"2009 Dew Tour"

Dart tag championship thing.

63 replies to this topic

#26 LNL plus LS equals WIN

LNL plus LS equals WIN

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:16 AM

I think that we shouldn't get the idea "m@n we'11 0wn teh g00bers cuz wE c@n m0d r3c0ns!" Becasue after all, no modded gun will be allowed, and what advantage do we have? Sure being to wars will help, but this will be totally different.

Also, it seems that they've been reading the boards and are expecting people to sneak in modded guns.

Teams must submit themselves and their equipment for inspection in
the staging area and on the field of play. Team members must use only the
approvedequipment, supplies and vests during match play.

If they did let us bring modded guns we would have to use stock darts. :mellow:

Edited by LNL + LS = win, 29 June 2009 - 11:20 AM.

Jun 24 2009, 02:57 PM
MY ASS IS GLORIOUS!
VACC

QUOTE(CA13 @ Aug 15 2009, 05:59 PM) View Post

Ryan- Could you weigh the balls for extra oomph? Maybe cut one ball open (like a slit) and spread it so you could get some weights in there?

#27 LiterSize

LiterSize

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:35 AM

Heard this from the event promoter:

"Thank you for your email and interest in the NERF Dart Tag World Championships at the Dew Tour, June 26-27 in Chicago's Grant Park.

Next weeks event in Grant Park is FREE to enter and experience the NERF Dart Tag World Championships. Below are the basic rules and information for the World Championships. If you're over the 17 years of age you can still experience the NERF Dart Tag set-up in Festival Village you just won't be able to compete in the World Championships."

Free to enter? Sold! Regardless of whether I can play in the tourney or not since I'm well over 17, events like this are so few and far between no? Especially sponsored by the parent co. Anyway, I'll be checking it out next week.

#28 nerfer63

nerfer63

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:16 PM

Heard this from the event promoter:

"Thank you for your email and interest in the NERF Dart Tag World Championships at the Dew Tour, June 26-27 in Chicago's Grant Park.

Next weeks event in Grant Park is FREE to enter and experience the NERF Dart Tag World Championships. Below are the basic rules and information for the World Championships. If you're over the 17 years of age you can still experience the NERF Dart Tag set-up in Festival Village you just won't be able to compete in the World Championships."

Free to enter? Sold! Regardless of whether I can play in the tourney or not since I'm well over 17, events like this are so few and far between no? Especially sponsored by the parent co. Anyway, I'll be checking it out next week.

Make sure to bring a camera incase they show any of the new guns.

#29 Mehku

Mehku

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 08:55 PM

Even if I could go, I just got too spoiled with my modified weapons. I shot one of my friends unmodified nitefinders and I thought it was broken. :mellow: Also, nerfing with goobers sucks. Trust me, I used to babysit a bunch of "Pro-Nerfers". There is just no way I can fight with goobers and with stock weapons again unless something is going on and I'm forced to.

Edited by Mehku, 21 June 2009 - 08:57 PM.

#30 SgNerf

SgNerf

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 05:02 PM

Just an update on international nerf events, Singapore will be holding its official Nerf Tournament 2009 event in August. Seems it'll also be part of the Nerf Dart Tag League (NDTL).

Check out the official Tournament Website: http://www.nerf2009.com.sg

Interestingly, the tournament in Singapore has an "open" category, for participants aged 8 - 55 yrs old! :lol:
Nerf News & Reviews! >> http://www.sgnerf.blogspot.com
Nerf Mod Guides! >> http://www.modworks.blogspot.com

#31 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 08:10 PM

GOD DAMN IT!
GOD FUCKING DAMN IT!

Sponsered, competitive play for a team of four Nerfers. $6k cash prize. For ages 17 and under. FUCK!

FUCK!
~Famine
of Mag-7
East Coast Nerf 2005: Step It Up.
East Coast Nerf 2006: That's more like it.
East Coast Nerf 2007: I'm not driving to Massachusetts again.
East Coast Nerf 2008: Day of Regret.
East Coast Nerf 2009: Quid pro quo, douchebags!

#32 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 09:47 PM

Interestingly, the tournament in Singapore has an "open" category, for participants aged 8 - 55 yrs old! :lol:

But not in America, where Nerf and Hasbro is based. WTF? Though I suppose it doesn't affect me either way, because I'm not over 17 years old.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#33 LiterSize

LiterSize

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 04:06 AM

Hey all!

