Bbbb : Lerazor Variant

15 replies to this topic

#1 LeRazor

LeRazor

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:14 PM

Hello All,

Here is a mod I did on a Buzz Bee Big Blast. After looking at the different mods and searching through the forums on what others did, I thought I could take a great idea and put a little spin on it.

Here goes...

Ingredients :
E-Tape
Amazing Goop
Hacksaw
Utility Knife
Small Phillips ScrewDriver
12" 17/23" K&S Brass

1. Use your screw driver to remove all the screws of your BBBB. Use the screw driver to pry the red/orange ring off the front of the gun. I found that prying it bit by bit that the glue broke easily and it came off without breaking. Try to be patient with it.

You should see the following. (Please note some of these pics occur after the mod is complete.)

Posted Image

2. Remove the internals and then pull out the pump arm on the back. Take a small screw and put it in the plunger head, Then apply Goop generously on the head of the pump head. Please note in the picture below, the screw is where the red circle is and I also made sure to put some eextra goop where the Red Squares are.

Posted Image

3. While the pump dries, you will want to start modding the rest of the internals. Pull out the rest of the internals and cut off the firing side pipe about 1 1/2 inches below the end. The firing side is the one with the orange cap on it. See Below. Save the cut piece as we will use it later.

Posted Image

4. Use your utility knife to clean up the edges of your cut and make sure its nce and smooth.

5. Tape up the following sections of the gun as shown below. This will keep the gun tight in the chassis when we reassemble. You can also put some tape around the white hard bladder if you want...for a better fit.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Now Re-assebmle the rifle.
6. Take your 12" of brass and put a spiral tape job on it, use two layers so the barrel will fit tightly.

See Below

Posted Image

That's it!! Just load the barrel from the taped side, slide it into the barrell pump and fire. Please see the sequence below to see how easy it is, and the last picture of some carboard we used for testing. Mod Man Darts went through the cardboard, and put a 1/16" dent in the metal cabinet behind it.

Load
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lock
Posted Image

Fire
Posted Image

Rememeber that little piece of plastice we cut off earlier? Well if you cut off the orange cap, put some tape on the other end of the barell you can fit it to also fire the rockets.

Posted Image

You can also mod the rockets with some nerf balls,
Posted Image

I am still working on the designs for the rockets, middle rocket went 45 feet.

Rangs with front loading of Mod Man Darts , 50-60 feet. Rear loading was well over 200 feet...with 15 pumps.

Edited by LeRazor, 04 June 2009 - 01:55 PM.

#2 Spud Spudoni

Spud Spudoni

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 02:12 PM

"Rear loading was well over 200ft"
I'm calling BS on that

industrial designer

#3 Hi Yah

Hi Yah

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 02:24 PM

I'm calling BS on that

Yeah, that's is impossible for a big blast to shoot 200 feet.
The yellow balls are also slightly smaller in diameter than the green ones.

#4 Darth Gram Gram

Darth Gram Gram

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 02:27 PM

. Rear loading was well over 200 feet...with 15 pumps.

...? What devilish measuring system are you using?!

I'm pretty sure you're just mistaken. Use FLAT measuring. But good job, otherwise.

Edited by Darth Gram Gram, 04 June 2009 - 02:28 PM.

QUOTE(Brunta @ Aug 21, 07:52 PM)
I'm actually really excited about these. These may be small but I think they will be very useful when I use my ninja skills.

#5 flyingchicken

flyingchicken

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 02:29 PM

...? What devilish measuring system are you using?! Titans and Doomsayers are lucky to reach that.

I'm pretty sure you're just mistaken. But good job, otherwise.

I dunno... after all, he did plug the pump. I wouldn't be that surprised if it did go over 200 feet.
Titans can easily reach that.
Doomsayers aren't even supposed to go that high.
I am so omniscient; if there was to be two omnisciences, I would be both!

#6 durka durka

durka durka

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 02:31 PM

I'm calling BS on that

Yeah, that's is impossible for a big blast to shoot 200 feet.

You can only get over 200' (flat) with a titan. He probably is firing with a 45 degree angle but still, 200+ ft is a bit rediculous no matter how you angle it.

Edited by durka durka, 04 June 2009 - 02:33 PM.

"The warrior who cultivates his mind polishes his arms"

#7 Darth Gram Gram

Darth Gram Gram

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 02:32 PM

...? What devilish measuring system are you using?! Titans and Doomsayers are lucky to reach that.

I'm pretty sure you're just mistaken. But good job, otherwise.

I dunno... after all, he did plug the pump. I wouldn't be that surprised if it did go over 200 feet.
Titans can easily reach that.
Doomsayers aren't even supposed to go that high.

