31 replies to this topic

#1 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:25 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

15 shot turret, larger tank than a titan, rear loading..... and its still stock!!!!

Don

Edited by Mr BadWrench, 09 November 2009 - 10:57 PM.

NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#2 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:27 PM

pumped it about 20 times and fired 3 shots over 30ft as fast as I could pull the trigger...

#3 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:31 PM

Sick! What blaster is that?

#4 nerfer63

nerfer63

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:32 PM

Could we get a video becasue I don't see how this works?

N63

#5 JATDO

JATDO

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:37 PM

Could we get a video becasue I don't see how this works?

N63

Yea, this looks extremely confusing, a vid of shooting would be nice.

Edited by JATDO, 09 November 2009 - 07:38 PM.

I remember when some girl in my English 101 class in college tried to cite The Onion as a source for her paper. The teacher lol'd.
The only time I got hit was when my spotter got hit and the enemy team realized there was a marksman in the bushes

#6 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:42 PM

I JUST got it....

get this..... it fires on the trigger pull and rotates on the trigger release!!!!

#7 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:12 PM

the barrels are aligned with neodymium magnets!!!!

Posted Image

Edited by Mr BadWrench, 09 November 2009 - 10:54 PM.

#8 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 09:24 PM

From what I've seen, it looks really cool and high quality. Couple questions: Where did you get it and how much was it? Is the airtank fired hammer style like the mad hornet and the lightstorm series? Is there any easy way to get ranges better than 30's?

#9 zipx

zipx

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:10 PM

From the way the stock pump works, it looks it will be a bitch to do a barrel replacement. Is the stock pump stroke essential to the rotation or can you do a pump relocation/replacement? Looks like it has tons of potential.

edit: It just looks like when the stock pump is closed it would stop the barrels from rotating if you made the barrels any longer.

Edited by zipx, 10 November 2009 - 07:45 AM.

AKA: pop-tart.

#10 Samzilla

Samzilla

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:41 PM

From the way the stock pump works, it looks it will be a bitch to do a barrel replacement. Is the stock pump stroke essential to the rotation or can you do a pump relocation/replacement? Looks like it has tons of potential.

It doesnt seem that hard and the pump could also act as a barrel "spacer". Also, probably noticed this, its rearloading.
BAFF WTB Airtanks, pumps, airgun stuff

#11 balisticjoe

balisticjoe

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:55 PM

So-it's a fifteen shot mad hornet? Nice find badwrench.
There Are No Stupid Questions, But There Are A Lot Of Inquisitive Idiots.

#12 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:03 PM

hey dumbass, why don't you read a few posts before you ask stupid questions? I did not even use big words.

Don

#13 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:33 PM

Hella!

Posted Image
The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#14 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:37 AM

This thing looks to have serious potential, at least for indoor wars. If Bob's estimate of ~5 semi-auto shots @ ~30' turns out to be true, this would be a force to be reckoned with. Outdoors, those kind of ranges aren't going to be worth much, but as a secondary it would still find uses, especially in a rush or when defending an objective. Seeing as it is roughly the size of an AT2K, it would be fairly easy to pack around as well - it might even be possible to make a large-ish holster for it, considering the shape of the shell.

I can't get to the drugstore.com site right now - can anyone provide a price for this thing?
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#15 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 11:57 AM

I can't get to the drugstore.com site right now - can anyone provide a price for this thing?

$24.99
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#16 JATDO

JATDO

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:57 PM

I'm confused, now about another thing. When you replaced the barrels how do you pump it? Or did you just put them there to give us a taste of what it could be?
I remember when some girl in my English 101 class in college tried to cite The Onion as a source for her paper. The teacher lol'd.
The only time I got hit was when my spotter got hit and the enemy team realized there was a marksman in the bushes

#17 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:21 PM

Yeah you kinda explained absolutely nothing in your post, it would help to show if could even pump it now.

#18 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:11 PM

next time I get an awesome new blaster , I wont post any pics till its completely finished.

give me a break people, how stupid can you be?

are you really too dumb to figure out that simply extending the pump handle is all that is required?

I got this blaster at 7pm had internal pictures up and had it re-barreled in hours. what do you want? blueprints? Go buy your own if you arent happy with mine.

#19 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:00 PM

next time I get an awesome new blaster , I wont post any pics till its completely finished.

give me a break people, how stupid can you be?

are you really too dumb to figure out that simply extending the pump handle is all that is required?

I got this blaster at 7pm had internal pictures up and had it re-barreled in hours. what do you want? blueprints? Go buy your own if you arent happy with mine.

Come on man, give the kids a break. You showed us pictures of something new and cool and you obviously have one and say practically nothing about it. Then when we ask for further explanation you bite our heads off and call us stupid for not knowing how the gun works. I haven't heard a single stupid question yet. You did some modification to it and confused the hell out of us and as soon as we ask questions you gotta be an ass about it. Does it really hurt you to answer a couple simple questions no matter how stupid you think they are? For the sake of this forum, just be nice to people.
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#20 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:18 PM

no one has asked a question yet that has not been answered in my first few posts.
edit: My bad, Blue yes it seems to havea hammer trigger but it is self contained in a little cell on the top, I have not taken it that far apart yet, im busy working on a 1500.

I walked in the door set up my camera, took the blaster apart and had pics up...

If anyone would ask a specific simple question I will be happy to answer.

"how does it work" is not a simple question.

Asking if the pump is required for barrel rotation 2 posts after I posted that it fires on the trigger pull and rotates on the trigger release is not a NEW question.

If you just want to ask questions that anyone who read the post can answer why should I be concerned with you?

Im sorry that the information is confusing, I was posting AS I figured things out. There was a lot of discussion in the IRC channel.

Edited by Mr BadWrench, 10 November 2009 - 05:22 PM.

#21 Aquinas

Aquinas

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:14 PM

Jerm78 posted a video (from drugstore.com) of the pump action and firing of this blaster on his website:

http://nerfornothing.blogspot.com/
"Who's Steve?"
"Stiff. With an 'F'."

#22 jerm78

jerm78

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:37 PM

Jerm78 posted a video (from drugstore.com) of the pump action and firing of this blaster on his website:

You could ask him where he found that. My bet would be "post number SEVEN in this very thread."

That is correct.

#23 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:39 PM

You could ask him where he found that. My bet would be "post number SEVEN in this very thread."

That is correct.

Glad "someone" at nerfhaven posted this.

#24 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 11:38 PM

I have a question. You say the gun has a bigger tank than the titan, although it seems that the whole gun is approximately the same size, maybe a bit wider but seems shorter and also I would think there are some internals for the rotating mech and pump. So is the tank really that big, or was it just a small exaggeration.
Im curious to see the valve and such, and whether anyone can increase the power of it.

#25 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:27 AM

I have a question. You say the gun has a bigger tank than the titan, although it seems that the whole gun is approximately the same size, maybe a bit wider but seems shorter and also I would think there are some internals for the rotating mech and pump. So is the tank really that big, or was it just a small exaggeration.
Im curious to see the valve and such, and whether anyone can increase the power of it.

I will be busy till after Saturdays war in Columbus.... The tank is about 1mm smaller than the overall shell making the tank almost 4in in diameter and 5in long..

the rotation is hidden in the pics but simple and clever, i will get some pics as soon as I can. Im still debating on what Im doing with the pump.

Don

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users