27 replies to this topic

#1 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:37 PM

Greetings fellow nor-cal nerfers!

I'm hosting a war up here to help you all get into the swing of things, and further promote the nerf scene you've got going on.

We're going to some new locations you haven't played at before. It's going to be different from what you're used to, but I promise, you're all going to have a fantastic time.

I'm putting down four locations. I've never played at any of these places, so I don't know if those present will be okay with us or not. If we have any problems with any of the locations, we will pack up and move on to another one. It's simple, and no one will get in trouble. If for any reason, the authorities (cops, etc.) are called, you are agreeing by coming to this event that you will leave talking to them to me. I've been doing this for a long time; the last thing any of you need is the added stress of talking to police to complete your day.

Our war locations are as follows, and in order of appearance:

Willis Jepsen Middle School
580 Elder St, Vacaville, CA‎

Will C. Wood High School
998 Marshall Rd.
Vacaville, CA

Fairmont Elementary Scool
1355 Marshall Rd.
Vacaville, CA

Cooper Elementary School
750 Christine Dr, Vacaville, CA‎

We will be meeting in the main parking lot of Willis Jepsen Middle School at 10:00 am. Please be as prompt as possible, for the sake of getting in as much play time as we can, and allowing for lunch breaks and potential location moves. Again, don't worry about having to shift locations if necessary; it's not a big deal, and playing at multiple locations is commonplace down in So Cal to help keep the day fresh and fun.

Next on the agenda is our need for an event date. Typically, down in So Cal, I just snag a date and everyone has enough advance notice to get themselves there. However with this event, I want as many of you that want to make it to be able to so we can have the best Northern California event possible. So I'm laying out two options at the bottom of this post, all Saturdays. Please let me know in this planning thread which of the two (or both if you can) that you would be available for, and I'll set a date in stone within a week or so, depending on how quickly you all respond.

Eye protection is MANDATORY. None of this 18 and over optional business. I was knocked out last weekend by a nerf dart. As in blacked out from the impact. You have no choice in this matter. Wear eye protection, end of story. Make sure your friends bring something too.

Quick note on gun bans:
Bring more than one gun. Down in So Cal we have a set of rules, but I don't want to impede on whatever you people up there already have working for yourselves, so just bring more than one and if I deem that something is unsafe, I'll tell you so. Just don't bring singled Titans, Plugged Big Blasts, and Singled 5K's. Oh, and let's try to stay away from homemades. All else is fair game, including Nerf Swords, etc.

Wear comfortable clothing. Please limit yourselves to ONE article of of camouflage clothing. This is not mil-sim, and this is not woodsball. You will be playing in SCHOOLYARDS. Wear something you're comfortable wearing while engaging in physical activity. Ladies, please be modest. Guys, please please PLEASE be modest. You're not too sexy for that shirt, I promise you, and NO ONE likes butt cleavage. Wear a belt, or I'll shoot what shouldn't be showing. For serious.

Bottled water is a good idea. I can't promise that these schools will all have drinking fountains. Bring a sack lunch, or money to go grab something. DO NOT skip lunch; you will regret it, and I don't want to listen to you whining about being tired. Hell yes you're going to be tired, but not at 2 in the afternoon.

Lastly, I need YOU! I need ALL of you! Bring yourself, and bring some friends! All of those friends of yours that have been laughing at your silly little nerf gun hobby? Grab them and bring them, because this event, I promise you, is going to be one that will convince them that nerfing is fun and worth their time. I only ask that you supply yourself and all of those you bring with guns and darts. I cannot supply anyone with materials, as I live on a meager budget and will only be able to handle myself and the three people I'll be bringing along. If you don't have modified guns or play with stock guns because that's what you prefer, don't worry! Come anyway! Many a time, someone has shown up with stock guns and still done VERY well.

Time to get down to business. The dates we have to work with are:

June 20th

Please respond as quickly as you can so we can set this in stone and have some fun! Looking forward to meeting all of you there.

-Falcon

Attendance list:

>CaliforniaPants
>nerfer9
>kdizzle1533 +2
>Falcon +3
>Blue
>AJ.Z

Maybes:

>Just Some Bob
>Season of Foam Team
>Sasquatch
>Sage
>nerfman600

Edited by Falcon, 27 May 2009 - 11:39 PM.

