But anyway, onto the mod.
Ok this is a simple mod mostly for indoor wars. It's basically a Nerf M203 grenade launcher using the pump ball gun and a Recon barrel. I was going to do this for a Longshot putting the ball launcher where the bi-pod was, but later found out it'd already been done, so I thought I'd make this.
Ok you start out by opening your ball launcher and you come out with these two main simple parts:
It's just a cylinder and the tube, with all the sealing and other random stuff thats already attached. What you going to do from there is cut at two specific spots on the barrel to shorten it. You won't need to shorten the spring. First, cut around right above the part of the side of barrel that's pushed out in kinda a long rectangular shape that was meant to guide the barrel along in the original shell:
Then, cut under the orange bit thats at the muzzle under the barrel:
Now you got three pieces of the barrel, the bottom, the middle, and the muzzle. You can throw away the middle part of the barrel because you won't need it, or maybe use it for something else. The bottom and the muzzle you're going to glue together using whatever glue you want, though preferably epoxy because it sets and cures quickly, and keeps a strong bind on whatever you're gluing. I used Plumbers Goop due to me hating epoxy at the time because of previous failures.
Once the adhesive has dried, get the white cylinder and hotglue it to the back nub on the bottom of the detachable recon barrel. Stick hotglue anywhere the white cylinder is touching the barrel:
Now, back to the barrel, we need to give it some better grip so that it's easier to use the ball gun, so we'll add a handle. I just grabbed the handle from and LSFG and took out the trigger. Hot glue it to the front of the barrel. the front bit of the handle should be touching where you glued the two halves of the barrel together:
You'll also notice the e-tape on the barrel. Well, the e-tape at the top is covering the spot I glued the halves together. I'm not sure why I put it there considering it won't help anything if the adhesive breaks, but oh well. The e-tape around the back of the barrel is to make the barrel snug with the white barrel so it's not joggling around in it, and to keep it going in straight. I put little strips of foam under the e-tape to make the snug fit. If you really wanted a perfect snug fit you could do this all the way around the bottom of the barrel, but I didn't feel like doing so because it didn't seem worth it.
Now you're done! Your finished product should look something like this:
I haven't been able to test this well due to there being residue from the glue that was inside the barrel, so the orange bit pushing the balls out is often getting stuck, so I need to sand it out before I can give definitive tests. so far from my tests that worked though, it seems to get general ball launcher ranges.
Edited by Darken, 01 July 2009 - 04:07 PM.