Ok, day 1 is over! I'll go over more stuff with videos and pics in following posts and on my blog but for now...

The Furyfire.

It was the weapon of choice for the day. We knew about the 10-shots, but I can confirm the blaster is a springer. The pump-handle rotates the cylinder and primes the blaster. Pull trigger to fire. The cylinder DOES NOT flip out to reload like a maverick. You have to put the darts in by moving the cylinder until an empty chamber appears. I didn't look like you could move the cylinder without the pump-handle moving as well. I had only a few minutes to get briefed on the rules of engagement and fiddle with the blaster before the round started. Also, they only had the Furyfires INSIDE the battle area, so I had to leave my camera behind when I finally got my hands on the furyfire. I'll hopefully make it back to the Dew Tour for Day 2 and finagle some pics.

Ranges: Stock, maybe 20-30 feet.

Handling: Mine misfired a couple of times, but I was in the 2nd to last scrimmage for the day before they prepped for the main tourney. Chances are, mine was janked a bit from previous users. It was definitely a good size though and natural to hold. Not too small at all.

We also used the new "flags". The canister is about the width of a titan barrel and just a bit longer than the switch shot firing shell.

There's probably a bunch of stuff I'm missing right now, but more to follow as I am hella tired.

Edited by LiterSize, 27 June 2009 - 04:31 AM.

#34 Wisp

Wisp

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 11:57 AM

Hey all!

Ok, day 1 is over! I'll go over more stuff with videos and pics in following posts and on my blog but for now...

The Furyfire.

It was the weapon of choice for the day. We knew about the 10-shots, but I can confirm the blaster is a springer. The pump-handle rotates the cylinder and primes the blaster. Pull trigger to fire. The cylinder DOES NOT flip out to reload like a maverick. You have to put the darts in by moving the cylinder until an empty chamber appears. I didn't look like you could move the cylinder without the pump-handle moving as well. I had only a few minutes to get briefed on the rules of engagement and fiddle with the blaster before the round started. Also, they only had the Furyfires INSIDE the battle area, so I had to leave my camera behind when I finally got my hands on the furyfire. I'll hopefully make it back to the Dew Tour for Day 2 and finagle some pics.

Ranges: Stock, maybe 20-30 feet.

Handling: Mine misfired a couple of times, but I was in the 2nd to last scrimmage for the day before they prepped for the main tourney. Chances are, mine was janked a bit from previous users. It was definitely a good size though and natural to hold. Not too small at all.

We also used the new "flags". The canister is about the width of a titan barrel and just a bit longer than the switch shot firing shell.

There's probably a bunch of stuff I'm missing right now, but more to follow as I am hella tired.

Well I'm glad someone got in. How did you do in the tournament, if I might ask?

#35 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 12:23 PM

It sounds like he was just playing in one of the open scrimmage rounds. Still sounds pretty cool though. I'm so glad to hear that the cylinder rotates independently from the trigger, turns it into a buy new instead of a wait for Goodwill blaster for me.
"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#36 LiterSize

LiterSize

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 01:32 PM

It's true! I was in an open scrimmage. There was something about the long barrel that made me feel my shots were just more accurate, too. The people were pretty cool, so keep an eye on the NDTL page though for any of the footage they shot of the scrimmages, for sure. Free swag too! I highly recommend if anyone has a chance to go, to do so. I mean, it's free to get in so what's the worst that can happen, right? The amount of cover made playing with newbs not so painful.

#37 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 08:10 PM

Did you attend Day 2?

Edited by Zorn's Lemma, 27 June 2009 - 08:13 PM.

"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#38 LiterSize

LiterSize

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 08:45 PM

I did indeed make it to day 2! The Nerf folks were nice enough to let me actually step inside the dome as non-combatant and take footage. I also wore the action cam, and I'm pulling the files now. One of the files I'm trying to save, but another one did indeed make it off the camera. Lesson learned: I need to place the camera on my shoulder, as the head placement was a little too high at times. Anyway, more later!

I took some closer shots of the fury fire, and once my camera's charged again I'll get those posted. Write up and all that good stuff to follow. I normally do updates every thursday, but be sure I'm going to knock this stuff out sooner than that.

here's a photo in the meantime. Yes, that IS the flag. And from what I saw, they're built for abuse.

http://twitpic.com/8m3ji

Edited by LiterSize, 27 June 2009 - 08:48 PM.