----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#2 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:45 PM

Argh, it would almost be closer for me to just dive to a so-cal war, damn middle of the state. But put me down as a maybe, probably plus 1 or 2. I'll edit in a date choice later.

trans as shit because fuck you

#3 kdizzle1533

kdizzle1533

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 03:54 PM

I would say the 20th would be better. My sister is getting married at the end of July and I'm pretty sure I'm still comitted to be in Vegas for her bachlorette party on June 27th (which I'm tring to get out of). I think this is a great idea and we should all do this. I would only be able to bring Camille and Jordan with me but I think nor cal need this. Think of it as a warm up for Geddon (if youre going). I'm in.
...yea girls nerf too...

#4 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 06:33 PM

Posting for my buddy, the banned nerfer9. He is "going to be there hell or high water", if anybody needs to tell him something, PM me and I'll relay the message.

#5 sasquatch

sasquatch

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:49 PM

Falcon, how you guys getting there? You staying the night before hand of something?

Cuz I think it would be interesting to go and play with totally new people and totally new places. Gimme a call or PM or reply on here. Something, lol.

And for reference, the 20th would probably be better for me, as I MIGHT have something to do the 27th.
I'm big and hairy, that's how you'll remember if you see me. My name's Sasquatch for a reason

#6 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:04 PM

Uhhhh...I'll be living there, dude. Internship came through. The next 6 months = operation Nor Cal Nerf.

Your war, your rules. I accept that fully; but it might keep me away.
Most everything I like to carry starts off banned.

I'm sorry to hear that. Last weekend I got hit in the forehead near my temple with one of the aforementioned banned guns, and it knocked me out. Literally. Unconscious. I'm sorry if I sound intolerant, but this is for everyone's safety, including yours.

Edited by Falcon, 18 May 2009 - 08:19 PM.

----------||||||||)
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#7 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:21 PM

Uhhhh...I'll be living there, dude. Internship came through. The next 6 months = operation Nor Cal Nerf.

That's the best news I've heard all day. Also, I've made 4 of CS's Mobstacles that I can bring along to provide more cover.

#8 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:24 PM

I've made 4 of CS's Mobstacles that I can bring along to provide more cover.

That won't be necessary. I appreciate the offer, but save the room for more people. There'll be plenty of cover as-is, and it's a lot easier to pack up and move locations without having to bring part of the location with us.

Oh, and Sasquatch...if you want to come on up, you can crash at my place. Some of the other guys might come up for it too...ya never know. Summer pre-SOF So Cal clan road trip!!!

Edited by Falcon, 18 May 2009 - 08:28 PM.

----------||||||||)

#9 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 11:08 PM

Guys, please please PLEASE be modest. You're not too sexy for that shirt, I promise you, and NO ONE likes butt cleavage. Wear a belt, or I'll shoot what shouldn't be showing. For serious.

Tribute to Toj much?

Summer pre-SOF So Cal clan road trip!!!

HECK YES!

I'll get right on convincing PILZ and T.O.N.Y.....

Falcon, I'll leave Apollo to you.

To each their own, I suppose. I generally would rather nerf with people I can trust.

Trust isn't an excuse to do something dangerous with something as unpredictable as a modified 4b. I know for a fact that Falcon trusts all of us here in SoCal pretty darn well, but no one can control a dart THAT well, I don't care who they are.

Note: about the Eye protection thing... don't make my lug the Speed Racer Helmet of Shame all the way up to NorCal.

Edited by baghead, 18 May 2009 - 11:16 PM.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#10 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 03:21 PM

To each their own, I suppose. I generally would rather nerf with people I can trust.

The person who shot me, I would trust with my life. So Cal nerf comprises about 95% of my friend base, and they're the most trustworthy people I've ever met.

I'm sorry that most of the stuff that you want to use tends to start out banned, but perhaps that says something to the effect of needing a shift in play-style. Someone needs a Magstrike... :)

Right now, it's looking like most people are leaning towards the 20th. All in favor?

Edited by Falcon, 19 May 2009 - 03:22 PM.

