Nova Thanksgiving War

Bruin Park - Nov28th

33 replies to this topic

#26 Phree Agent

Phree Agent

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:46 PM

Weather looks perfect. Sunny, in the low fifties.

By the way, I will have some blasters (nerf and vortex) for sale at the war so bring some extra cash if you are interested. I don't want to give details yet, but just keep that in mind when you pack your wallet.

See everyone there.

#27 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 12:54 PM

My tag-along has dropped-out. :( That means I will definitely have darts/guns to share. :P I am still a definite.
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#28 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 05:14 PM

Weather report still looks good. See you all there tomorrow!

#29 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:11 PM

Awesome day guys! Besides Imaseoulman getting there an hour late. :P

For those who didn't come, here's the down-low: we played many different types of games (team deathmatch, dodge ball, capture the flag, gunslinger w/o mandatory pistols...) ranging from 4 to 8 players throughout different times of the day.

The park size was great, there were a few people that used the park but it was large enough that we could give everyone room, there was always a place to play at and during the middle part of the day, there was no one at all! LOMHawkeye and crew are crazy good at finding darts so I must've gotten like 25-45% of all the darts I shot back, VERY good compared to the 5%~ I usually get back. Also considering so many leaves that tried to hide them.

This was truely what nerfing should be about, people getting together and shooting each other with foam flinging children toys and having fun. I feel like we accomplished that today. :) It was quite low-key and played with people I've never played with (besides Captain Slug) and they all are pretty kool guys. :D The only con I can think of is it was so damn windy.

I can't wait to nerf next year, and I still have alot of good darts left over!

Edited by Galaxy613, 28 November 2009 - 06:40 PM.

[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#30 LOMHawkeye

LOMHawkeye

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:54 PM

Posted Image

Thanks for a very fun time guys. Greatly enjoyed myself. Especially enjoyed meeting so many new faces from a different region. All great guys.

PS - Uriel on NHQ.

#31 Phree Agent

Phree Agent

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:57 PM

Overall, it was a fantastic war. It was my first real organized war so I don't have much to compare it to, but I had loads of fun so I think that counts as a success.

Quote of the day: "Hey Slug....You're not fat?" -imaseoulman

My 2k served me well, but I wish I had packed more to play with. It was nice to meet a handful of new people, and I would nerf with any of them again.

Chipotle was the icing on the cake. Burritos the size of small children are always delicious.

Edit: Saw the picture, I laughed.

Edited by Phree Agent, 28 November 2009 - 07:59 PM.

#32 Eboreg

Eboreg

• Banned
  • 220 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 08:31 PM

I loved that war, my first nerf war ever. However, note to self: double-check your checklist before getting in the car. Another note to self: do not try to jump over a tennis net repeatedly. My wrists still hurt.
Always bring your sword to battle.

I pity the fool who attempts to use a single-shot blaster against me.

#33 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 10:48 AM

One of the best wars I've been to in a long time.

Well, that could be in part because I haven't been to a NERF war in a long time, but it was definitely one of the best I've ever attended.

A few reasons why:
Meeting some new people and realizing that Slug, in fact, is not a fat kid (not sure why I thought I saw a picture of him being the size of two average men).
  • T Dog - One of the best NERFers I've seen in some time. He understands movement and is very quick and can dodge better than most. Hope we get to NERF together again some time.
  • Phree Agent - All around an awesome dude. I feel kinda bad for nailing him in the neck, but I think we all had a lot of fun.
  • Galaxy - Great to finally put a face with the name.
  • Uriel/LOMHawkeye - Really enjoyed meeting and talking with another awesome dude. Here's to hoping our paths cross again
  • And of course, Slug, other than realizing that you're not fat, it was great to actually meet the man behind the legend.
Overall, it was a great day. A little shorter than most wars I've been to but I really enjoyed the casual atmosphere. I think we all had a lot of fun.

And I really enjoyed the first part of the day where more than half the shots I fired hit their target (probably close to 75% accuracy) and the last few rounds around the playgrounds.

Great war guys, let's do it again. Christmas anyone?

P.S.
[*]Can't forget Eboreg- Didn't get to talk to you much, maybe next time. And digi-cami boy, I forget your name, but it was fun NERFing with you too.

Edited by imaseoulman, 29 November 2009 - 02:40 PM.

#34 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:45 AM

I had fun, too bad I couldn't stay longer.
I'm still recovering from a knee injury, and I really didn't want to be sore or immobilized the next day.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users