Dart Of War 2 - Nerfous Breakdown

July Indoor War at College Park, MD!

31 replies to this topic

#26 Squishy

Squishy

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:10 AM

Looks like I'm a go, just as long as I tell dad that I need to be there earlier then I need to - he seems to think that "I need to be here at this time" = this time + ~30 min. I might have my new mod worked up, if I can find the parts... :P

EDIT: I was reading rules like a good little nerfer, and found your melee rules here: http://umdnerf.com/rules.html.

What I want to know is, I have the equivalent of something like these (Homemade): http://en.wikipedia....ki/Modern_Arnis.

They don't have a handle or pommel, but they are made from the cores of what used to be foam training Nunchuku covered in pipe insulation, I can fix them to give them the 2''+ foam sealed over the tip, are they acceptable?

They would essentially be two foam covered hollow plastic tubes of a total length apiece being 1 foot 2 inch long.

I just beat myself upside the head with them and it didn't leave any marks. :P

Doesn't really matter if you are late. Your melees will probably be fine. Hard to tell over the Internets though. Also...Why bother linking me to the Modern Arnis, when you could have basically said:

I have two foam sticks is this OK (please circle one!) YES/NO/MAYBE
Updated 6/2/08
We are the proud members of University of Maryland Nerf Activity Society, summer plans are:
Weekly games and summer Dart o' War.
WE LOVE OUTSIDE PLAYERS.

visit www.umdnerf.com for rules and forums or PM me for any questions. We always welcome outside players.

#27 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 03:45 PM

I'll be there. How far is this from the College Park metro?

Likely with +1.

Edited by Crankymonky, 12 July 2009 - 12:27 PM.

Tyranny Response Team

#28 Andrei

Andrei

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:34 AM

I'll be there. How far is this from the College Park metro?

Likely with +1.

There's usually a shuttle (The 104) that runs from the College Park Metro to the Stamp Student Union. From the union, it's literally a 3-minute walk.

#29 Squishy

Squishy

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:44 AM

Latitude:38.985722
Longitude:-76.948739
http://maps.google.c...29&z=16&iwloc=A

All of lot 1 is fine to park in. If you choose to park in another lot, make sure it says you can park from these times to these times except on the weekend, no permit is needed.

This may help as well: http://www.dots.umd....nstocampus.html

Pictures should be up later today.

KEEP IN MIND MINORS MUST HAVE A PARENT SIGNATURE.

I'd like a final head count if you please.
Updated 6/2/08
We are the proud members of University of Maryland Nerf Activity Society, summer plans are:
Weekly games and summer Dart o' War.
WE LOVE OUTSIDE PLAYERS.

visit www.umdnerf.com for rules and forums or PM me for any questions. We always welcome outside players.

#30 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 20 July 2009 - 12:23 PM

Squishy, it would probably be helpful if the equipment restrictions were a little more solid. Right now what can and cannot be used is a bit fuzzy. Are stefans allowed in high powered blasters? Big Blasts and Plusbows are likely to be the two most prevelant issues here, so addressing them with a straight forward ruling will save you a lot of bitching and moaning on site.

#31 Andrei

Andrei

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 07:13 PM

Here's a link to photos taken of the building. Pretty much all hallways are ours to use, but none of the rooms will be in-play.

http://www.umdnerf.c...ew09/index.html

The rules are fuzzy, but always have been. We don't want to ban too much, but we also don't want people getting hurt.

We're not judging the blasters - we're looking for the pattern of unsafe behavior. Since you won't need more than 80 feet of range in this indoor facility, you're better off not using your strongest blasters.

We're not specifically banning anything but what was mentioned previously, but if you're hurting others we'll ask you to change weapons / ammo.

As an aside: With the most powerful blasters, stefans would actually self-destruct when they hit the walls. So we don't recommend it.

If you have any more specific questions, e-mail me at akrotkov@gmail.com - I'll contact Squishy and get you a direct response.

#32 Naes Draw

Naes Draw

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • State:Maryland

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:15 PM

I'd like a final head count if you please.

I'm there, and the place looks sweet.

This looks like it could be one of the few kinds of places where you could almost "lose" as it were. ;)

EDIT: Woo! Awesome war. I enjoyed the different game types, some of which I'd never played.
I'm not going to be able to move in the 'morn, but fun nonetheless.

Also, THANK YOU whoever it was who lent me the bandoleer and darts - It wasn't my 100 dart bag, but it was a very efficient way to handle darts.

I'm going to remember that Powerclip trick, and get those Tonfa done.

Edited by Naes Draw, 25 July 2009 - 06:12 PM.

The nerfer with the green goggles.

|||||)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users