Eh I guess so. But I'm still skeptical. He did do a good job though, I will give him that.
QUOTE(Brunta @ Aug 21, 07:52 PM)
I'm actually really excited about these. These may be small but I think they will be very useful when I use my ninja skills.

#8 Keith

Keith

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:15 PM

Please note in the picture below, the screw is where the red circle is and I also made sure to put some eextra goop where the Red Squares are.

Those notches on the edge of the face of the pump head have no effect on the inward stroke of the pump, and on the outward stroke, they form the check valve which lets air in. If your pump still works at all, then you were unsuccessful at filling them.

A picture is worth a thousand words. Although I know this one looks like crap, I just threw it together really fast,.

Posted Image

Open up your gun and look at the pump. Notice the place where the o-ring sits is kinda cone shaped. It moves to the skinny part of the cone when you pull the handle out of the gun and air flows through the notches you glued up (the red arrows in my pic).
If it was completely airtight you probably wouldn't be able to pull the pump handle out.

#9 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 06:25 PM

You guys are retarded. Nobody is going to hit 200 feet with any nerf blaster. And even if you could it wouldn't matter because it would be banned and no one can shoot accurately at 200 feet because of faulty iron sights, the speed of the dart, and wind.

Edited by TantumBull, 04 June 2009 - 06:25 PM.

#10 LeRazor

LeRazor

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 06:53 AM

We had to do some math with this one as we only had an office to test with.

We used a 6' Shooter with a 6' Target at 100 feet, and mounted the gun to a camera tripod and used a laser pointer to aim at the target. We put the laser in the barrel and then set the tripod.

We shot the gun 10 times with an average bullet drop of 1 foot. Because a bullets flight path is parabolic, we can then deduce the distance the dart would go before hitting the ground. At 50' the bullet would have dropped 4 inches, and at 100' it would drop an extra 8 inches, At 150' the dart should drop an extra 2 feet. And at 200' it would drop an extra 4 feet, then hit the ground.

We found the secret to the power of this gun is rear loading it. You have to have as little dead space behind the bullet as possible. And the trigger must be pulled fast to release all the power at once.

Let me know if my math is wrong here.

Edited by LeRazor, 07 June 2009 - 06:55 AM.

#11 go implode

go implode

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 08:11 AM

About is 200foot range, angled my cpvc'd big hit 210 with a stock streamline. So i think he could easly hit 200 angled with a good stefan and brass.

#12 ilzot

ilzot

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 08:54 AM

I still think those ranges are BS. My BBBB with a perfect fitting dart and 15 pumps only broke around 130'.
QUOTE(Vinnie D. @ Feb 1 2010, 05:28 AM) View Post

... to be able to get a better burst or sustained fire, rather than blowing the whole load at once.

#13 nerfnukerz

nerfnukerz

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 10:06 AM

We had to do some math with this one as we only had an office to test with.

We used a 6' Shooter with a 6' Target at 100 feet, and mounted the gun to a camera tripod and used a laser pointer to aim at the target. We put the laser in the barrel and then set the tripod.

We shot the gun 10 times with an average bullet drop of 1 foot. Because a bullets flight path is parabolic, we can then deduce the distance the dart would go before hitting the ground. At 50' the bullet would have dropped 4 inches, and at 100' it would drop an extra 8 inches, At 150' the dart should drop an extra 2 feet. And at 200' it would drop an extra 4 feet, then hit the ground.

We found the secret to the power of this gun is rear loading it. You have to have as little dead space behind the bullet as possible. And the trigger must be pulled fast to release all the power at once.

Let me know if my math is wrong here.

I believe your math is perfectly right. But you have forgotten several important factors here. The drop can change depending
upon humidity and temperature, wind might throw your dart off target, or many other things could change your range. My advice? Go outside, get a tape measure and test it. Even if it does get 200', TantumBull is right, and you won't be able to use it accurately.
Now you're dead.

#14 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:43 AM

I know that there are guns capable of those ranges, such as converted water guns, however, if you want everyone to shut up, do a no-BS video of you shooting and accurately measuring. Then we'll believe you.
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#15 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:36 AM

I could give at dead rat’s ass about your range debate.

I AM hella interested in your missile mods, looks like you glued various portions of ballistic balls onto various portions of 4B darts. Run more tests and post successful results along with what didn’t work so I can find a use for all my blown-out 4B darts.
The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#16 LeRazor

LeRazor

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:03 PM

I could give at dead rat’s ass about your range debate.

I AM hella interested in your missile mods, looks like you glued various portions of ballistic balls onto various portions of 4B darts. Run more tests and post successful results along with what didn’t work so I can find a use for all my blown-out 4B darts.

Those missiles are cut down BBBB rockets, and the Balls from my Nerf Reactor that I modded. I will make a vid as soon as I get a chance.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users