----------||||||||)

#11 sasquatch

sasquatch

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:37 PM

Oh, and Sasquatch...if you want to come on up, you can crash at my place. Some of the other guys might come up for it too...ya never know. Summer pre-SOF So Cal clan road trip!!!

HELL YEA!

and congrats on the internship. I gotta email my teacher about looking over my resume and stuff....

If you could shoot me an email or PM about address and stuff that'd be cool.

Edit: 20th works great.

Edited by sasquatch, 19 May 2009 - 09:38 PM.

I'm big and hairy, that's how you'll remember if you see me. My name's Sasquatch for a reason

#12 sasquatch

sasquatch

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:34 PM

ZOMG double post. Also....

ZOMG I have relatives literally like a mile from 3 or the locations. I will have to meet up with them for a bit....

#13 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:48 PM

I'm a maybe. There hasn't been a war closeby for about a month, but this is pretty far away.

#14 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:17 AM

Consider the 20th set.
----------||||||||)

#15 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 05:55 PM

Alright, it's looking like there's potential for about 16 people if EVERYONE on the maybes list comes, which isn't likely. Looking good, though! I'll try to drag out a few of my old roommate's friends as well to help fill things out. The goal is about 18. See what you all can do about bringing friends with you! The more the merrier! 18's just more or less a magical number down here in So Cal.

Edited by Falcon, 23 May 2009 - 05:55 PM.

----------||||||||)

#16 sasquatch

sasquatch

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 08:59 PM

I'm also talking to Andrew and he sounds interested in going, I think as long as we have a couple other people going up too.

#17 AJZ

AJZ

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 11:14 PM

I will try and make it. Would anybody be interested in making some rades like a premeet?

#18 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:47 PM

I'm a definite now.

#19 nerfman600

nerfman600

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 06:53 PM

Put me down as maybe.
Signatures, phigmatures, who uses those anymore. Oh me.

#20 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:57 AM

Excellent news! Thanks for the updates, people! Keep 'em coming! I want as many of you there as possible so we can get everyone that's up there all in the same place for once. Knowing who all is active in your area and where exactly they're coming from, etc. is crucial to making events happen on a more regular basis.
----------||||||||)

#21 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:46 PM

I apologize for the double post, but seeing as the war's two weeks out as of tomorrow, it'd be good to bring it up to the front page. While I'm at it, I'd like to ask you all a bit about what you've all gotten used to playing at your wars. My intent is to bring up So Cal's favorite game types to introduce you all to, but it'd be nice to hear what all you're used to playing.

In addition, do any of you use Hand to Hand weapons of any kind? The current rule in So Cal is that the only Hand to Hand weapons allowed are Nerf Brand foam swords, with the exception of 1/2" PVC covered in pool noodles being legal swords, provided that they are being used as blowguns as well.

Again, I'm looking forward to meeting you all and sharing/swapping ideas and all that jazz. Take care, and let me know what your thoughts etc. are on those last few questions. Thanks!
----------||||||||)

#22 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 08:11 PM

Here in the Valley, we allow all hand to hand weapons even if they aren't used as blowguns, as has been the case at all the wars I've hosted. At NIC wars I've hosted we usually only play a few game types (deathmatch, team deathmatch, pistol rounds, etc), but in local ones we end to have rounds such as "silliest gun you have" and the like. We're pretty open to new ideas when it comes to game types.

Also, I didn't know if I was supposed to make this a post or a PM, so I just did it here.

#23 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:41 PM

I'd prefer it here. Thanks for the update!

I'm not gonna restrict H2H at this event, since it hasn't ever appeared that you guys in your area nor up closer to where I am have ever had any issues with too much H2H being used. The only requirement is that anyone using a H2H weapon is required to be using a blaster of some type as their primary.
----------||||||||)

#24 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 11:16 PM

Sadly, due to low grades, I'm grounded for a week. This means that I wont be able to make this war. Sorry for any inconvenience, and I hope to see you all at geddon in a month.

#25 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 05:10 PM

Alright, I need some stefans that fit in CPVC for this war, and I'd be willing to buy some of anyone coming. I am also going to be bringing pretty much every gun I own, so bring guns to trade. I am also looking to get a RSCB clip, so post here if you can set me up and how much. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users