7 replies to this topic

#1 Noodleownz

Noodleownz

Self-Fondler

• Members
  • 510 posts
  • State:Illinois

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:10 PM

I have looked at all the mods in the directory for the Buzz Bee Double Shot. But I'm still left with a few questions. I noticed that I can put 1/2" PVC in the original stock barrels very easily. And I also noticed that PETG fits into PVC very nicely. So my questions are:

1. Can I just put PETG in the PVC, and put that into the stock barrels of the Double Shot?
2. Will the Double Shot still be able to fire, if I do what I mentioned above. And will it be able to shoot stefans nicely?(My stefans have a semi-loose fit in PETG)
3. Is my idea not even worth trying? Is it a waste of time?

EDIT, new question(s):
4. Is it smart(will it increase range) to replace the stock springs in the ds with nightfinder ones? Is it even do-able?

Edited by Noodleownz, 11 November 2009 - 05:07 PM.

It's Nerf or Nothin'!

#2 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 11:41 PM

1. Can I just put PETG in the PVC, and put that into the stock barrels of the Double Shot?
2. Will the Double Shot still be able to fire, if I do what I mentioned above. And will it be able to shoot stefans nicely?(My stefans have a semi-loose fit in PETG)
3. Is my idea not even worth trying? Is it a waste of time?

1. Probably.
2. Most likely not
3. probably/yes.

The reason being that even if you saw off the majority of the barrel you still have much more barrel length than can be used effectively by the plunger tubes which are 3” at most.

To get the most out of a DS do a stubby mod (no write-ups…yet). Otherwise to keep the sweet break-action I suggest modding the shells themselves with brass or cpvc inserts.

BUT…what you have in mind has never been done as far as I can tell and I think any experiment that proves something does not work is on par as valuable as proving something does. Take a run at it, if it does not work you can post your resules and still stubby mod your DS later.
The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#3 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:19 AM

You need to make a seal with the rubber base thing, the stock gun does this by using some springs to push the shells back. Getting the petg in exactly right to make a seal is going to be very, very difficult. You are better off doing the rear loading mod, I think Radio posted it.

#4 Noodleownz

Noodleownz

Self-Fondler

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:23 AM

Thanks guys. Before posting this I already had my shells modified with cpvc. Reece, do you mind explaining what the stubby mod is?
It's Nerf or Nothin'!

#5 Vinnie D

Vinnie D

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:04 AM

I hope this isn't butting in, but to answer the question. The popular stubby mod removes the entire front portion of the double shot keeping only the handle, then rebarelling the shells and fusing them directly to the plungers. This makes it more of a front loading double barrel pistol, and loses the shotgun aesthetic. It does however make it into an effective side arm.

I've recently finished a mod not far from the one you're suggesting using CPVC, and retained the break action so I can tell you it is do-able. You'll need to make a tighter seal though. Cutting a bit of felt to bridge the gap between should work fine. A bit of black duct tape works just fine for me.

I wouldn't bother with the shells if you're going to rebarrel it the way you suggested. I personally used parts of the shells to stabalize the barrels but the way you're suggesting shouldn't require them at all. I cut the barrels down to about 3" to get it to fire. You could just only rebarrel a portion of the gun and leave the rest of the barrel stock if you want to keep the gun at full length.

#6 MoonMaster

MoonMaster

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:09 AM

I think General Cole did this over on NHQ with cpvc, did he post it here too?

5. Protip: sarcasm is good for making someone else look like more of an idiot than they already do. However, if you are an idiot to start with, using sarcasm just makes you look like a COLOSSAL idiot.

#7 Noodleownz

Noodleownz

Self-Fondler

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:54 PM

New question has been added.
It's Nerf or Nothin'!

#8 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts
  • State:Washington
  • u/LukeKoboJobo on Reddit

Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:33 PM

Stock DS springs are a lot stronger than stock NF springs. And it would be really hard to do that without butchering the plunger tube.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users