever made
Like anyone could even know that, GOSH.

#8 sporkboyofjustice

sporkboyofjustice

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 01:09 PM

I think that grease also comes in caulk tubes. If you got that you should be able to reuse it. The cap that comes with the tube would need to be epoxied to the "plunger" in order to remove it I think. Some caulk tubes are made out of paper and some out of plastic, the plastic type would be preferable of course.

#9 Terminator

Terminator

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 06:38 PM

That idea has a great chance of shooting random shit but it would take some work to make it shoot 1/2'' stefans. Also the newer more RELIABLE caulk guns dont work like the older ones. They lack the large spring. They have a handle lever that pushes the rod to the end of the inner tube of caulk. It could work, and I would praise anyone who could get it to work.

-Terminator-

Edited by Terminator, 22 March 2004 - 06:38 PM.

"Okay, okay he has one testicle, hes areodynamic, everyone cut of your balls you'll be quicker!" - Robin Williams Live 2002.

#10 rusty

rusty

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 05:17 PM

Also the newer more RELIABLE caulk guns dont work like the older ones. They lack the large spring. They have a handle lever that pushes the rod to the end of the inner tube of caulk.

Yeah all the new caulk guns have all these safety features. Also most are designed so that by pushing lightly plunger it moves in. This is good for caulking because it allows you to just dab on caulk. Its bad for nerf because the gun can't cock.

#11 N3maN

N3maN

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 04:46 AM

Sorry about the crap post guys, I won’t make any gay excuses like I was tired, I was just lazy. Ok, just like sparkboy said, i was talking about a caulking gun (I think that’s the name I couldn’t and can’t remember). Please ask questions if you need to. I will post a proper write-up soon, if anyone wants... possibly in the homemade section with a 3d diagram (If Cx will allow me to and believes my gun is good enough to be permanently in the homemade section).
Sorry about that first post guys. I'm going to clean up my act with all my posts now.

I think many of you might be right in saying that the new caulk guns just aren’t what they used to be, but I got one that is (I’m in aus.). This one i CAN cock but it took a bit of work to make it so. I think it would be possible to change the new ones to do what we want two but it would take a lot of work.

THIRST: i got all the caulk out by cuttin off the end the glue come out of, cleaning ot the tube, and whacking a pvc end cap on the end. This also gave me the ability to put the barrel on more tightly.

TERMINATOR: Why would this not be able to shoot darts, all you gotta do is whack a half in barrel on it (i used telescoped brass). And your right, they do lack a large spring, but i had one lying around so i put it in.

If anyone wants me to do a better, legible write-up, just ask. Like I said I love this gun, it get ranges of about 110ft (I think I converted right) and has a great rof. I have a new primary. I will post pics at least soon.

Edited by N3maN, 24 March 2004 - 05:00 AM.

#12 DoubleLnL

DoubleLnL

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 10:37 PM

Spork, not spark, anyway, sounds awesome. How many shots can you get off in a minute with that thing?

#13 sporkboyofjustice

sporkboyofjustice

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 01:32 PM

Thanks for covering me on that DLNL, I'm sure that he did not want to incur my sporky wrath. I was looking at caulk guns at a thrift store yesterday and I noticed an old model that did not have notches like what is currently available. It had some small springs but overall the construction was poor. I’d really hate to destroy my caulk gun to figure this out but I don’t see many alternatives.

#14 DoubleLnL

DoubleLnL

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 11:32 PM

Sporky wrath *chuckle chuckle*

#15 N3maN

N3maN

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 27 March 2004 - 04:39 AM

On a good day I can get about 35 shots a min (v. approx). There shouldn't really be to much destruction of the caulk gun req. if you have the right one. I dont know how you could make the trigger system work with on of the ones that pushes it forward with the mechanism and does not use a spring. If you could work it out that'd be great. I want to call this homemade the ANZAC TTP82, this is just what i call and because, as far as i know i am the first to do it, i would be really happy if this would happen (its an aussy thing). If i am not the first to do this please correct me and we can call it whatever the initial creator wants to. I hope anyone who wants to make this has been able to work out how to make one for my initial CRAPTASTIC post. If not i will make a better writeup, just ask.

Specs:

Name: ANZAC TTP82
ROF: c. 30 sh/s
Range: c. 110ft
Accuracy: hit 3x3 foot target at 80ft consistently
Creator: N3maN (cam)

BTW: If anyone makes one who has a cam can you please post some pics for me, i would like to compare, and allow others to see as my cam is busted (i might be able to post pics later but not for a while).

Thanx All

Edited by N3maN, 27 March 2004 - 04:41 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users