#39 Snyder11

Snyder11

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:18 AM

I did indeed make it to day 2! The Nerf folks were nice enough to let me actually step inside the dome as non-combatant and take footage. I also wore the action cam, and I'm pulling the files now. One of the files I'm trying to save, but another one did indeed make it off the camera. Lesson learned: I need to place the camera on my shoulder, as the head placement was a little too high at times. Anyway, more later!

I took some closer shots of the fury fire, and once my camera's charged again I'll get those posted. Write up and all that good stuff to follow. I normally do updates every thursday, but be sure I'm going to knock this stuff out sooner than that.

here's a photo in the meantime. Yes, that IS the flag. And from what I saw, they're built for abuse.

http://twitpic.com/8m3ji

SWEET! nice pic. The domes look small arena to play nerf in. I see tents in the background, what is in them??

#40 LiterSize

LiterSize

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:33 AM

It was a small area to play in, but that was the beauty of the whole set up. Up close and in your face, even moreso than when I'd be running into/away from a PAS or a +bow. The tents in the background were part of the larger Mt. Dew BMX/Open set up. I've put up a POV vid of the interior, in case anyone hasn't checked the Nerf video directory yet.

More thorough write-up and scrimmage footage later this week!

#41 LiterSize

LiterSize

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:32 AM

Here are some pics for now, still weeding through everything.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#42 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:59 PM

Posted Image

...Holy shit, this picture doesn't evoke a response from ANYone? This gun has AWESOME potential.

Just from this picture there will be AT LEAST six total slots for a rear-loading turret.

After talking to Liter, the turret locks like on an AT3K after one priming motion. Pump addition? A cinch. Big Salvo or AT2K tank can easy be put to use.

Hell, even keeping it a springer would be great. Plunger draw looks to be about two and a half to three inches which is certainly adequate.

Brian, fucking sweet video and pictures. I know I've told you it before but this is really awesome. Looking forward to the finished stuff.

Edited by Ice Nine, 30 June 2009 - 09:59 PM.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#43 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:01 PM

I can't believe those things are springers, I thought for sure they'd be air powered. Nevertheless, they look cool and should be decent at least.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#44 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:11 PM

I can't believe those things are springers, I thought for sure they'd be air powered. Nevertheless, they look cool and should be decent at least.

Agreed, I am COMPLETELY let down now that I know they're not air guns. I was seriously hoping for another SM1K, but I guess not. We can at least hope they don't have a reverse plunger.
Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#45 LiterSize

LiterSize

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:37 PM

Man, don't let the spring fool you. This still feels like a solid blaster and a good replacement for the DTB. It felt hell of durable, besides any mechanisms that might have failed when I tried the blaster and the accuracy was pretty tight. The pump-action alone made going down that field a solid experience. No telling about the reverse plunger tho, sadly I didn't have a screwdriver nearby to quickly open up one of them, hah.

#46 Homestarune

Homestarune

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 11:10 PM

I'm going to slap a 2k inside one of those the minute they are released. The Furyfire looks promising. Good job on the find.
We're not discouraging people from joining a Nerf forum, we're discouraging them from joining this forum. It's an important distinction because, frankly, we don't give a shit. The Haven was created to escape the idiotic masses, now they're all here. -cxwq

#47 LiterSize

LiterSize

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:51 AM

Got my photos up and sorted!

http://picasaweb.goo...eNERF/NDTL2009#

http://picasaweb.goo...eNERF/NDTLDay2#

Posted ImagePosted Image

#48 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:16 AM

Wow, seems you guys had a blast. Were you the only NIC guy there or did you meet up with anyone else?
Southeast Nerf Contingent

#49 LiterSize

LiterSize

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:00 PM

I doubt I was the only NIC guy there, but I didn't make it a point to meet up with anyone. I got some comments on my blog from an actual participant in the tourney, but he says he took off right after his match was over.

#50 flush

flush

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:00 PM

That...Looked...Awesome
Thank you for the pictures and video. This looked like it turned out pretty well. I hope to see more competitions like this in the future.
Also, the inflatable cover and close quarters reminded me of a paintball arena.
Was there a limited amount of time you could get hit? And how long did the games last on average?
"CAUTION: this product containts lead, a chemical known to cause cancer in the state of California". Of course, you may not live in California, in which case you're safe. Because obviously from the warning you can conclude that lead knows better than to start shit with someone from NJ-Langley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users