Here is a mod I did on a Buzz Bee Big Blast. After looking at the different mods and searching through the forums on what others did, I thought I could take a great idea and put a little spin on it.
Small Phillips ScrewDriver
12" 17/23" K&S Brass
1. Use your screw driver to remove all the screws of your BBBB. Use the screw driver to pry the red/orange ring off the front of the gun. I found that prying it bit by bit that the glue broke easily and it came off without breaking. Try to be patient with it.
You should see the following. (Please note some of these pics occur after the mod is complete.)
2. Remove the internals and then pull out the pump arm on the back. Take a small screw and put it in the plunger head, Then apply Goop generously on the head of the pump head. Please note in the picture below, the screw is where the red circle is and I also made sure to put some eextra goop where the Red Squares are.
3. While the pump dries, you will want to start modding the rest of the internals. Pull out the rest of the internals and cut off the firing side pipe about 1 1/2 inches below the end. The firing side is the one with the orange cap on it. See Below. Save the cut piece as we will use it later.
4. Use your utility knife to clean up the edges of your cut and make sure its nce and smooth.
5. Tape up the following sections of the gun as shown below. This will keep the gun tight in the chassis when we reassemble. You can also put some tape around the white hard bladder if you want...for a better fit.
Now Re-assebmle the rifle.
6. Take your 12" of brass and put a spiral tape job on it, use two layers so the barrel will fit tightly.
That's it!! Just load the barrel from the taped side, slide it into the barrell pump and fire. Please see the sequence below to see how easy it is, and the last picture of some carboard we used for testing. Mod Man Darts went through the cardboard, and put a 1/16" dent in the metal cabinet behind it.
Rememeber that little piece of plastice we cut off earlier? Well if you cut off the orange cap, put some tape on the other end of the barell you can fit it to also fire the rockets.
You can also mod the rockets with some nerf balls,
I am still working on the designs for the rockets, middle rocket went 45 feet.
Rangs with front loading of Mod Man Darts , 50-60 feet. Rear loading was well over 200 feet...with 15 pumps.
Edited by LeRazor, 04 June 2009 - 01:55 PM.